Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burnt out light tail light after sequentials.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:03 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default Burnt out light tail light after sequentials.

I just installed a set of Web Electric sequential tail light last week and I got pulled over last night for a burn't out tail light. I remember seeing a thread a couple weeks ago where someone recommended a certain kind of bulb to run when using sequentials but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

Should I just replace the burn't out bulb, or all 6 of them? I really don't want to have the new one be brighter or anything like that.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Burnt out light tail light after sequentials.

I just had a tailight bulb burn out and could not find a replacement bulb it uses a 4057 I went to trakauto, pep boys, kragen and autozone nobody carries a 4057 the manager of Autozone actually came outside with me and tried a 4114 bulb and it worked fine I just replaced it yesterday I hope that it works ok. I would like to find out what bulbs to usewith my CDC sequential lights.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:47 PM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

I had the same thing happen when I installed mine I just got some cheap bulb up at napa but I think people will say to get the luminics bulbs bc they last longer
Old 04-18-2008, 02:05 PM
cavediver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

I just installed a set of Web Electric sequential tail light last week and I got pulled over last night for a burn't out tail light. I remember seeing a thread a couple weeks ago where someone recommended a certain kind of bulb to run when using sequentials but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

Should I just replace the burn't out bulb, or all 6 of them? I really don't want to have the new one be brighter or anything like that.
You actually got pulled over because one of the three bulbs on one side was burned out? That sounds a bit extreme to me. You didn't get a ticket or anything did you?

FWIW, I installed Web Electric sequentials on my 07 GT back in September and haven't had any bulbs burn out.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:10 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

I couldnt seem to find the 4057 bulbs anywhere either. But, somehow the burnt out tailight cured itself and started working again and havent had a problem since

I thinks it would be best just to bang'em all out and avoid crap like that happening again. Cops are out there looking too hard I guess[:'(]
Old 04-18-2008, 02:11 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

I have had sequentials for two years with original bulbs. That is a bunch of BS you need different bulbs. You probably knocked the filament when swapping the bulbs.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:29 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

They were working for almost a week. The cop said that I was speeding, which I know for a fact I was only doing 40 and it's a 50mph zone (lots of pot holes). He gave me a fix it ticket, and said he was letting me go for the speeding.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:32 PM
MustangFanatic4
1st Gear Member

I think it's Sylvania on the brand name for my replacement, Ordered from AutoZone
correct me on spelling. i had aburnt out light on the high beam when i put my sequentials on
Old 04-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

They were working for almost a week. The cop said that I was speeding, which I know for a fact I was only doing 40 and it's a 50mph zone (lots of pot holes). He gave me a fix it ticket, and said he was letting me go for the speeding.
The bulb burnt out thing is probably like having tinting that's too dark on the passenger/driver windows. For that infraction alone they will not pull you over but if there is another reason they did pull you over then they'll get you for it.

Doesnt' make sense because if I were a cop i'd get you for the speed and let you off on the fix-it ticket.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:53 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Web Electrics dinosaur circuits burn bulbs bad.
Get Sylvania LongLife and replace ALL of them at once.

CDC Dynamite sticks FTW.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Burnt out light tail light after sequentials.