Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

talk me into a manual :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 08:15 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Default RE: talk me into a manual :)

I've always had manual sport cars. I wouldn't have had it any other way,even when I lived in the stop and go traffic of Florida.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Flatline1980
2nd Gear Member

Exhaust sounds better in a manual.. my opinion
Old 04-20-2008, 08:33 PM
jaxbelleil
2nd Gear Member

It's a long term investment , how old are you?, is it possible that having a manual will ever compromise your everyday life... if your looking for speed on the track , and fun to drive go with the manual . If your looking for speed , and a daily driver to and from work... go with the auto. If I had a secound car that was an Auto I would have went with the manual ...
Old 04-20-2008, 08:47 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

I actualy learned to do pretty with the manual where coming down I395 I would ride in second or third most of the way and never really have to push the clutch that much. But the big problem was hitting all the lights in DC and alexandria. I have a bum knee so it wasnt helping at all.

I wont lie, yes driving a manual is more fun, how much, well i dont thinkall that much to justify having one in the area I live in. If anything I would buy a older 80's or 90's 5 speed that are still reasonbly priced just to have fun with, but like i said I also have fun shifting the auto through all the gears.

Now I do have to admit, my manual had a little more pep, but i put that up too a few facts, one car is still breaking in, two the manual had 355's where the auto only has 331's and third I had my cold air intake on the manual and still havent put it on the auto yet.

I know in the long run the manual will have a little more pep, but like i said i am not a racer, i dont need to pull up to people and rev my engine and if i do it is easy just to drop it in nuetral to do that.

By the way where in DC area are you? You part of the mustang board around here?

ORIGINAL: mdg

siggy14 - shifting an automatic is no comparison to shifting a manual. It's night/day. I sit in DC traffic as well and love the manual. I actually look forward to traffic so I can rev the hell out my car and scare the crap out of all these yuppy drivers.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:41 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Toy4Bob

ORIGINAL: DarkFireGT

The Mustang manual is one of the easiest you'll ever drive. The new autos are very consistant with a good tune, though. That said, you can't dump the clutch, or put a Hurst in it.

Not to hijack the thread, but I just had to say "dude, that is an awesome picture"!
Thanks If you like that, you should see my recent photoshoot for an up and coming area hip hop group. [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 04-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Im not going to try to talk you into anything. Go to the dealer and test drive both. Tell the salesman to set down, shut up, and hold on. He is only their to buy gas and this will NOT be a short test drive.

Now buy the one that speaks to your heart.... Otherwise you will always regret it.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Fletch
2nd Gear Member

I'd never even consider an automatic transmission in one of these cars.

~Fletch~
Old 04-20-2008, 10:27 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

I know, and understand, why people buy autos. But to me, it's not a Mustang without a V8 and manual gearbox.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:15 AM
08mustanggt
1st Gear Member

when i test drove my 08 gt i had not driven a manual in 20 years, but as soon as i released that clutch i knew i would not be testing the automatic like i had planned,will always keep an automatic in my family car and work van, but never in the sports cars i will own
Old 04-21-2008, 06:38 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DarkFireGT

I know, and understand, why people buy manuals. But to me, it's not a Mustang without a V8 and manual gearbox.
Right.....I guess I drive aHonda Mustang want-a-bethen! To each his own!

Quick Reply: talk me into a manual :)