Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CARFAX; a little/big Help from ITALY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 03:17 AM
MikeDelo

Default CARFAX; a little/big Help from ITALY!!!

Hi to Everyone!

I'm Michele, from Italy!

I purchased a 2006 Mustang GT last year and I discovered Carfax service only in those days reading this forum...

Well, this morning I tryed to run a carfax for my car (they told me that I've 8 reports for her) but carfax asked me a valid US adress to do that!!

Well, I'm in Italy and I read in the faq that overseas customers can't run a carfax but I need and like to see what the 8 carfax reports means to mycar!!!

So I was wondering; can I write a casual billing adress form US??

I don't know anyone from US so I can't ask to anyone his adress...

Have you got some ideas to help me???

I hope so!!

Thank you very much and greetings from Italy!!

Ciao e Grazie Ragazzi!! (hello and thanks guys!)
Old 04-22-2008, 03:56 AM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

Default RE: CARFAX; a little/big Help from ITALY!!!

Are you in the military in Italy? If your were then you can change your address to say APO as the city, and then NY as the state. Since all mail gets forwarded from New York to APO Adresses....
sorry I read your other posts and you arent in the military, but maybe you can just put an address down and they can email you the carfax report... not sure...
Old 04-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Slacker584
1st Gear Member

Hello Michele,

I don't think you can put a casual U.S. billing address whenever you are asked for your credit card information. The purpose of the billing address is to verify that it matches what the credit card company has on file for you. I have never tried to put a different address (never had the need to) when asked for my credit card info, so I cannot say for sure that putting a casual address will work.

My advice to you is to find another vehicle history service that can accept a different form of payment, such as PayPal. I am pretty sure that PayPal is international and therefore your address in Italy would be valid.

If none of this works out, I'm sure your car's records could just be normal service and/or inspections. I have an 06 and my car has 6 records, and it's never been in an accident or had anything serious happen to it. Carfax only reports accidents and such if they were reported to the police, insurance companies, or both, so you never know how thorough these reports are anyway.

Buona Fortuna
Old 04-22-2008, 10:17 AM
MikeDelo

Hi Slacker584!

Thank you for all your advices!

Well, as you said your car has 6 records so I tought that mine could have 2 more records for some exports facts...don't you? (or maybe is stolen???? and then exported????!!!![sm=insomnia.gif])

And for all the matter, I was thinking that it's almost useless to run now a carfax considering the fact that I already bought my Mustang...well, it could be interesting but also complicated with all those billing adress issues!

I hope my Mustang will be ok for decades!!!

Thank you very much to everyone for now and see you soon!

Old 04-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

So you say, carfax doesn't ALWAYS list accidents reported by insurance companies...I had a car that was in an accident and it never showed up on the carfax...not to mention I have USAA and I'm pretty sure they aren't doing anything shady...
Old 04-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Slacker584
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black05StangGT

So you say, carfax doesn't ALWAYS list accidents reported by insurance companies...I had a car that was in an accident and it never showed up on the carfax...not to mention I have USAA and I'm pretty sure they aren't doing anything shady...
If it was in an accident, I assume you filled out a police report right? I'm not 100% sure where Carfax gets their info from, like I said. Neither of us can speak for Carfax or USAA, so who knows wtf is going on.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:59 PM
eddieval5
3rd Gear Member

If the car was in accident and not reported to the police or insurance company it isnt going to show up in the Carfax report. Like in the case of my car.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

Agreed...the point I was making was that the accident was reported to the insurance company and the police...
Old 04-22-2008, 03:20 PM
07MustangGT_girl
2nd Gear Member

If you send me your VIN I'll run an autocheck for free for ya.