Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to make the car ridiculous loud...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 12:39 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Want to make the car ridiculous loud...

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

Mac longtubes with o/r prochamber to stock mufflers
standard o/r H or o/r X is going to be louder than the prochamber
True but worse sounding...I have used all three
agreed. i don't care for the sound of no cats with stock muffs at all.. sounds weird to me.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:29 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

o/r xis my fav. The macs and slp and boom tubes and maybe the Mm system are the only set ups that i think sound ok with stock mid pipe and still way to mild.The rest are a waste of money unless you get a o/r pipe or LT with tiny cats. especially the borlas, all that money for barely anything
Old 04-23-2008, 01:36 AM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TOMBSTANG

o/r xis my fav. The macs and slp and boom tubes and maybe the Mm system are the only set ups that i think sound ok with stock mid pipe and still way to mild.The rest are a waste of money unless you get a o/r pipe or LT with tiny cats. especially the borlas, all that money for barely anything
I know I love my borla's! wouldn't change them for anything else! worth every penny!
Old 04-23-2008, 01:37 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rshamekh

I know I love my borla's! wouldn't change them for anything else! worth every penny!
2 each there own I notice you have a o/r pipe though to so you can atleast hear them now, with stock mid pipe they are barely louder then stock. even with the o/r set up they are very timid when lined up against other set ups.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:44 AM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

2 each there own I notice you have a o/r pipe though to so you can atleast hear them now, with stock mid pipe they are barely louder then stock. even with the o/r set up they are very timid when lined up against other set ups.
The borla's alone were much louder than stock that i kept my stock mufflers thinking i might go back to stock one day..

Then i got used to it and wanted more, thats when i added the o/r h.

but to each their own as you said .. as far as i remember, (moosestang, if i'm not mistaken) had the borla's for a while and thought they were too loud so he switched to GTA's then the MM's now..

O/R X without mufflers? no thanks.. how can you even drive the car?

Old 04-23-2008, 01:51 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

The borla's alone were much louder than stock that i kept my stock mufflers thinking i might go back to stock one day..

but to each their own as you said .. as far as i remember, (moosestang, if i'm not mistaken) had the borla's for a while and thought they were too loud so he switched to GTA's then the MM's now..

Correct Moose did switch, I think he gave the stingers 8/10 and the mid muffer 6/10.........and the stingers are certainly louder than stock. If you dont think they are you need to clean your ears out
Old 04-23-2008, 01:58 AM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

nice new sig matt
Old 04-23-2008, 01:59 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

tombstang........come on now.....you know better than to be busting on our Borla's.....

you're absolutely right....everyone is entitled to his or her opinions.......but

I'd love to have you pull up next to my "barely anythings" and then tell me what ya think!!!

I remember shortly after I had the Borla catbacks installed I pulled up at the bank and went inside.....I had EVERY EMPLOYEE THERE outside when I left, checking out my car.....
one of the fella's even asked....."what kind of engine are they putting in those things nowadays"??? [8D][8D][8D][8D]
Old 04-23-2008, 01:59 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

The drone is much louder then stock out side of the car its not that big of a diffrence, cold start sure cause its in the drone range but outside of it they are tame as ever, I think the magnaflows were even louder then the brolas with stock mid- pipe. could just be me but I have some clips on my youtube account you can check out that gives you a pretty good diea what im talking about, the camera is about 95% dead on with the sound also.Hd camera that puts out Hd qaulity vid.

Mm with o/r x is way louder then the borlas with a o/r pipe. Only thing that is louder with the borlas is drone.I have vids in my youtube name with the cars lined up to proove it. you can hear the owner with the borlas and stock cats saying man its not even loud after hearing all of the other cars, hes telling the guy to red line it basically in hope they get louder. too bad I cut the cam when he says i think I need a o/r pipe or a new set up.

I have heared every set up minus a few with the pro chamber but I must say I love the o/r x and slp. This is my4th set up already and doubt it will change, The car is quiet like stock when you want it to be then wakes the dead when you want it too.

I generally cruise around in 5th gear at low rpm since I have 4.10 so its pretty low key majority of the time. my fav set up by far, then macs then MM. either o/r pipe with them
Old 04-23-2008, 02:04 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

nice new sig matt
thanks!

i like it too! Alot!

Quick Reply: Want to make the car ridiculous loud...