Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would be the cost of redoing the interior of a 2007 Coupe

Old 04-23-2008, 01:43 PM
mjb_

Default What would be the cost of redoing the interior of a 2007 Coupe

I've had my Mustang for 16 months now. I love it except for one small issue: I'm not terribly happy with my interior choices. It is Vista Blue with a light grey cloth interior. I would much rather have the darker grey leather interior. With all the money I've put in so far between the down payment and monthly payments I've made it is extremely uneconomical to trade in for something new. My only other option then is to somehow buy all the bits and pieces to replace my interior.

What are my options for doing this? All I can think of is either buying everything from the dealer as replacement pieces (probably quite expensive), finding someone with the interior I want who has totaled their car (probably reasonable price wise but unlikely to find someone), or fidning someone with the itnerior I want who is interested in trading (so unlikely I'm not even sure why I mention it).

Are there any aftermarket companies that offer complete conversion kits? I've found trim pieces, dash kits, and the like, but no complete conversions.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:49 PM
ApexStang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What would be the cost of redoing the interior of a 2007 Coupe

I betcha it would be cheaper just to go to a local interior shop and have them reupholster your seats, door panels, console lid and new carpet.

Do it all in black and you would have a pretty sick looking color combo.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:57 PM
cbrstng08
2nd Gear Member

There are link in other threads but you can by take offs to install in your car. They are the leather covers that come from roush, saleen, etc. that have like 3 miles on them and they take them off to put in their custom interior. You can get the entire set, fronseats and rear, for a pretty good price from what i hear. I'm sure someone will chime in here with a link.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:01 PM
mjb_

I had considered that, but there's the issue of all the plastic trim pieces around the interior that are light grey. Thankfully the dash and center console (radio and HVAC controls, shifter, cupholders, and storage compartment) are already black. I would need to replace the glove compartment, the door trim, and the molding in the rear area, in addition to reupholstering the rear seat, carpeting the floor, and replacing the fabric in the ceiling. The two front seats would probably get swapped for aftermarket bucket seats of some sort.

I was hoping that someone on here had done a similar project and could give me a rough estimate on the cost to save me from running around town trying to get prices. From what I've seen so far on prices for some of the smaller interior upgrades it may run more than I'm willing to spend right now. Granted most of that stuff has been billet trim accents or carbon fibre appearance upgrades so it probably isn't a very good indicator of the price for what I'm looking to do.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Seabee
2nd Gear Member

i found a junkyard 3 hrs north of me that had a totalled out car with less then 3000 miles on it, took out the whole interior and they have already made there money on the car. they told me i have my choice of leather or cloth seats, the whole interior in black for $400. and the seats are with the frames. so now, im looking for 400 so i can get the leather. but he said he actually had 2 interiors for $400 so they can just get rid of them.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:09 PM
cartel
2nd Gear Member

MJB I feel you on this.....Ive been wanting to change my interior color from Parchment to Black,,,all the plastic's and leather
Old 04-23-2008, 02:33 PM
mjb_

I have Monday and Tuesday off next week so I'll be doing some research into what kind of price to expect for doing this, I'll update then. Will the interior from an 05 or 06 fit in an 07? I've never been inside anything other than the 07 and 08.

cartel: What rims are those? They look exactly like mine, but I know there are quite a few companies with slight variations.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:40 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

there is paint in a spraycan specifically for plastic interior parts. I am not positive but I think Duplicolor makes it. I wouldn't do a whole interior with it, but if it's just a few parts, I would try it. Find it at any auto store.

Leather seat skins are about $300
Old 04-23-2008, 08:04 PM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

You need something like this.
Interior upgrade and preier trim package,it would look goodon a Vista.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:16 PM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

I can sell you my Rear Seats that are dark charcoal and are completely bolt in...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What would be the cost of redoing the interior of a 2007 Coupe