Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Vert Hard Tonneau Cover?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 10:20 PM
brendend
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Vert Hard Tonneau Cover?

there are a few companys that make 2 piece covers that look amazing, cover up the back seats tho, and they say theyll fit in the trunk no problem.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:28 AM
mhconley
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FyouGitive

ORIGINAL: mhconley

I really, really, really (really, really) like the looks of the Ford hard tonneau.

[... ]

Unfortunately, it is not storable anywhere in the car with the top up. If it was I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I use my soft boot about 50% of the time. Takes about 2 minutes to put on and 30 seconds to take off. Still, a lot of the time I don't bother with it, especially if I'm going to be making a lot of stops.

Martin

Martin
I'm with Martin on the really really (really!), the Unfortunately, and the don't bother,
BUT, I don't think what's in that picure is a "tonneau" cover. In my language it should
cover the back seats, too, to be a tonneau cover.

I've seen one, but not recently, advertised in one of the T&A&M magazines
(T**s and A** and Mus****). Seems to me it was two-piece and said to
fit in the trunk. I thought it didn't look that good in the pictures, something
about the way it accommodated the backseat headrests. Might look better
in person and in matte black, too.
Technically the 3D Carbon / Ford Accessories hard "tonneau" is a hard boot and not a real tonneau. I'm not a fan of the hard tonneaus that cover the back seat - nevercared forthem on the early 60's Thunderbird Roadster's either. I do think the 61-63 T-bird was one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

Martin
Old 04-26-2008, 10:01 AM
my06shaker
2nd Gear Member

It's been out for a couple of years. What amazes me is how the price can vary from distributor to distributor. Might be good for show but likely not a reasonable piece for everyday use. Might likely end up as one of those expensive mods thatbecomesa workshop Rafter dust catcher.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:55 PM
Markjen1

Default "tonneau cover"

Originally Posted by FyouGitive
I'm with Martin on the really really (really!), the Unfortunately, and the don't bother,
BUT, I don't think what's in that picure is a "tonneau" cover. In my language it should
cover the back seats, too, to be a tonneau cover.

I've seen one, but not recently, advertised in one of the T&A&M magazines
(T**s and A** and Mus****). Seems to me it was two-piece and said to
fit in the trunk. I thought it didn't look that good in the pictures, something
about the way it accommodated the backseat headrests. Might look better
in person and in matte black, too.
I agree on the definition---always looking for one that covers the back and pass seat like an old Morgan...but I've been looking at a Cervini two piece. My worry is that the rear view mirror vision sucks now, and it looks like any tonneau out there would make it worse. Anyone have any experience with the two piece ones?
Old 01-11-2014, 08:34 PM
SteveDwsn
1st Gear Member

That boot cover looks great. Too bad it isn't stowable. As many times as my top goes down and up when it isn't cold, it would be a pain.

Just to do something different, I bought a piece of vinyl to make a real tonneau cover over the back seats, but it got cold before I could get to that project. Hurry up Spring!

Hopefully, the new convertible will have a soft top that works like the BMW 3-series. The apron behind the top lifts up and the top hides underneath it when the top is down. Or, do you think they are going to have a hard convertible top on the '15 Mustang. I haven't seen or heard anything about the convertible.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:17 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

When I ordered my '06 GT 'vert, I ordered the cover. Mine also has never been out of the bag. Actually, the top on the S197s almost look like a tonneau.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:18 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mhconley
Technically the 3D Carbon / Ford Accessories hard "tonneau" is a hard boot and not a real tonneau. I'm not a fan of the hard tonneaus that cover the back seat - nevercared forthem on the early 60's Thunderbird Roadster's either. I do think the 61-63 T-bird was one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

Martin
Drool!