Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

older gt or newer v6?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:55 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: older gt or newer v6?

special grill, fog lamps, spoiler, larger front sway, rear sway, tri bar fender badges, & side stripe.

i think thats everything.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Silver Vert 06
2nd Gear Member

The Pony Package comes with a different grill that has fog lights, a rear stabilizer bar, tri bar pony emblems for the front fenders, and 17" Bullit wheels with Pirelli PZero Nero tires. I say go with the 2005+ V6. I have an 06 convertable and I am very pleased with it. I have an aftermarket dual exhaust system, a cold air intake, and a tune. The exhaust, cold air intake, and tune cost me somewhere between $900-$1000 (I installed everything myself)and made a huge difference in power. With exhaust, cold air intake, and a tune the 05+ V6s are puttingout ~200 rwhpand are running 14s in the 1/4 mile. Head over to the 2005+ v6 section on this site. There is a ton of info over there.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:58 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

pony package gets:

old school fogs light setup...smaller than the gts....tcs (traction control) unless this isnt on them anymore it was in o6 and is on mine....spoiler (06 gets gt spoiler)newer ones get the flush mount...(pony package began in 2006 not offerd in 05) my color dash lights, front rear sway bars, slightly smaller than the gt, (it is also my understanding that the following are slightly smaller on the v6 than the gt, but slightly bigger than on the standard 6...feel free to correct me if im wrong) struts, and control arms.....mine had an upgraded interior, dash/leather, and think that is about it....anyone else feel free to chime in....

when i got mine i didnt see many on the roads, and i still really dont although i see more than i have in the past, but still not a lot.....it was a good deal for the price as i figures suspension would probably be my last mod.... i also think they still get the bullit style wheels, although i kept my rims i went chrome instead of the standard, in addition they come will pirellis on all four corners ......
Old 04-29-2008, 12:48 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

My vote for the 2v 8 cyc, but if ur going w/ the 6. just get one w/ leather and change the front bumber and rear bumber and slap on a dual exhuast. Then I think it would be worth it.

I hate the one tip exhuast, and the front bumber just plan ungly. O and a nice wheel/tire package would make it just as nice if not nicer looking then a stock gt.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:23 AM
blackmustangv6
1st Gear Member

I bought my 05 V6 over an 04 GT. They were sitting on the lot next to each other with almost the same sticker price. I love the sound of a V8, but the new body style is amazing. I don't regret my decision at all! Go the the newer V6, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:00 AM
SixShooter

Believe me, the 4.0 v6 with the right exhaust sound AWESOME!!!
Not like a V8 but still pretty damn good, I often have people ask
if its a V8 just because of my exhaust; one time a cop pulled me over
just to ask if it was a 6 or 8 and tell me how good the exhaust sounded
then told me about his 05 V6.........anyways, do what it is that will please
you the most in the long run, I know how it is to be in college and be short
on dinero. But just to give you another idea of what your exhaust could
sound like here's a clip of mine! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn7KTGOG7yw
Dual Flowmaster American Thunders (axle back kit for S197 GT) & Custom H-Pipe.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:29 AM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

damn, there's a lot of pansies in here. a V6 over a GT? seriously... wow.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:39 AM
TechJunky

I have to support the V6 decision as well. I've come close many times to trading mine in for a SN95 GT, but I've always determined that I'm happier with my 07. I would love a GT, but I definitely prefer the body style of the current model, and even more so (and the larger determining factor), the interior is ten times better. I can't get it out of my head that the last generation interior was essentially unchanged since 1994, and since that's where I'd be spending most of my time, I'd rather have a modern, updated interior. My car may not be as quick as a GT, but I don't expect it to be. It's still a lot of fun and quicker than most cars out there, and I've never felt short on power to get up to speed or pass a car or anything. You'll be a lot better off with a newer car with lower mileage as well.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:49 AM
abrush
3rd Gear Member

Well, if it were up to me I would go with the GT. I have owned a total of three, (2) 2000 GT's and a 2002 GT, one of which I still own alongside my 2005 GT. Although I prefer the newer body style I still love the 2000. You can't beat the sound of the 2V motor. I have quite a few mods on it and it really moves. I was originally going to sell it when I bought my 2005 but decided I didn't want to part with it so I now have both. They are great cars. I never had any troubles with them other than the normal maintanence. It is all going to depend on how they were cared for and driven.

One other thing, the V6 mustang loses value a lot faster than the GT. My first mustang was a V6 and I lost my butt on it when I sold it.