Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had a little fun with a "sleeper" on I-16

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 07:52 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Default Had a little fun with a "sleeper" on I-16

I was on the interstate and another "GT" pulled beside me....It was fairly late at night and there wasn't a car to be seen. of course, it was a two lane,same direction interstate...so, the "GT" pulled up beside me and honked his horn...i slowed down and he shouted out his window if i wanted to roll from 20mph on a 70 mph interstate. i said sure and we got to 20mph and i honked the horn 3 times and we were off....my 4:10's pulled real strong, but he was catching up quickly. too quickly....by the "redline of 3rd gear" he pulled past me and i just let off........we turned off of an exit and pulled into a gas station. he had a "greyish" colored GT with the same wheel and exterior and interior as mine.....we swaped stories for a sec and then he lifted the hood and there sat a 5.4L supercharged GT500 motor...this guy bought the gt500 from a dealer and had it completely changed to "appear" as a stock GT.. i mean everything:wheels, hood, interior, spoiler, exterior fascia,badges,and the car was stripeless!!!the only thing that was left stock was the motor and tranny and all that couldn't be seen(undercarriage).....he swaped seats, i mean this was the craziest **** i have ever seen.....he told me that he had all the cosmetic cobra stuff in his work shop......i asked him why he did this to a 50k car and he said he loves to surprise GT owners...well, he did.....he also said he has a set of drag radials and wheels for when he goes to the track, so i asked if i could buy his stock cobra wheels.....he said i could have them and i followed him to his house,which we ended up living only 20 miles apart, and there "eerything was".everyhing done to the interior seats......he pointed to where the wheels were and i was impressed at the "never used" condition everything was in....i put the wheels in my trunk and inside my car, drank a beer, and left..........the only stipulation was for me not to say anything...****, free wheels will shut me up
Old 04-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Default RE: Had a little fun with a "sleeper" on I-16

haha nice

it think it may have been cheaper for his to shove a gt500 tranny and engine in a gt than buy a GT500 and downgrade eveything else... lemme get my calculator

also, would it be out of line if i wanted to know how much he wants for the seats?
Old 04-29-2008, 08:02 AM
cavediver
3rd Gear Member

I guess those "free wheels" didn't "shut you up" for too long did they
Old 04-29-2008, 08:04 AM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

I have a "greyish" GT, can I get his exterior parts?[8D]
Old 04-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

Nice, was it a nice big house, showing that maybe he had lots of money to spend?or was he just a car guy who loves to work onhis cars? Either way you got some free wheels, congrats
Old 04-29-2008, 08:06 AM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

maybe it's just me, but that has to be the dumbest thing i've heard in quite a while. not to bash your story 1morepart - it was a good one, and congrats on picking up some sweet new shoes - but that clown must have one helluva complex. i'm all for sleepers, but who the hell buys a gt500 only to turn it into a gt? to each his/her own, i suppose
Old 04-29-2008, 08:17 AM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

omggg.. thats nutts.. congrats!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:18 AM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

Would've been cheaper for him to buy a used GT and throw a 5.4L in there... but great story, nonetheless.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:24 AM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

I willpull the B.S. flag and say show me the wheels with your name in the pic. [8D]
Old 04-29-2008, 09:26 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

pic with my name in it? consider it done! this was no bs.....this dude had a very nice house and loved mustangs......about his "parts", i will have to ask....he probably doesn't want them....i thought about asking for the seats myself, but i am not too greedy.....yeah, i ran my mouth when i was asked not too, but i had to share this with my internet buds......i love the cobra wheels. i am ordering tires for them today!!!!!!! as to why he did that to his car, i have no f'in idea.....remember, i live in south georgia and street racing is everything...pink slips and lots of money....the only thing that you have to disclose is nitrous, everything else is fair game....

Quick Reply: Had a little fun with a "sleeper" on I-16