Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decisions..Decisions....'05 GT Vert or Used C5 Corvette??

Old 04-22-2005, 03:55 PM
Mustangdude75

Default RE: Decisions..Decisions....'05 GT Vert or Used C5 Corvette??

Dude why are you even in the 05 Gt forum if all you are going to do is push GM. Are you interested in a 05 Gt or buying one ???
Old 04-22-2005, 04:41 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

AWWW the poor 05 guys are getting upset. If you must know I am here because I work on an NMRA car (for all you noobs that means National Mustang Racers Assn.) so I must know a thing or two about Stangs, originally I came to learn alittle about the cars I was working with but I stayed for the fun, and to help out some of the people I met and I must say I meet some cool people on this site (although not in this section). Why would I be intimidated by an 05? I have an 11 sec daily driver, so far I have not seen one 05 that can even come close to me. The guy was asking for opinions and I gave mine, if you don't like it you can get a spoon and eat my ***.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:54 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Go with the vette if you can afford it. Everyone is gonna have a mustang after they're out for a while longer, and not too many people ever get the chance to get a vette. I love mustangs, but I'd love a vette too, because they're fast and look awesome.

Plus, I think the vette KILLS the 05 GT lookswise-- I'm stickin with my 00 until hopefully they come out with a better bodystyle.

let us know what you decide.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:31 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: JD1969

... if you don't like it you can get a spoon and eat my ***.
[sm=lame.gif]

Probably likes the GTO, too...
Old 04-22-2005, 07:59 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Actually if you guys read the post, I said I am ANTI-vette, but givin the choice it's what I would take, and no I don't like the new GTO. Why do you guys get so up tight when sombody chooses not to worship at the alter of the 05 Stang? I have said in other posts that I think it is a cool car but it is not the end all be all (neither is the LS1).
Old 04-22-2005, 08:28 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Why do you guys get so up tight ...
Hmmm... who's up tight? I'm not up tight. I'm not the one that said, "if you don't like it you can get a spoon and eat my ***." I only say that when I'm up tight. hehe

And one more thing... the 05 Mustang is too the end all be all!!! So there! What do you think of that? [sm=closed.gif]
Old 04-22-2005, 09:20 PM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

AWWW the poor 05 guys are getting upset. If you must know I am here because I work on an NMRA car (for all you noobs that means National Mustang Racers Assn.) so I must know a thing or two about Stangs, originally I came to learn alittle about the cars I was working with but I stayed for the fun, and to help out some of the people I met and I must say I meet some cool people on this site (although not in this section). Why would I be intimidated by an 05? I have an 11 sec daily driver, so far I have not seen one 05 that can even come close to me. The guy was asking for opinions and I gave mine, if you don't like it you can get a spoon and eat my ***.
JD, your sig says 12.53. Which is your 11 sec street car, the one in your sig or you have anotherone?
Old 04-22-2005, 09:56 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

I have three other cars but the time in my sig is on motor, the car has a 75 hp shot on it as well, I have run 11.89 @ 115.7. That was spraying it in 2nd 3rd and 4th gear, right now I don't have a window switch so I am laying off the spray till I put one in.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:59 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: don_w

Why do you guys get so up tight ...
Hmmm... who's up tight? I'm not up tight. I'm not the one that said, "if you don't like it you can get a spoon and eat my ***." I only say that when I'm up tight. hehe

And one more thing... the 05 Mustang is too the end all be all!!! So there! What do you think of that? [sm=closed.gif]
This from a guy who does'nt even own the car yet My comment about the spoon was made because you guys got all upset over my OPINION. The point is the guy asked for peoples opinions and I gave mine, I was in no way dissing the 05 in my original reply, just stating what I would do and why.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:01 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

This from a guy who does'nt even own the car yet My comment about the spoon was made because you guys got all upset over my OPINION. The point is the guy asked for peoples opinions and I gave mine, I was in no way dissing the 05 in my original reply, just stating what I would do and why.
First of all, I do own the car (paperwork is all signed and done)... just haven't received it yet (was supposed to be in today... no luck... bummer).

Secondly, do you not recognize sarcasm? You're entitled to your opinion... I was just commenting on your sophomoric line about the spoon. Comments like that tend to discredit an otherwise valid opinion.

Now, I didn't ever give my "opinion" on the original question. If (and this is a BIG if) I were going to buy a GM performance car, it would be a Corvette. But, definitely not a late model. Like most performance cars, their prime was in the late 60's/early 70's. They may not have been as powerful as some recent cars, but they looked a helluva lot better and still had serious get-up-and-go. I would love to have a 68-70 Vette (but only after I get my 69 Mach 1)... but it would mainly be an investment and a toy. For my daily driver and my personal link to the by-gone days of the muscle/pony car performance and styling.... it's the 05 Mustang. Nothing else is even close. Again, just one man's opinion. Let the flaming begin!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Decisions..Decisions....'05 GT Vert or Used C5 Corvette??