Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford workmanship at its best???

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 07:28 PM
RiceRocketToMustang

Default RE: Ford workmanship at its best???

ORIGINAL: F1Fan

Hi Lost,

I'm not up in the bay area I'm in L.A. but I've been trying to find a car in stock that's a 5spd, premium with IUP. They are hard to find and everyone down here is saying there are no more to be had in '05. They want to take my money for an '06 in Oct/Nov and I need a car now. Anywho thanks for the heads up on these guys. Believe it or not they have a used Windveil Blue premium coupe with 5spd and every option on the list except the automatic trans, 3K miles and they want $29,900.00 for it! I'm finding that if you can find a NEW GT here in L.A. you can buy them at many dealerships for sticker. I told the guy that and he said up there they are getting $5K over for new cars and that this was a good deal. I said c'ya. Funny thing is he keeps calling me back trying to get me to buy the car for $29K This is more than I can buy a NEW car down in L.A. for! It's a funny world in car sales!

Heck, 05 GT's are null in LA, huh? I always pictured LA swarming with plastic Barbie dolls driving 05 GT convertibles (j/k). I'm in the bay area and was thinking about heading to LA to open it up. Best if I don't stop at any stop lights in LA or it will be Gone In 60 Seconds...[:-]

I too got my GT from Ali Jay in Hayward at a good price. Beforehand, I stopped at Hilltop Ford, checked out a GT, sat down and the saleman came over with his offer of $38,500 before tax, etc.. I stood up and said, "Wait, I need to see if I walked into a BMW dealer and not a Ford dealer." He then started drawing nonsense on his price sheet and I told him he might as well be using crayons, 'cause I didn't like what I was seeing. I laughed and walked out. The saleman continued to call me for four days and he couldn't understand that I work from the dealer invoice up and not down from their inflated sticker price. I didn't care if the car is popular. I told him I had $dineirão$ burning to get in his pocket. Otherwise, Cya! I stuck to my guns and got what I wanted--and then some.

I got my GT back after the gas tank and 1000 radio replacements yesterday and noticed that the work order states "walkaround inspection performed' but I never seen anyone doing the walkaround at the least with me. I always check briefly when I pick it up for damages, but you always trust them..but not anymore after seeing these posts. -- It's thorough checks from now on. -- I did tell the service department to not park my car so close to others cars in their lot like I noticed the first time I went there for service. I did notice that when they tested the first radio, they didn't reconnect the antenna and I could only get 2 radio stations until my new radio came in. I called the service manager and told him I hope they do a better job of reconnecting connections especially if brake work is performed. I think when Ford starts asking $30k+ for a car, they really need to improve on their workmanship.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:44 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Ford workmanship at its best???

The best thing about living in California is you have so many Dealerships to choose from. If you're up north you can come to LA, buy a Mustang and drive it home, no re-licensing. Hard to register out-of-state cars, ya know.
I would recommend you call Galpin Ford in North Hills (San Fernando Valley) and ask for my salesman, Brad Holland. He can take you to their offsite lot with over 2000 Fords. That's where they unload the Mustangs. If you are ready to buy, you'll have to tke what they got, but they had more Mustang GTs than anybody! And over 70 V-6s.
They treated me very good- free drinks, food at the coffeeshop while i waited. Good prep on the car, full tank of gas, and a real desire to have me for a repeat customer. All I did was say I wanted to buy a GT for sticker price. And that's what I paid! No waiting for 4 months!

[IMG]local://upfiles/15212/FF34CBDED5BE4F57B530E9FD14525B2C.jpg[/IMG]