Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So i got stingers...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 01:27 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Default RE: So i got stingers...

go with a pro chamber or a o/r x IMO the o/r h and stock mid pipe with the stingers isnt very intimidating by any means. was not impressed by them at all with any set up really.

you can callme the borla hater though....im not a fan of hype unless it can be backed up. Jus my 2 cents.

go find a few other stang owners with diff set ups and rev ya car up beside theres and bet you will be even more unimpressed then you are already...
Old 05-09-2008, 09:22 AM
xtremesaleen
2nd Gear Member

yeah there was a local car show over the weekend and i should have asked to hear what the 05+ guys were running....

I dont mind LOUD i actually want that hehe

Im on the highway for at least 15 minutes and WOT a few times every day ; )

The drone really doesnt bother me in the least every mustang (with exhaust setup) ive been in has had it so i expect it, its part of the experience!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:30 AM
mandoq
3rd Gear Member

get the corsas! the best exhuast for the s197!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:52 AM
abrush
3rd Gear Member

When you say your not impressed with it I know what you mean. About a year ago I bought Borla's for my 2000 GT because of the reputation. I had actually never heard them in person but was told good things. Well when I went to pick them up the guy had a brand new 2007 GT that he had just put Borla exhaust on. He asked me if I had heard them yet and I said no so he started it up and reved the engine a bit. I remember standing there thinking, "Did I just spend this much money for an exhaust set up that is that mellow!?" However, I installed them on the 2000 and man what a difference!! You just can't get that great 2V sound from the newer GT's. I wouldn't even have thought it was the same exhaust if I didn't know. Regardless, I went a different route on my 2005 GT.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:53 PM
StangAddiction

ORIGINAL: TOMBSTANG

go with a pro chamber or a o/r x IMO the o/r h and stock mid pipe with the stingers isnt very intimidating by any means. was not impressed by them at all with any set up really.

you can callme the borla hater though....im not a fan of hype unless it can be backed up. Jus my 2 cents.

go find a few other stang owners with diff set ups and rev ya car up beside theres and bet you will be even more unimpressed then you are already...

O/R "x" ???The X pipe make the car sound like rice. Try comparing them on Youtube or even Brenspeed and see the difference. If anyone wants to compare the X against my H pipe, I will rev it next to theirs and see which has a deeper sound. Thats why buddy is buying the H for his Mach1 and trashing his X. I was going to get the prochamber because the sound was nice, but as soon as I found out it was cheap standard steel and not stainless I decided against it.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:27 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StangAddiction

ORIGINAL: TOMBSTANG

O/R "x" ???The X pipe make the car sound like rice. Try comparing them on Youtube or even Brenspeed and see the difference. If anyone wants to compare the X against my H pipe, I will rev it next to theirs and see which has a deeper sound. Thats why buddy is buying the H for his Mach1 and trashing his X. I was going to get the prochamber because the sound was nice, but as soon as I found out it was cheap standard steel and not stainless I decided against it.
to me they both sound bad but I have heared both side by side and I take the x anyday the H isnt even loud. You can barely tell its even a o/r set up.

as far as deeper sound goes, the borlas arent deep in anyway on these rides. Only way peopel say they are deep is if they havent heared the macs in person, thats dep, the borlas arent even close.

Nice to see some people actually noticing the Borlas arent the great hype as most make them.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:53 PM
xtremesaleen
2nd Gear Member

on my husbands 02 he ran a bassani o/r x and borla stingers,which wasnt bad... figuring the motors are the "same" i thought id get a decent sound from step one being just the stingers.... im just going to have to do the whole thing.

I guess im just a 5.0 girl at heart... theres nothing like that sound... *sigh*
Old 05-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Agleon
2nd Gear Member

I thought the same as you, until I added my H pipe and WOW! It sounds hawt