Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sharpie

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 01:10 AM
chp2150
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Sharpie

I use lots of 99% Isopropyl Alcohol in my line of work. I takes of felt tip marker ink very quickly. Just go to your favorite drug store and get the 95% alcohol. Standard rubbing alcohol has too much water in it. Take a rag, dampen it and gently rub it off. I use it for cleaning electonics contacts and removing the stickey stuff from labels. Goo Gone is good, however it leaves a oily residue that we then remove with alcohol.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:23 AM
uluafishing

The fastest and least invasive way to remove permanent marker from any hard surface is to mark over it with a dry erase pen (the one you write on "white boards" with), then just erase the mark...trust me it works everytime...
Old 05-10-2008, 06:12 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SaddleUp

Maybe lightly rubbing it with a fingernail polish remover pad?
NO NO NO NO, It will mess your dash up don't do it!!!!!! Use WD40 or alcohol. Damn man, I hope he didn't do what you suggested. It is acetone and will melt the freaking plastic!!!

ACETONE + PLASTIC AND PAINTED SURFACES = DISASTER!!!!
Old 05-10-2008, 09:05 AM
PCstang05
2nd Gear Member

No worries, I didn't try anything yet. I think I am going to start with some rubbing alcohol and see if that works. Someone also suggested one of those magic erasers. If the rubbing alcohol doesn't seem to work, I may try that. I will try it today when I wash her up. We have drag races right across the street from me at the local airport here. Not sure if I'm going to race her yet or not. I will at least take it over and enjoy the nice weather.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: uluafishing

The fastest and least invasive way to remove permanent marker from any hard surface is to mark over it with a dry erase pen (the one you write on "white boards" with), then just erase the mark...trust me it works everytime...
Very true. Not sure if it's on the hard surface or not.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:30 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BeeStang

NO NO NO NO, It will mess your dash up don't do it!!!!!! Use WD40 or alcohol. Damn man, I hope he didn't do what you suggested. It is acetone and will melt the freaking plastic!!!

Good grief.....I made a simple suggestion. I didn't tell him to saturate the damn dash with it. Yes I am very aware the ACETONE will MELT PLASTIC..........but only after soaking it with the nail polish remover. You may note that I suggested "lightly rubbing" with a small fingernail polish remover pad!!!!!!!!!!!!

And hell no I am not a man............I am a female. It's no wonder there aren't many females that actually contribute to this forum.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:04 PM
EMichael
3rd Gear Member

did carroll shelby break into your car?
Old 05-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BeeStang

Good grief.....I made a simple suggestion. I didn't tell him to saturate the damn dash with it. Yes I am very aware the ACETONE will MELT PLASTIC..........but only after soaking it with the nail polish remover. You may note that I suggested "lightly rubbing" with a small fingernail polish remover pad!!!!!!!!!!!!

And hell no I am not a man............I am a female. It's no wonder there aren't many females that actually contribute to this forum.
I hear ya! I have got into it with two ******** on this board already.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:34 PM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

not many females have the desire to go online and talk about cars, for one.

no offense, but it's obviously a male territory - might want to be prepared to deal with it sometimes.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:59 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: Kara
I hear ya! I have got into it with two ******** on this board already.
[/quote]

YOU???!!!![&:][&:][&:]

The young sweet little KARA? That can't be!
Who are those two[:@]? Tell me.

I'll go cut their b@lls off and hang them on their rear bumper!

Quick Reply: Sharpie