Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaking and Mold and Your Health! Lawsuit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 09:07 PM
rasguedo

Default Leaking and Mold and Your Health! Lawsuit?

Hello,

I started the "serious leaking/electrical issues" thread. To all those that are smelling mildew and mold, I had some bad allergic reactions to mine before it was fixed (leak supposedly fixed/ carpet replaced05 Mustang GT 15000 miles). Now it is leaking again and the smell is coming back. I did not make the correlation until the smell started and my sinuses/ headaches began again. What are the chances those with the leaking issue will join me in a class action lawsuit against FORD? Not only is the leaking bad for the car, its resale value, andpotential safety issues with the junction box but it is also harmful to your health. If you smell mildew there is mold. Next is a tidbit about what mold can do to you.

Many molds can cause health effects. Molds produce allergens, irritants and, sometimes, toxins that may cause adverse reactions in humans. A reaction to mold depends on how much a person is exposed to, the age of the person and the person’s sensitivities or allergies. The same amount of mold may cause health effects in one person, but not in another.
Exposure to mold can cause a variety of symptoms. Sensitive people who have touched or inhaled mold or mold spores may have allergic reactions such as a runny nose, sneezing, nasal congestion, watery eyes, skin rash and itching (dermatitis). Molds can trigger asthma attacks in people who are allergic to molds, causing wheezing, chest tightness and shortness of breath. A disease like pneumonia may also develop after exposure to mold, but this is uncommon. People have died from exposure to mold.[:-]

Infectious diseases from molds can occur in people with weakened immune systems, such as those who are immune-compromised or immune-suppressed from drug treatment. Some types of mold are known to cause infections in immune-compromised people. Such infections can affect the skin, eyes, lungs or other organs. These are considered opportunistic infections that usually do not affect healthy people.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:22 PM
cdawg
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Leaking and Mold and Your Health! Lawsuit?

I don't have the leak issue, but "mold" could be the magic word to get Ford to fix this issue permanently, whether out of warranty or not. A car that makes you sick? Think there wouldn't be some media exposure for that? Big companies are hard to fight though.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:29 PM
rmssch89
2nd Gear Member

If you can get the media to start talking about the "mold" issue that might actually cause Ford to do something. Just don't start something that will end up giving our cars a bad rap.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Shelby2809
1st Gear Member

How many miles does your Mustang have? And how many times has it been in the shop for the same problem?

More than three times in the shop for the same issue or something that cause cause health issues or death are two of the three things that mandate a Lemon Law. Check your supplimental manual for extra info.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:45 PM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

I can't believe they have let it go on this long, I hate bean counters.
This issue a long with the spark plug design flaw, noisey rear end and all of the other silly crap has cause me to think this will be my last Ford ever.
I have had 5 Fords and all of them except this one have turned out to be a piece of junk.
I have not had any issues with this one other then the bad design flaws, but it is also young.
Ford needs to wake up and fix this problem once and for all a long with the spark plug issue.
Come on Ford why do we have to have a leaky car that breaks spark plugs at 10k miles?
Old 05-12-2008, 09:54 PM
rasguedo

ORIGINAL: Shelby2809

How many miles does your Mustang have? And how many times has it been in the shop for the same problem?

More than three times in the shop for the same issue or something that cause cause health issues or death are two of the three things that mandate a Lemon Law. Check your supplimental manual for extra info.
1500 Miles. Bought it when they first came out, so its considered a 2005. 3 times for the same fix.. going on 4 now. When I first noticed the problem according to the BBB I was outside of the Lemon Law in my state. I may have noticeditearlier if Idrove it more as you can see 1500 mi. foran05 is nothing.It is my main driver I just dont havea far away job. I realize the hard part about my issue is proving the health problems are correlated to the vehicle. However if this gets the right people to notice the problem and its various consequences maybe we can get it fixed. For the record, I love my car! Without this problem it would be perfect.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:02 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

Wouldn't replacing the carpet and padding eliminate it? Where else could the mold be? It's not like a house where it can be in the wall or under the floor boards and difficult to get to. Seems to me that in a car, it would be pretty easy to eliminate.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:05 PM
rasguedo

ORIGINAL: richmod

Wouldn't replacing the carpet and padding eliminate it? Where else could the mold be? It's not like a house where it can be in the wall or under the floor boards and difficult to get to. Seems to me that in a car, it would be pretty easy to eliminate.
Mold can grow anywhere there is a moist environment. In the doors, dashboard... etc...all of these places are pretty difficult to get to. Furthermore who wants to replace the carpet everytime you get a leak.. Some of us are on 3+ times at the dealership for a leak that seems to not be able to be fixed on the first try.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:09 PM
pat123
3rd Gear Member

This does not sound right.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmssch89

If you can get the media to start talking about the "mold" issue that might actually cause Ford to do something. Just don't start something that will end up giving our cars a bad rap.
These cars already have a bad rep. I love my mustang but this political crap sickens me. Who the hell wants to protect the mustang name just so stupid s h ! t like this keeps getting overlooked?

My car is in the shop for the second time for this and it only has 840 miles on it.

I'm with you Rasguedo, whatever we got to do, sign petitions, picket...whatever. I'm in. The stang is a great american icon, not one we all want to know as leaky and sqeaky.

Quick Reply: Leaking and Mold and Your Health! Lawsuit?