Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not techincal... But I think it should be said.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 01:16 AM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

Default RE: Not techincal... and I don't care.

ORIGINAL: DarkFireGT

Why do non-technical threads keep getting moved or deleted?

wait what!? why do non-technical threads get moved out of the tech section? ....hmmmmmgood question...

[&:]

Old 05-16-2008, 01:26 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Now I understand both ends of the story....yours and ours. This IS a tech forum and all the mods were instructed to try to keep it a TECH forum. I personally feel that this section (that I obviously moderate in) is an O.T. S197 section and as long as the fights and internet pissing matches keep to a minimum I could not possibly move all the O.T. threads in this section to the appropriate sections as the S197 section would be obsolete!(or extremely small). I love my S197 just as much as the next guy and the little power I have has definitely NOT gone to either of my heads. I appreciate the fact you come to this section for most of your forum needs and if anyone read the forum stickies as often as they post in the wrong sections this would not even be a problem. I am a member of many other mustang forums and know some of the owners and the other forums I troll on are very tech related unlike this S197 section. I understand this section for many is like home and family with many relationships formed as a result. I too have many friends who are members on this site from all over the country. What I do not appreciate is the disrespect that you are showing by posting this thread on the open S197 forum instead of coming to any of the moderators in this section or any other section for that matter and presented your problem via PM/email (i.e. deleted thread or moved thread with/without a tracer). This is the reason you are lashing out and personally if you are a mod on another forum you should know this could have been handled differently and in a much better way than calling out the section moderators for the S197 section. Yes- this thread will get moved or deleted but not for a few days so the other members can read what is going on and respond to what we have to say in response to your thread. That being said I hope you don't decide to leave the forum but should you decide to I am sure you will be missed by those you have forged friendships with already on this forum. [sm=rant.gif] J - S197 section moderator

Instead of answering my post in an earlier post, the entire thread was deleted. So I'll pose my question here.

Why do non-technical threads keep getting moved or deleted? It seems we have a few over-zealous mods here. This section is dedicated to the S197 community. I love Mustangs, but as you can tell, I'm a S197 nut. And for that, I generally only come to the S197 section. I don't browse the Photo section or OT section much, because I usually want to see S197 related things. 80% of threads in the S197 section are not technical, but remain. Yet quite a few threads get moved and deleted arbitrarily, because someone is in a bad mood and feels like exercising their E-Peen. If it's related to S197s, it should be left in the S197 area if that's where the original poster intended it to be. We have separate S197 V6 and V8 technical forums. If I want to post pictures of my S197's in this section, that's where they should say. If someone wants to talk about what they like about their S197, it should stay here. I'm the mod of another prominent board of the Mustang community, and we would never do that. It's really making me consider leaving the site. There's tons of people on here, which I really like. But when I make a post, or am trying to watch a thread, it's very annoying to come back and find it missing. And when ever any opposition to the moderation on the board comes up, the thread suddenly disappears without a trace... as this one most likely will.

This is my plea to the mods. Leave S197 related threads where the original poster intended them, so long as they comply with the MF TOS. This is the main section, and the place where people come for S197 related talk and tech. Don't take the talk out.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:42 AM
MirandaRae
2nd Gear Member

I can agree with the OP.. at least when we talk about our cars here there is a sense of maturity going into most posts. I absolutly hate when stuff gets moved to the OT section and gets over run by idiotic teenagers spewing nonsense. The attitude between this and the OT section is compleatly different.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:58 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

I agree with the op in a way and then dont in a way.

I am a webmaster and own about a dozen websites and there is always room for improvement.

onlythingI can recomend is making a photo section for each body style wich stays in there section. I am here for 2005-and up stangs and I dont ever wander anywhere else and Did not even know about the photo section untill somebody linked me to it and it seems that they dont get very many hits there compared to what they would in there proper section. I love picture post but people also go over kill sometimes with "hey look at my rims" and they are the same DD bullitts that 76,000 other forum members have and then a stock stang. But everbody is proud of there cars and excited about modding so its understandable.

I myself am amature/semi prophotographer who takes pretty sweet pics I must say (I do get tons of pms whenI post pics for screen savers etc)find it kind of dissapointing when I take pride in shooting and want to share with my fellow s197 MF and the rest in general but mainly the s197'ers and it gets moved to the pic section where it ends up getting 200 hits then moved down the line cause all of the other yrs of cars pics been posted. originally when I started on this forum I posted 2 threads with some pics I took and they ended up getting over 2000 hits and 7 plus pages of feed back and disscusion wich was great and the reason whyI took the pics in the first place to show fellow s197 owners what a sexy beast they really own can look like with some creative photography.

Thats my 2 cents but I think that can and will help with some of the crying about post been moved, I only really notice the pic post been moved anyway.

p.s go look at my blog now dammitt http://mustangmugshots.blogspot.com/
Old 05-16-2008, 03:51 AM
MustangFan45
2nd Gear Member

This site is awesome! But, It has a lot of sections. I hate having to go back and forth. So, I just come to the tech section. But, I understand what ya'll are saying.

[IMG]local://upfiles/90468/910BAC5B69A449A39526D6BD378CA9C8.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-16-2008, 05:10 AM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jrhykushi

come to think of it, i actually understand what the OP is trying to say.
for example, i get happy (yep, i get excited, in anticipation to see everyone's beautiful rides) when theres a "NEW PICS" thread in the s197 section, but i'd probably get annoyed looking in the photo section, as i couldn't care less about looking at guys' fox bodies.
no offense, but i think fox bodies are pretty damn ugly [X(]
+1000

I posted pictures after my first wash and wax in probably a year. Showing how good it looked. It got moved, guess how many responses it got in the picture forum? None. Figure that out. I posted pictures where the car could be mostly appreciated in the s197 forums and it gets moved. For the people who say its not a tech so it shouldn't be here. SKIP OVER IT. Don't read it then. If you are going to do it to one person. Do it to all of them. I got 2 post on my thread and it got moved. I've seen photo threads have 2-3 pages and still here.IMO if its s197 related. It should be here
Old 05-16-2008, 05:47 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MirandaRae

I can agree with the OP.. at least when we talk about our cars here there is a sense of maturity going into most posts. I absolutly hate when stuff gets moved to the OT section and gets over run by idiotic teenagers spewing nonsense. The attitude between this and the OT section is compleatly different.
+1000 We want our own picture section, AND an OT section. That would be cool.
People here want to talk to people HERE!
Old 05-16-2008, 06:27 AM
ckone0814
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

i let the pics threads go for until they are a couple pages deep or a few days old. We created the photo forum for this sole purpose. So if someone wants to go look at sweet rides, there is a section just for them.....

If you can tell me why ranting about gas prices or how bitching becuase you got speeding ticket is related to tech i would also like to know......These are clearly OT
I know mods have atough enough job as it is but if you feel this way, and the forum rules support it, then be a hard-a$$es and enforce away. Everytime you allow a photo, speeding ticket, gas price thread in a Tech forum you encourage it for others and it just keeps rolling...

I wouldgladly oblige and go to whatever section I need to view/discuss appropriate topics -I really don't care. I beta big majorityof membersfeel the same way. After a few weeks everyone will be on board.

Also, maybeOT sections for each generation would help?
Old 05-16-2008, 07:15 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

While it might be a convenience for some to have separate picture subsections within each Mustang 'generation' section, I can see where they'd be nightmares to moderate. For example, would a S197 picture sectionbe rigidly restricted to S197's only? Permit other year Mustangs or other make cars from S197 contributors?

I happen to agree with the idea of keeping topics in this section related to something that you're doing to an S197 that specifically requires that the car be an S197. There are subsections for powertrain, chassis, and appearance tech already, which leaves the main section as a "catch-all" for things you're doing to an S197that doesn't fit into any of those. Anything that does not require the car involved to be a S197 is more general in nature and there may actually be some benefit to be had from exposing it to a wider audience. Not everybody with a Fox-body or a Classic is the stereotype owner of those models.

But if a picture subsection was to be added I think it would also make some sense to merge the V6 and V8 chassis/suspension subsections and probably the two appearance subsections as well. IMO there isn't enough technical difference between the two Mustang models to warrant keeping these as separate subsections. Just keep the engine tech separate because the details there are different.

Norm
Old 05-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

blah blah i dont ilke rules blah blah

This is my plea to the mods. Leave S197 related threads where the original poster intended them, so long as they comply with the MF TOS. This is the main section, and the place where people come for S197 related talk and tech. Don't take the talk out.
this is exactly what we do

perhaps you should read The Rules again. especially number 4

and technically, this should be moved too, but you all need to see it

oh, and about the pictures posting: if you can find a good excuse (ie, "ive installed new mods", not "look, i washed my car") then it will prbably stay here, as long as it isnt only pictures (describe your modifications)

Quick Reply: Not techincal... But I think it should be said.