Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not techincal... But I think it should be said.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 03:19 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Not techincal... and I don't care.

ORIGINAL: Joolander

what i want to know is, why does the s197 section feel it needs to be treated differently than the rest of the forums?

none of the other sections get their own special discussion or photo areas
Well, it's because our cars are so much better looking!
Especially more than anything since 1971!
Old 05-17-2008, 05:52 AM
richmod
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VanGTCS

This is the only forum that I ever read here. I certainly mean no disrespect to anyone - mods or other Mustang owners, but I really don't care about SN95's or fox bodies or the owners of those models of Mustang. I like reading about everything S197, tech related or not. I like seeing pictures posted of other peoples S197's and don't care about SN95 or fox body pics. When "general discussion" threads get moved somewhere else, I never end up seeing them again which is kind of sad but understandable now that I understand the purpose of this forum better.

Kind of hard to explain really, but there must be some here that feel like me. I don't care about some SN95 owner talking about getting a speeding ticket, yet I'll read the same thread about an S197 owner. I don't care about seeing a picture of a newly washed fox body, but love seeing peoples polished S197's. At least in this forum, everything is S197 related (both technical and non-technical) and for me that's great. The other forums I can only assume have a mix of everyone, and that's just too much weeding through things I don't want to see (which is probably exactly what the people pushing for this to be technical only feel).

I just think it's too bad that there's not a place for just us S197 owners to hang out and talk about anything - technical or non-technical. I don't really care if the otherforums have or don't have this, I only care about my fellow S197 owners and interacting with them. Again, I'm not trying to raise anyones hackles or be disrespectful... it's just how I personally feel. Obviously it's your board, not mine, and you set whatever rules you want. You could say that only people with white SN95's are allowed to post onany forum on mustangforums.comand that's just a rule that everyone would have to live with.
This is exactly why having the highest order forum be for each type of Mustang is easier. All subforums below 2005-2008 Mustang woud be only for our cars. Everything would be eaier to find, browse, and moderate. The fox bodies, SN95, etc would all have their own section with subforums. And then maybe one forum for general Mustang discussion.

As you said though, these are just suggestions from an otherwisehappy and grateful MF'er.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:12 AM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

Im reading a lot of the same things. I'm just using my photo thread as an example. It was getting responses when posted here. As soon as it got moved to the photo section. Not 1 response. Our cars are going to get more acculades (sp) here than in other sections. Fox people do not like us. I see it everywhere. So why post where no on cares. s197 people like other s197 cars. My suggestion is atleast can we have a s197 photo section.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:16 AM
ckone0814
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VanGTCS

This is the only forum that I ever read here. I certainly mean no disrespect to anyone - mods or other Mustang owners, but I really don't care about SN95's or fox bodies or the owners of those models of Mustang. I like reading about everything S197, tech related or not. I like seeing pictures posted of other peoples S197's and don't care about SN95 or fox body pics. When "general discussion" threads get moved somewhere else, I never end up seeing them again which is kind of sad but understandable now that I understand the purpose of this forum better.

Kind of hard to explain really, but there must be some here that feel like me. I don't care about some SN95 owner talking about getting a speeding ticket, yet I'll read the same thread about an S197 owner. I don't care about seeing a picture of a newly washed fox body, but love seeing peoples polished S197's. At least in this forum, everything is S197 related (both technical and non-technical) and for me that's great. The other forums I can only assume have a mix of everyone, and that's just too much weeding through things I don't want to see (which is probably exactly what the people pushing for this to be technical only feel).

I just think it's too bad that there's not a place for just us S197 owners to hang out and talk about anything - technical or non-technical. I don't really care if the otherforums have or don't have this, I only care about my fellow S197 owners and interacting with them. Again, I'm not trying to raise anyones hackles or be disrespectful... it's just how I personally feel. Obviously it's your board, not mine, and you set whatever rules you want. You could say that only people with white SN95's are allowed to post onany forum on mustangforums.comand that's just a rule that everyone would have to live with.
+1

I am a casual s197 owner. I love my car and I love to see and read about other people's S197s; from performance to purchase prices. I am very far from technical and I am sure I pi$$ off those who are for posting things here in Tech that are not tech; sorry about that.Understand that there are a lot of S197 owners out here that are not into it as much as some of y'all,like their cars just as much, enjoy reading everything, and occasionally (often?) postdumb questions or comments.

It does seem to me that this site is set up a little strange. Still being a newb, I remember wandering in here and wondering where to go to find info about body color side mirrors. I didn't think that was "Tech" perse. IMHO the parent category should be 2005-2008, then under itAppearance Mods, Performance Mods, Ride Photos, Everything Else, etc.. I don't even think it needs to be divided V6 or V8. OT should be a parent and for things NOT specific to Mustangs (Price of gas, Did you see Britney Spears on the VMAs last night?, whatever). Yes, I know that's re-writing the site. Just my observation and opinion. For me, if there was atech Performance Mods forum I would not go into there as much -unless I wanted to read specifically about people's CAI set-ups, for example,or had a very on-topic question or need.

This a good thread that's generating some interesting discussion, I hope nobody is getting offended, Overall, this site isgreat place to spend some time. The mods do a fantasticjob (members too). Thanks.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:29 AM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Dark -did you read my post? Our ears are open and we are available to everyone! Just follow the rules as stated and pointed out in this thread and enjoy the forum. BAM- IMO it is disrespectful to "call out" mods and ADMIN because you don't like the way things are done and run on the site. Dark clearly stated "non tech....and I don't care!"...He is pissed that his threads got moved and lashed out by posting this crap on an open forum. If no one likes the rules then GTFO! All Dark had to do was send a PM/email (read the rest of my first post on pg 1) to any of us and we are clearly stated at the top of the main S197 section page and we would have found out what was done and why it was done if it concerned him that much. Instead he would rather break a forum rule and post this crap in this section. Believe it or not I like being a mod and am pretty even tempered (for the most part) and that is why I was asked to mod on this site. No we don't get paid and what little power I have on this site really doesn't change who I am and what I try to accomplish on this forum- to enforce the rules that all of us agreed on when we joined the site. BAM -you understand where I am coming from? How does this thread have anything to do with 2005+ mustang tech and it has not been locked so we can get feedback from members that troll or live in this section. We could have easily just deleted it or locked it and just referred Dark to the rules and said Tuff...if you don't like it leave or get banned for not adhering to forum rules. What I do not understand is why everyone thinks they can run it better? and why do some members feel they can just bitch openly to anyone willing to read it and get their way?....
ORIGINAL: DarkFireGT

I will just leave this thread with this. I think it's funny that all these "non-technical" threads get moved, but sponsors can come in and try to sell everyone stuff. And on top of that, constantly bump their threads. I don't have a problem with sponsors being in here. But that's definitely not tech related.

I give. The mods obviously have their ears closed.
I do not feel like this shouldn't have been posted. I think it needed to be done in the open. The title and tact used was wrong, and I do apologize for that. I'm not always the best in getting my point across. But I'm obviously not the only one that feels the main S197 area should be talk as well as tech.

I never said I could run it better, but again, I am a mod on another site and do just fine with that over there. I feel I can bring this out into the open because it's a public forum, and happy members are what keeps it going. If a member has an idea that can improve the board, it should be heard.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:21 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: DarkFireGT

I do not feel like this shouldn't have been posted. I think it needed to be done in the open. The title and tact used was wrong, and I do apologize for that. I'm not always the best in getting my point across. But I'm obviously not the only one that feels the main S197 area should be talk as well as tech.

I never said I could run it better, but again, I am a mod on another site and do just fine with that over there. I feel I can bring this out into the open because it's a public forum, and happy members are what keeps it going. If a member has an idea that can improve the board, it should be heard.
I dont mind wanting to discuss this at all. But we have a section to post these exact suggestions also.

https://mustangforums.com/forumid_6/tt.htm

I go here daily and then if needed alert ADMIN and other mods about the issues and its discussed, fixed, etc. I encourage all of you if you want something to post it there as that is the proper place for it and it will get looked at i assure you.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:56 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

As soon as the next Mustang platform comes out in 2012, threads like these won't even happen.
This section is very populated not only because it's aboutthe latest Mustang, but because there isn't another muscle ponycar yet.
When Camaros and Challengers are out, we will lose a bunch of members to those, and it's fine by me.
It prolly be easier to run this section then...

True hardcore Mustang fans aren't as plentyfull as we think and I rather interact with them anyway (not directed at you Darkfire).

I avoid all the threads about "I'm thinking about selling the Stang because they can't fix the water leak" or "this car is a joke, no trunk button" etc...
It's a $25K car, live with this. You want better? Save your Pennies even longerand buy your dream car. Or GTFO.

It bugs me that a lot of S197 owners want special treatment, especially those that don't know sh#t about Mustangs. (Again, this lastcoment is not directed at the OP)
It gives us the bad reputation that we have, because of that.

I personally don't care about the MustangLOOK from 71 to 04, few exceptions.
They're not ugly, just not as sexy as the first and lastGeneration.
Because of that, I'm not looking down or having a negative attitudetowards people that own a fox body, for exemple.

We have to quit being pr#cks towards other Mustang fans first, and maybe the Mods will feel the need toorganize this section accordingly.

I'll tell you... Obama ain't got sh#t on me when it comes to speach.
Anyone bored yet??[&:]
Old 05-17-2008, 11:10 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: howarmat

ORIGINAL: 99GTvert

I find it hilarious though when some of you keep posting OT/Streetstrip stuff in Tech sections, forgetting that when you make a thread that does nothing to talk about tech, you bump another thread that actually calls for help off the first page onto the second page....and for what?

Some of you can follow the rules. NICE!

if you go to bed then work the next day and then come back on the board at 7-8 pm the next day, i bet there are 5+ pages before you get back to the last thread you read the night before. And like 99GT points out, the poor guy that posted last night after he got off work at 1 am with a TECH question about brakes is burried by a bunch of threads talking about how they washed they car or how they had to pay $50 bucks for gas today....
Now thats what I am talking about,
bumping good posts off the techpage with non-tech posts.
GRRRRRRR

ORIGINAL: pascal

It bugs me that a lot of S197 owners want special treatment, especially those that don't know sh#t about Mustangs. (Again, this lastcoment is not directed at the OP)
You must have been a carpenter in a previous life because
you hit the nail on the head with that one.

Just muckin it up some more.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:18 AM
VanGTCS
2nd Gear Member

I might not be a true hardcore Mustang fan, but I'm a huge fan of my car and other S197's. If that means I don't have a place on these boards, then I guess that's just my loss. I certainly wouldn't be bitter or angry about it, I simply would miss reading a lot of cool things and interesting stories, some tech, some non-tech.

Without posting pics here in this forum, I wouldn't have ever seen the recent photo's that mygt500 put up a little while ago. Without the Off Topic discussions in this forum, I would have never been able to follow Dorsil'srear-ended thread and I also wouldn't have had a place to post about my first show win last summer.

I'm not a pr*ck towards other Mustang fans. Just the opposite - I find it really cool that they love their Mustangs as much as I love mine.I just am not a fan of their SN95 and Fox's. I'm sure a lot of them are not fans of my S197 and that's perfectly cool by me. When I go to shows, I tend to mingle with First Gen guys. Some don't like the S197's and don't talk to me, but that's fine - I completely understand. Others are like I am and feel that there is more ofa bond between First Gen and S197 than there is between themselves and SN95's and Fox's. I know that when I talk to Fox guys or SN95 guys I really don't find myself having much to say... I'm just not interested in their cars, sorry. That doesn't mean I'm a pr*ck to them though.

I suppose I'm just not good enough at expressing myself to get my own point across in a coherant and concise manner. I think of the S197 group here as a subset of the general membership. I don't want special treatment, or at least I don't look at as special treatment. I just know what I use this one forum (2005-2008 Mustangs) for,even thoughit's obviously the wrong thing. If some sponsor of the board offered 50% off for all Fox body owners, some would think of that as special treatment. I don't think that at all. If the SN95 sub sections allowed larger signatures, again I wouldn't think of that as special treatment. I don't go into those forums, and I don't consider myself a part of those communities. They each get different things that they are happy getting and that's cool by me. The only thing I concern myself about is the S197 group here in this forum.

Here's another way of putting it... I enjoy reading TacoBill's S197 howto's. I'll probably never do 95 percent of them, but I still enjoy them and enjoy seeing what he does to his S197. Maybe there is a TacoFrank in SN95 and a TacoSteve in Fox that posts the exact same things. No offense at all to them, but I'm just not interested in seeing their howto's. The same goes for Dorsil being rear-ended. I enjoyed seeing and participating in that thread, even though it didn't belong in this forum. Maybe there is a guy in SN95 called Pectoral who had the exact same thing happen to him. While I would hope that he is alright and never wish ill on anyone, I'm just not interested in reading or participating in his thread. It just doesn't involve an S197 or an S197 owner so I feel like I have nothing to relate to.

I dunno, maybe that does make me a pr*ck to some people, and if they feel that way I appologize. I just have different likes and dislikes =)
Old 05-17-2008, 11:25 AM
plutnicki
2nd Gear Member

Since this got left open for feedback.

If this were *my* forum (and it isn't), I would rename "Ford Mustang Tech" to
Ford Mustang Years/Models. Leave the membership with similar model cars to chat amongst
themselves and prevent the "xxx model owners are bozos" type posts...

Probably throw a photo section under each year, rather than the open photo section.

That said, I apprecaite the owners/mods, etc.. because I've learned a lot here and frankly,
I have yet to find the "perfect" forum setup anyway...

Quick Reply: Not techincal... But I think it should be said.