Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7L3Z19A361AA VSS Install

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 10:45 AM
kc5mhb
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 7L3Z19A361AA VSS Install

Ok I've looked around and cannot find any info at this time on that extra harness. Also in the owner's manual on the alarm system it talks about the IT-s as being a shock sensor not as an interior motion type system like a microwave or IR detector. Anyway hope this helps and have a happy and safe July 4th.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:50 PM
kc5mhb
2nd Gear Member

Hey mousetankmike, I have the fix for the alarm and more information. Ok take the thing back to the install guy and tell him he did not install it correctly in relation to 1 wire. The A12 wire which is the light green needs to be connected to the passenger side door lock motor pulse wire. I talked to a tech at 1-800-FORD-KEY and he told me that it needs to be a 12V pulsed signal from pushing the lock/unlock on the key fob. This should fix the interior door lock switch alarm deactivation problem. I have not been able to go look at it yet but I will soon. Also the jumper for the door lock sense (jumper 2) needs to be in the positive position. Also you didn't mention if your doors lock automatically when the alarm passively sets. I wired up the two connections for 'Lot' mode so that the locks would automatically secure the vehicleupon exit. Now if you have the door open when the pre-alarm timer starts, they don't automatically lock. This means: key off, exit almost immediately.

I'll post again once I've found the right wire. You could also take the car back to the installer and let them call 1-800-FORD-KEY and have it explained to them. By the way, the tech said he's never heard of an infared sensor in any of their add on modules, just vibration sensors.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:52 AM
mousetankmike

I've got the car back at the dealers, now. They will look into the infrared sensor, (I don't expect anything)and rewire itso when the dooris opened from the inside it does not turn off the alarm.

You know, when the alarm manufacture recomends to take it to the dealer for install, I figured that they would do it right the first time. This is the third time I've been there for the alarm. Kind of wish I took it in to get a Viper installed at a qualified dealer that knows what they are doing.

Hey, thanks for all your help in this. I'll let you know what happens. Mike
Old 07-16-2008, 09:22 PM
kc5mhb
2nd Gear Member

Ok, here"s what I found:

There is a light blue wire that comes off the relay of theSJB to the door motors. It is a "'pulsed" output (pulsed when you press the unlock button onthe RKE key fob) and meets the requirements needed to disarm the alarm from the remote but not from the switch. It can be found in the large bundle just above the passenger footwell and you may have to dig in the wires a little to get to it. Tested mine and it works fine.

I found a diagram that lists the IR detector in the overhead console. Took mine apart and it is not there. Seems it is a factory installed option as there is no harness to even connect one to. The diagram shows the extras as dotted lines on the diagram so that means it might or might not have the parts based on the build specs for that car. Apparently if the premium alarm system with remote start were ordered with the car, it should have the intrusion detector. ( I may be wrong but it appears that way)

When I called 1-800-FORD-KEY the tech told me to take it back to the installer and I told him I did the work.(I"ve got a Associates degree in Digital Electronics and worked 9 years dealing with installs and troubleshooting inside police cars on their equipment) He was a little taken back but gave me the information I needed to get this thing going. Hope the dealer can figure yours out. Pass this information on to themand see if it matches what should be done. I"ve included a diagram showing the relay and the light blue wire going out to the door locks.
Ooops I uploaded one of the images twice. The last one is the one I really wanted you to see.

[IMG]local://upfiles/86510/A7AF920924044149A674279A42446A47.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-17-2008, 02:08 PM
mousetankmike

Tadaaa!! The dealer had their alarm guy come back and find the wire for the door locks. It took him 3 hours to find it and fix the problem. (This is what he does for a living?) He had to call the hot line to get it figured out. Said the same thing you didaboutthe interior infrared motion sensor. The service guy is doing some investigation on what it would take to get it put in. I'm just glad to have the door lock feature done. I have to admit, I've been too hard on the dealer about this. They depend on the subcontractor to know their stuff. I'm guessing they have a stereo/alarm installer who does all kinds of things do the work. Ihave seen some of these guys. They are usually kids in their teens. I have done my share of remote starts, I think 4 or 5 where they say it should take an hour. Yeah, right! Oops, "you need some relays for the doors locks", or "may not work with some vehicles" or in some cases they should say, "Good luck finding this wire." 4 hours later with wrenched neck and aching back, I think to myself, I'm glad I did it myself, but what a pain! Well with a car that's only 3 months old and a price of only $300 including parts, this time I decided to just let them do it.After going in 3 times, getting loaners for the day, driving 20 miles each way, I don't know which was worse.

My brother also worked on police and village radios back in the 70's and 80's. Used to climb the radio towers too.This was in the NW suburbs of Chicago. Motorola stuff. Do they still use Motorola? He's also a very helpful guy on line, such as yourself. He likes old Volvos, though. He usually has a fleet of4 to6 of them that he rebuilds. www.cleanflametrap.com

Thank you for all your help in this.It's well appreciated. Mike
Old 07-17-2008, 09:22 PM
kc5mhb
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mousetankmike

My brother also worked on police and village radios back in the 70's and 80's. Used to climb the radio towers too.This was in the NW suburbs of Chicago. Motorola stuff. Do they still use Motorola? He's also a very helpful guy on line, such as yourself. He likes old Volvos, though. He usually has a fleet of4 to6 of them that he rebuilds. www.cleanflametrap.com
Did the guy say which wire he used? I wanted to know if I truly picked the right one, except it only took me about an hour and a half to figure it out. I just figured that the relay pulsed out to the lock motor which caused it to unlock the door and since it was a pulse and not steady 12V it must be the right one.
About the radio stuff, I worked in the Radio Maintenance department of the Department of Public Safety / State Police in Louisiana. My job went from doing complete wiring installs (300 cars in about 5 months) to programming radios, fixing light bars, sirens... well anything in the car that was electronic. Since I had an extensive background in computers, I worked on them as well, fixing software and hardware issues. They had Panasonic Toughbooks for a while then went to the Motorola laptops which was a major mistake. I think they are back to Panasonic now. Yea the Motorola gear is still in use and we are undergoing the Nextel rebanding right now. I'm glad I don't work there anymore but I still deal with programming radios a little. My job now is a Forensic Examiner for the Louisiana Department of Justice. Its a little more fun and fufilling to know I am helping to protect kids from online predators. I'm into old Mustangs as well, got a 65 and my wife has a 66. Mine belonged to my cousin who died in the Pentagon when the plane hit. I was trying to restore it to original condition so he could see it but I guess now that will never happen.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:54 PM
mousetankmike

No, I didn't get to talk to the tech, just the service guy at the dealership who subs out the work. I'm guessing you did it right by your desription. Sounds like your job is more important now than ever. You are making a contribution to society. My 18 year old daughter is a big fan of the 66 fast back. She is still saving her $ for one. She and I have been rebuilding her 84 Mercedes 190e. Good bonding time! Hey, I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. I'm sure he would have been thrilled to see it re-built.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:43 PM
TheRebel
2nd Gear Member

Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Style Definitions table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:"; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} After reading your thread this is a little late and probably irrelevant since you have the alarm working. But, I did my remote start hook up a while back and have posted where the wires need to go and with a little help from a fellow member, they showed me how to keep the alarm part of it from going off for no reason. Anyways I though you might want to see the wiring stuff for future reference. Here it is: https://mustangforums.com/m_4772632/tm.htmAlso I kind of let my thread go dead but everything worked once I switched to a different secrulok module. 556S (I think) in case you ever want to do a remote start.
[align=left] [/align]