Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7L3Z19A361AA VSS Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 07:38 PM
kc5mhb
2nd Gear Member

Default 7L3Z19A361AA VSS Install

1) Has anyone installed the Ford Vehicle Security System themselves? I was doing the install this weekend and was down to the last wire (Dome Light Output Wire) which was supposed to be connected to a violet/yellow wire under the drivers side dash area. Found the wire and connected but I think its the wrong one due to the fact it has constant 12V all the time except when you manually turn the dome lights on, so I'm pretty sure its not the right wire. I'm thinking maybe there were two wires but I did not find another in that harness. Also, I can't put the alarm into program mode without this wire connected.

2) Does anyone know what Lot Mode is? Saw this in the wiring diagram and could not find any information on it.

Any assistance much appreciated.

2007 Convertible, 4.0 V6, Leather, Shaker 500, Vista Blue.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:18 PM
kc5mhb
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 7L3Z19A361AA VSS Install

I got it figured out. Anyone needhelp on a 07 stang, I can give a few pointers and a site for some good info on the factory install.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:39 PM
mousetankmike

I just had the dealer install the same alarm. I'm having problems with it going off at random. Even in the garage, top and windows are up and sensitivity set low. I'm taking it back tomorrow. Does this alarm have a motion detector? In fact it just went off now. There was no noise, or motion to set it off. The only reason the alarm was set is to keep testing it so I can let the dealer know what happens.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:36 PM
mousetankmike

Ok, I'm seeing a patern. It seems to go off every 30 minutes, on the dot. Weird!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:05 PM
mousetankmike

I had it fixed. They said they had wired it wrong. Do you know anything about the motion sensor? Is it infared? Is it in the dome light? Or is it on the shocks? Does it monitor movement of the car or is there something that would detect movement of something in the car, like an arm coming in the window?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:40 PM
kc5mhb
2nd Gear Member

Sorry it took a little time for me to reply. I spend all day on computers and have little time in the evening to check my mail.

The motion sensor is apparently some sort of vibration type sensor inside the module and not a microwave type sensor. For a convertible that option would be useless when the top is down. It depends upon the add-on features it was installed with. Did they give you different remotes or do you use the same ones that came with your car (the 4 button ones)? I have an installation manual and had a web site link but I cannot find it right now. On the module was a name which I was able to look up and find the company. If you need a program manual, I can send you one via email in acrobat form. Can you tell me which module you had installed? Did they reprogram the lock switches inside the car to not respond after the alarm is set but only respond to the key fob? I haven't figured that one out yet and anyone can just reach in and hit the unlock button which unlocks the car and kills the alarm.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:30 AM
mousetankmike

The alarm company that was subcontracted by the dealer told me thatthey had not heard of any interior motion detector on this model unless ford originaly installed it at the factory. He said they could not put in that feature. What gets me is the discription of the alarm:

Part Number: 7L3Z-19A361-AA

Part Description: Protect your vehicle – and its contents – with a state-of-the-art security system. Alarm gives a warning chirp for non-threatening impacts and a Real Panic Sound® if security is threatened. IT-s® (Interior Theft Sensor) uses infrared technology to protect the vehicle’s contents. Transmitter locks/unlocks doors and deactivates alarm. For vehicles equipped with factory keyless entry. Includes a Lifetime Limited Warranty on parts (contact dealer for details). Dealer installation recommended. NOTE: Vehicles equipped with a security system may be eligible for insurance discounts in some states/provinces.

Where is the infrared tech.? Other guys on this forum said that they have this feature and it is a sensor in the map light area. The alarm guy said this is a missprint.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:16 AM
kc5mhb
2nd Gear Member

Let me look. Here is a manual. http://www.gemsen.com/Ford/Pdf/2007-...se_4-19-07.pdf Looks like you may require another harness for the rest of the security features. All I really know about the system is how to put it in and how much of a pain it was to find the right wires. I'm used to the old setups not these new computerized ignition systems. I think the alarm is a PowerCode but I still have not found the web site I went to for the real manual. As soon as I find it, I'll send you the link.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:46 PM
mousetankmike

Hey, thanks for sending the manual. I am sorry I had this thing installed. It doesn't do what the discription says, and now, I'm finding out, like you said, the door switch disarms the alarm. Now, really, what sense does that make with a convertible? Even if I did put the top up every time I locked it up, which would be a real pain, the top could be slit and you could reach in and disarm the alarm! Even on my old 96 Sebring the alarm would go off if the door lock was opened. I'm letting the dealer know what I think of their great idea. They tell you to have the dealer install an alarm to not void any wiring warranty and this is what you get.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:23 AM
kc5mhb
2nd Gear Member

Here is the website for the alarm manufacturer. http://techservices.codesystems.com/ CodeSystems is actually Audiovox and they make systems for a variety of vehicles. I need to call 1-800-FORD-KEY to see about disabling the door lock switches once the system is armed via remote. Create an account at CodeSystems (its free) and find your alarm by vehicle. Its a GEN 2 and the module is a PC 14. If you go under the Manuals tab you can drill down and select 07-08 Car installation and there are also owner manuals there. I'm going to check Alldata and see if the wiring harness shows a sensor in the overhead light area and I'll let you know what I find.

Quick Reply: 7L3Z19A361AA VSS Install