Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It finally arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 07:50 PM
70 Mach

Default RE: It finally arrived!

Just picked her up at Clevenger Ford in Porterville, Ca. This was/is the absolute best car buying experience i have ever had. Turns out "Tex" Clevenger was a professional baseball player in the early 60's and won one world series. He was at the dealership, brought me into his office and showed me the pictures on the wall. He is in seperate pictures with Joe Dimaggio, Billy Martin (who he beaned with a pitch to the face and broke his jaw), Mickey Mantle, etc. Showed me his world series ring too. He autographed a picture for me and posed with me by the new mustang GT. Everyone at the dealership was outstanding. The car itself was more than i expected in looks and in the way it drives. I just could not wipe the grin off my face the whole way home. My wife started crying because she saw that i was so happy. Really. I feel like i'm in a dream and i dont want to wake up. It was worth the wait. Those of you still waiting, i really do hope you get your mustang soon. They have one light blue GT convertible on the lot for 35k. I highly recommend going out of your way to deal with these people. Heading back to the car for a cruise. later
Old 04-26-2005, 07:59 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Congrats!! And Enjoy!

[we probably won't hear from him again for a couple days... hehe]
Old 04-27-2005, 02:02 AM
70 Mach

only put about 130 miles on it but i have to tell you that it is absolutely wonderful. i feel like a kid at Christmas. This may seem weird but the 70 mach is a car that i have been trying to make into the 05 GT. I mean i just realized that i have been plotting and planning and spending to make my 70 what the 05 IS! Power, Performance, Style, Driveability, the 05 has it all. Now, do i keep the 70 and put 15k into it (engine rebuild, AOD trans, paint body work, etc. or sell it and add a Saleen twin screw SC to the o5? When i figure out how to post the pictures, i will do so. thanks. By the way, I feel very blessed!
Old 04-27-2005, 02:07 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

I already offered to buy your Mach 1
Old 04-27-2005, 02:08 AM
Exilenla
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 70 Mach

My wife started crying because she saw that i was so happy. Really. I feel like i'm in a dream and i dont want to wake up. It was worth the wait. .......

This is exactly the reaction i got from my wife when I screached into the driveway the night I picked mine (ours) up...she had the whole family over waitin on me....As I pulledin they had cameras and video cameras etc....was kinda crazy....I keep wanting to nip myself.

I asked My wife the other nite "Afterall its only a mustang....do you think we will ever order a car again and wait months for it????" to which see said "Ye, when ever we get around to getting our Saleen.... " Quality....

Enjoy your ride everyone, and those of you still waiting, I WILL be worth the wait.

Cheers

Brian
Old 04-27-2005, 01:44 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

[X(][:@][sm=boohoo.gif] I can't wait to get mine.........[sm=headbang.gif]
Old 04-27-2005, 03:47 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

Enjoy. I picture you looking like the Joker in Batman. Make sure you use lots of facial cream so your face doesn't stay like that.

As for Don_W, That may have been my engine going back to Ford for a tear down that delayed your car a little. They were calling for my engine back as soon a s the new one arrived at the dealer. I hope my misfortunes help everybody else get a better more reliable product. Until then keep your fingers crossed.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:59 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: td1320

As for Don_W, That may have been my engine going back to Ford for a tear down that delayed your car a little. They were calling for my engine back as soon a s the new one arrived at the dealer. I hope my misfortunes help everybody else get a better more reliable product. Until then keep your fingers crossed.
DAMN YOU!! lol

Seriously, how's that new mill working out? Is it running like a top, now? God... I hope so... otherwise we might need to get you the Suicide Hotline number.