Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where does the side air bag come out of on a conv?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 12:33 AM
EnterTheSwamp

Default Where does the side air bag come out of on a conv?

Just as the topic says, I was wondering where the sideair bags came out of on a convertible mustang?
Old 04-26-2005, 01:51 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Where does the side air bag come out of on a conv?

I've been wondering the same thing about my GT Coupe. In fact, I have asked not only the salesman, but also the service writer. Neither knew.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:56 AM
Exilenla
2nd Gear Member

Dont't they come out the side of the front seats???

I am not supprised to dealer didn't know. After all the Salesmen (plural) at the dealer I used told me the rear windows on my convertible couldn't go up whilst the top was down.....I was told there was NO button to put them up.

I was in such a hurrry to burn rubber out of the place I told them to forget it & I would read the manual the next morning.....I got a call from the puzzled salesman 3 days later asking me if I could fill him in on how they worked....& had I figured it out; as they hadn't yet - even though they had several V6 verts on the floor to mess with all weekend I thought that was funny as hell!

Sorry for goin off on a tangent, but let me know if that is where they do deploy from....

Cheers

Brian
Old 04-26-2005, 11:02 AM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Exilenla

Dont't they come out the side of the front seats???

I am not supprised to dealer didn't know. After all the Salesmen (plural) at the dealer I used told me the rear windows on my convertible couldn't go up whilst the top was down.....I was told there was NO button to put them up.

I was in such a hurrry to burn rubber out of the place I told them to forget it & I would read the manual the next morning.....I got a call from the puzzled salesman 3 days later asking me if I could fill him in on how they worked....& had I figured it out; as they hadn't yet - even though they had several V6 verts on the floor to mess with all weekend I thought that was funny as hell!

Sorry for goin off on a tangent, but let me know if that is where they do deploy from....

Cheers

Brian
Yes that is correct. You will find a small tag that says airbag sewn into the stitching on the side of the front seat back. If you squeeze the seat you can feel the airbag assembly inside of it. It's the same for convertibles too.