Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Male or Female??

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 05:06 PM
stanglife1

Default Male or Female??

I am new here but just wanted to vent.

I have only had my 2005 GT Vert for 2 wks and I very much love her and am proud.

I was at Walmart today (of course at the back of the parking lot to avoid all the travling carts) when I was approached by this man. He came up to the car and said Nice Car, your Boyfriend's??

I responded nicely and said No it belongs to me. He said Oh Uh Uh Nice Car. I thanked him and walked away.

I wanted to tell him...... the dealer never told me you had to be a certain gender to buy the car. And Oh by the way I also like a cold beer when I get off from work.

Anyways just wanted to express Females like cars too!!!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Old 04-26-2005, 05:08 PM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Male or Female??

Is good to see more females driving stangs, I do not think is sexual oriented to any particular gender but it is always good to see a female driving one and knowing that she can drive it.
Welcome aboard and good luck. Lets see some pics.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:10 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Men, what pigs.......uh, wait....I am one I here your frustration, but in the male's defense - where I'm from we just don't see many women driving hi-perf sports cars like a Mustang GT, not to mention enjoying a beer after work as well! I think its cool as h*ll though - you go!!

Old 04-26-2005, 06:09 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stanglife

I have only had my 2005 GT Vert for 2 wks and I very much love her and am proud.

I was at Walmart today (of course at the back of the parking lot to avoid all the travling carts) when I was approached by this man. He came up to the car and said Nice Car, your Boyfriend's??

I responded nicely and said No it belongs to me. He said Oh Uh Uh Nice Car. I thanked him and walked away.

I wanted to tell him...... the dealer never told me you had to be a certain gender to buy the car. And Oh by the way I also like a cold beer when I get off from work.

You go girl. You should have asked him if he wanted to race and then showed him those sequentials. LOL Let me know when mike and ya'll want to cruise. I get mine aligned this thursday at Thurston Spring Service. I might run mine at Dinwiddie this Friday.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:21 PM
Shifty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stanglife

Just because some guy guessed the car wasn't yours doesn't mean you have to go on some feminist rant. Sure some men are ******** but it really isnt a big deal.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:30 PM
KandyMan
2nd Gear Member

i hear ya on that one...everytime me and my gf are out...shes got a sweet modded cavalier...rims, drop, kit 5spd...def turns heads...andywa whenever we go out and they see us near the car...they go hey man sweet ride...i go its not ine...then they ask whose it is...i tell em to read the license plate it reads
AGRLSTOY

then they are like oh...
Old 04-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I'm in St. Louis... I see WAY more females driving Mustangs around here then I do males. Same with Corvettes... unless it's an old vette.. then it is a guy driving. In fact, "IT" was a something I considered when thinking about getting a mustang - "Am I buyind a girls car?". But I'm doing it anyway!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:32 PM
Exilenla
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: badtzmaru

Lets see some pics.

Yeah dont be shy
Old 04-26-2005, 08:35 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

actually theres probobly more women driving stangs than men