Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
V6 Coupe
12.12%
V6 Convertible
6.06%
GT Coupe
65.15%
GT Convertible
16.67%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

What model type do you own or have on order?

Old 04-26-2005, 09:39 PM
Z GT

Default What model type do you own or have on order?

I'm trying to find out what is the model type breakdown by percentage for 2005.
It seems that since you can find V6 Coupes & Convertibles on dealer lots that maybe Ford underestimated the demand for the GT in both Coupe and Convertible.

Please vote with what you own or have on order and I'd welcome any comments as well.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:54 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What model type do you own/have on order?

it's not underestimating demand... it's value... more so it's the value of the engine...

the same engine is used in much higher pricetag vehicles, that bring ford way more money... and of course those engine orders get filled first...

also, if ford would have release a bajillion of them, and everyone could find one, would everyone still want one???

Sorry I didn't vote, but I already have my mustang... and you wanted to know what everyone had on order...

Old 04-26-2005, 09:59 PM
Z GT

ORIGINAL: StupidTodd

Sorry I didn't vote, but I already have my mustang... and you wanted to know what everyone had on order...

I'd still like your vote! The question was meant to mean OWN or have on order.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:00 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

alright I voted...
Old 04-26-2005, 10:02 PM
Z GT

Thanks. I re-worded the Poll Question to try to clarify what I'm trying to ask.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:57 AM
Exilenla
2nd Gear Member

Actually the poll was for what Mustang do you OWN OR HAVE ON ORDER.... I have also been curious of the mix.

Cheers

Brian
Old 04-27-2005, 01:58 AM
Exilenla
2nd Gear Member

OOPS my bad...I should have kept reading before postin with CAPS

Sorry!

Brian

ORIGINAL: Exilenla

Actually the poll was for what Mustang do you OWN OR HAVE ON ORDER.... I have also been curious of the mix.

Cheers

Brian
Old 04-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Ford also has to deal with the Government and the EPA - - "THEY" require that a higher percent of the cars meet the gas milage parameters set forth by the government or they can not sell the cars in the USA. So... Ford is forced to flood the market with V6's to be allowed to produce the V8's.

If I am not mistaken... I believe they are only allowed to produce 25% as V8"s.... Which is one of the drivers to delays to getting a GT because you have to wait for 3 V6's to be produced before Ford anc produce your V8.

Yea... IFI wanted a V6, I could have had my car back January when I started thinking I wanted one. Everywhere I go around here in St. Louis the dealerships have several V6's in stock, sitting on the lot saying "By Me". BUT - just try to find a V8 that isn't a Saleen around here!

The O5 is still pretty thin around here.... Since I ordered mine, I watch for them while driving back and forth. So far I have seen a total of 4 on the road since March 1st.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Z GT

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

Ford also has to deal with the Government and the EPA - - "THEY" require that a higher percent of the cars meet the gas milage parameters set forth by the government or they can not sell the cars in the USA. So... Ford is forced to flood the market with V6's to be allowed to produce the V8's.

If I am not mistaken... I believe they are only allowed to produce 25% as V8"s.... Which is one of the drivers to delays to getting a GT because you have to wait for 3 V6's to be produced before Ford anc produce your V8.
Don't know what the Govt/EPA requirements are, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of difference in MPG. I read the V6 is rated at 19/25 mpg and the V8 rated at 17/25. Even with today's high gas prices that isn't very significant.

If FORD is only allowed to produce 25% as V8's, whose requirement is that?

Old 04-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I actually was told by a dealership that the GTs are in short supply because of the fact that Ford had to produce higher numbers of V6's to comply with CAFE requirements. BUT, I don't always run to the bank with what salespeople tell me Honestly if you read through the CAFE info it doesn't make much sense that Ford would limit the GT production, because as Z GT pointed out the mileage difference is negligible. CAFE requires that certain minimum mileage requirements be met across the entire fleet (subdivided into passenger cars and light trucks).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What model type do you own or have on order?