Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

supercharger help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 09:18 PM
navyboy12807

Default supercharger help?

i have an 08 mustang gt im going to put a supercharger in it im trying to figure out which on im stuck on two right now ford whipple (which hasnt been released yet for the 08) or a kenne bell 2.8 stage 2 or the 2.8 mammoth! any takes on this subject? im lookin for hp gain and the loud whinning that everyone love and i want loud whinning noise? thank for any help or advice or anything at all!
Old 06-04-2008, 09:23 PM
cobraa99
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: supercharger help?

ive had a kenne bell..their very quite..ive heard the whipple...if whine is important, go with whipple
Old 06-04-2008, 09:29 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i like the kenne bells
Old 06-04-2008, 09:45 PM
navyboy12807

which give more power to the wheels? im looking to put 650 to 700 rwhp! i know my top end will handle the power im going to put a short block in im not sure as to which one i want to put in! i have been leaning to convert to a 5.0l, adding a centerforce clutch, wilwood 6 piston brake kit nitto street ets short throw shifter 3.73 gears and few other things to go along! this car will be somewhat a daily driver and i anly putting the car down once and not a couple of times and it will be tuned by joe amato!
Old 06-04-2008, 10:14 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i'm not sure which one would be best
for your application. in fact, you may want
to consider going turbo

Old 06-04-2008, 10:28 PM
navyboy12807

not trying to be rude i hate turbos they lag if any thing goes wrong this is going to be a street car not tryin to race and superchargered apps have been able to go beyond 700 hp! i have nothing against turbos i just wont use one! i had an 01 mustang pushin 938 rwhp but nothing was stock in the car! in tryin to keep the car as stock as possible i dont like the way a turbo works i dont want to wait for the power i want power as soon as i step on it! i dont want to deal with the endless tuning to help prevent turbo lag which is never 100% free of lag! and i like the whinning of a supercharger more than a blow of! if i hurt ur feelings sorry!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:19 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

no hurt feelings...

good luck with your project and keep
us posted on your progress
Old 06-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Ruffnuts
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like you are going the route I am. I have a new block with forged internals, Whipple HO pullied for 18 lbs, billet tensioner system, 8 rib pully, radiator, one piece drive shaft, stage 3+ clutch, fuel issue being worked. This is the minimal we worked out to safely run 650 RWHP (estimateing 620 to 650 range based on what thye have done to similar cars) I chose the whipple for the sound over a KB. A good friend runs a fully built 03 with a KB at 24 lbs of boost and in and out the car under load or just idleing I cant here his blower. You doing the work yourself? if not go with a quality shop and notm just a cheap one. I have spent 16K so far on my build up and with one of the best out there for our cars.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:47 PM
navyboy12807

No im not even thinking about doin the work my self to much computer s**t these days. i cant even tune a car in a video game and thats 1000 times better than real life tuning! I know a guy that ill drop my car off give him money and pick my car up i told him what i have in mind and what i want to be at which is 650 to 700 wrhp with the amount of money i have he said its do able and he can tune i have no doubt in Joe Amato. the parts i thought i would need i need he is going to replace my short block with a new one put the whipple on do some head work throw a set off cams in tune and be with in my goal. and of course gettin a centerforce clutch 3.73 gears hurst short throw nitto street radials already have suspension work done and a full exhaust system and the fuel system is no an issue we r upgrading the supercharger kits fuel system with a better one. with all these part u would be an idiot to go cheap learnt that lesson with my crotch rocket! with all the work thats going to be done its probable goin to be borderline with street legal and NOT. im droppin 20k in one sit in just because i want the car down once not a dozen! stock parts just dont cut it these days! im going there wednesday to go over what parts we r going to order when the work is going to get done. i cant wait to see the faces of the guys driving 80k dollars and up cars gettin spanked by a car that lists for 34k cant wait to take a pic of the faces, thats priceless!!!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 08:19 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

either the KB or whipple will do just fine.
but i would suggest you not base your decision on the whine, i cant hear the whipple at all over my exhaust. but i do like the power it adds.

Quick Reply: supercharger help?