Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

supercharger help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 11:18 AM
navyboy12807

I havent done the build yet talked my self out of touching the motor due to the fact i need my factory warranty! cuz trans is grinding into 3rd gear and from reverse to 1st new trans in the car ( straight from the factory) and did the tsb which wanted to replace the synchros and yet it still grinds but goes into gear! so im only lookin to put around 520rwhp. most of the work being done is in my sig. but after some money delays the project is about to being soon!
Old 11-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

you wont last too long at 520rwhp without blowing the engine... just a heads up
Old 11-29-2008, 02:13 PM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

I've been very interested in the Edelbrock S/C lately...
Old 11-29-2008, 02:38 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
either the KB or whipple will do just fine.
but i would suggest you not base your decision on the whine, i cant hear the whipple at all over my exhaust. but i do like the power it adds.
Couldn't agree more. Also, if you think turbo lag is something terrible you've never ridden in a turbo car, especially with a TT set up it's in by the time you want it/need it anyways. Just my opinion, sounds like you've got some hw to do to be capable of that kind of power your looking at what you paid for your car or more in mods
Old 11-29-2008, 05:48 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by navyboy12807
i have an 08 mustang gt im going to put a supercharger in it im trying to figure out which on im stuck on two right now ford whipple (which hasnt been released yet for the 08) or a kenne bell 2.8 stage 2 or the 2.8 mammoth! any takes on this subject? im lookin for hp gain and the loud whinning that everyone love and i want loud whinning noise? thank for any help or advice or anything at all!
Any choice you will not regret. It basically comes down to the look you want? KB or Whipple? your choice and you can achieve the same HP out of either for the most part and the TB will limit the boost on the Whipple unless you get a Black diamond monoblade to pull in more air 1600CC I believe but thats with 15-16+ psi. Both whine and they both sound great ! The more boost the louder the whine on either..... JMO
Old 12-18-2008, 06:47 PM
navyboy12807

Originally Posted by Hufenstang
you wont last too long at 520rwhp without blowing the engine... just a heads up

Dont mean to be rude or sound like a know it all, but in my case i dont have to worry about that with the tuning and all the other technical stuff i will be fine and if by some very bad luck something did happen and it did blow, if it wasnt my fault, by that i mean running at a lower octane or user error, it gets replaced if its my fault i have to pay if not i dont have to worry a bit! im not havin the local speed shop who hasnt made a name for themselves. i have done my homework on that! its a ford product being put on by a ford rep. everything but the supercharger will be covered under the warranty i have! the stock internals will hold up to 537rwhp with out any issues after that ur starting to skate on thin ice!
Old 12-18-2008, 06:51 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Thw w in whipple stands for whine actually.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:52 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by navyboy12807
Dont mean to be rude or sound like a know it all, but in my case i dont have to worry about that with the tuning and all the other technical stuff i will be fine and if by some very bad luck something did happen and it did blow, if it wasnt my fault, by that i mean running at a lower octane or user error, it gets replaced if its my fault i have to pay if not i dont have to worry a bit! im not havin the local speed shop who hasnt made a name for themselves. i have done my homework on that! its a ford product being put on by a ford rep. everything but the supercharger will be covered under the warranty i have! the stock internals will hold up to 537rwhp with out any issues after that ur starting to skate on thin ice!
Not to sound like a jerk, but good luck with that! It's like playing with a live hand grenade in my opinion.

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
Thw w in whipple stands for whine actually.
Very well put
Old 12-18-2008, 07:14 PM
navyboy12807

[QUOTE=EagleStroker;5763232]Not to sound like a jerk, but good luck with that! It's like playing with a live hand grenade in my opinion.

the people working on my car have been doin this all there life. They always have cars they're working on in there shop that have over 100k in them and they are very good friends of the family. with that and working a ford dealer i have nothing to worry about! And they back there work and produce, but thank u for ur opinion.

Last edited by navyboy12807; 12-18-2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: forgot to type some info
Old 12-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

For 650-700rwhp, you'll be spending $25-30K. When you're spending that much money, the brand of the supercharger takes a back seat. The KB or the whipple will both be fine.

Quick Reply: supercharger help?