Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crimson red upgrade gone for '06?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 01:09 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Crimson red upgrade gone for '06?

Mine is black/ black/ red. I wasn't actually in the market for a new Mustang, but I had seen a few driving around town and thought they looked nice. I decided to stop by a dealership and have a closer look. The dealer I went to had two GT verts and four V6 verts. My eyes fell on the black/ black/ red V6 with exterior appearance package and truly it was love at first sight When I saw the interior with the upgrade package and crimson red, I knew that was the one I had to have. I test drove one of the GT verts (5 speed) and the V6 (auto). I know everyone has different tastes on this, but I prefer the look of the V6 over the GT. I don't like the lips under the bumpers of the GT, and I don't like the wheels. I love the polished V6 wheels with tri-bar spinners (look straight off the early Shelby) and I love the vintage-looking side stripes. It all enhances the retro look. after getting a price on my trade-in and haggling a bit, I was ready to walk out and look for a better deal. They loaned me the car for the evening in the hopes I'd buy it. I wrung it out and was satisfied that the V6 auto had ample performance for my needs (I have my motorcycles for when I want to go really fast, and that just usually gets me in trouble anyway I've had plenty of manuals and I don't like suffering the Dallas rush hour rowing through gears. I took the Stang back the next day and we could not agree on trade-in for my old car, so I walked. They called a couple days later to see if I was still interested. I said I was, but THAT car was already gone. They had some other V6 verts, but by then I was sold on the black/ black/ red. It's been many, many years since I was smitten by a car like this, I couldn't quit thinking about it. I searched "FordDirect" once a day and eventually found an identically equipped one in Arlington. Before I could even drive out there to talk to them it sold. A week or so later I was looking at "FordDirect" again and one appeared at a different Dallas dealership. I went after work and it was also identically equipped. I mean, all 3 of these cars had the EXACT SAME build sheet and same sticker price. I managed to get this dealer to come up on my trade-in and that was that. The car had been on their lot for 3 days. It seems like they don't sit around long! I was able to negotiate all 3 dealers down to sticker price, but could not get them to go below that. One dealer was willing to go sticker on GT verts as well, but the other wouldn't go below sticker +1000 on the GT vert.

Anyway, that's my newbie Stang owner story I really, really love the car so far. I feel like a teenager again, making excuses to go out in the garage so I can have another look at her I'm glad I didn't wait, I would have been bummed if I had held out and missed out on the red interior.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15493/7C55329ABCA94568AB02610428AB53D1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-01-2005, 05:16 AM
chrisc65
2nd Gear Member

My first test drive was in a V6 with the black/black/ red interior. I must say that I got a lot of looks and there is just something about the black that is very cool. But in the end, I went for the crimson red V6 with black side stripes.

[sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 05-01-2005, 03:40 PM
dRiBz
2nd Gear Member

i think im one of the few with Satin Silver with red interior.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Rut Roh

ORIGINAL: dRiBz

i think im one of the few with Satin Silver with red interior.
I ordered a Satin Silver 5sp GT with the red accent pkg, IUP, Side air bags, Active alarm, bullits. Ordered 3/9/05. Still C/U. [:'(]
If it ends up being an '06, i'm going with Tungsten, IUP, Limited slip (if that turns into an option), 18" polished wheels, and black leather (charcoal?) interior (IF red is no longer an option). Would have loved Tungsten with red interior and matching red brakes calipers.

Rut Roh