Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCT cable not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 02:37 AM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

Default SCT cable not working

I now have my second SCT cable that does not work or the SCT xcal does not work. Same error "ERROR - XCAL loopback failure".

Does anyone have any suggestions before I send the whole thing back and order the Predator?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-30-2005, 02:53 AM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SCT cable not working

Well I assume you have it plugged in... so there may just be something wrong with your XCal...

Returning it may be your only option...
Old 04-30-2005, 03:56 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

You've tried two different cables, so that should rule that out. Try it with a different PC. If it still doesn't work, there's only one part left
Old 04-30-2005, 08:09 AM
dusty1
1st Gear Member

Not knowing about the SCT, is it a USB or serial cable? If serial, perhaps the SCT isn't set to the correct serial port you have it hooked up to on your computer?

Just a guess, wish I could be more help.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:12 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

You've tried two different cables, so that should rule that out. Try it with a different PC. If it still doesn't work, there's only one part left

HAHAHA..hawgman.. I love your troubleshooting skillz.. I work for dsl support and would love to tell that to my customers..haha
Old 04-30-2005, 05:52 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Birds of a feather my friend....

I work for a telecom manufacturer ( Nortel ) as a VoIP engineer. Spent several years in ETAS. Just a habit to use the KISS troubleshooting flow chart.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:58 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

Here's the background:

1. It is plugged in.
2. It is in the correct port (COM1)
3. Device Manager set to COM1
4. Tried two computers.
5. Tried different port settings COM1-COM15
6. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with the SCT folks and they couldn't figure it out other than to say that it must be the cable.
7. Mustangtuning didn't know and referred me to SCT.

Any other thoughts?
Old 04-30-2005, 06:02 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Man, I hate to say it, but sounds like time for the warranty shipback to me. Do you have a local performance shop that uses/sells them. Maybe try going there and see if they can get it to work?

If you decide to throw in the towel and go Diablo, I got mine from Concours Direct. Came with the cable and the power supply. Paid 339 and got free overnight shipping.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:38 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

haha.. I used to work at Nortel in Santa Clara, I was working on the bsn5000. edge router with ip services. We had the best in the land.. except for the software .. but nortel management screwed that one up.. I lost so much because of them.. my stocks were at 89 bucks.. I was going to buy a viper for commutiing!!.. but no.. noo..... thats too good for me.. not me... stock had to drop like a rock and I lost it all . Notrel is finised... 3 years now and stocks still at 3-4 bucks!!.. they laid off 1/2 of there people.. 50K . why... why... now I'm just doing the same sheet at sbc.. over and over.. never learnign anything new.. never growing.. never happy. Thats why I want to slap a fat procharger in the stange and do donuts all over the parking lot!!.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 04-30-2005, 09:06 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Well as long as you're not bitter...
Hey I feel your pain. I have options in the 80s. Really holding my breath on those ever being exercised.
You're a little off on them laying off 50%. It's higher than that. In 2000 we had 97k people. Today we have 32K. And they are still cutting back due to outsourcing. To be honest about it, I have gone through so many layoffs that I don't even think about it anymore. Actually, it is to the point that it would nearly be a blessing just for the peace of mind. The last couple of rounds I even volunteered to take a package and got turned down.

Quick Reply: SCT cable not working