Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help...stupid curbs!!!***PICS ADDED***

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 02:23 AM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

Default Need help...stupid curbs!!!***PICS ADDED***

***PICS ADDED BELOW***

My Landlord stopped by the house today to tell me that my "ghetto" wood ramps that I use to get my Stang up the driveway and into the garage had to go! Stupid HOA rules! Anyways, that got me to thinking...I can't be the only person with this problem - my car is to close to the ground to clear the curb in front of my driveway! What solutions have you guys come up with?

I have seen a couple of "curb ramps" online, but they do not make them for curved curbs, like we have here in Vegas. Any suggestions?

[IMG]local://upfiles/92120/81C9750EF2B34738862C2E6724EC9332.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/92120/B1B629CBD41142ABBB2699653E0BC12B.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-20-2008, 02:29 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: Need help...stupid curbs!!!

I have high curbs in my state....MI. Why because of the rain and snow we get over here. But the nice thing is in my old subdivision the curbs were cut out and level (for the most part) so you can get most any car inc mine up into the driveway. Still have to go slow but no worries on my end. Why cant you use the ramps you have and then remove them when you are in or out of the driveway.....?
Old 06-20-2008, 02:52 AM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

I wish my neighborhood would do that...

I tried the whole, "put down - drive over - remove" bit for a few days, but then got too lazy with the 50lb a piece wooden ramps!I'vegot about 2 feet to cover for my front bumper to not rub!It's like after a huge meal, you have a bunch of dirty dishes...and you just let them sit in the sink for a couple of days!

I have seen curb ramps that are made for square curbs, but not the "gulley" style that I have. I think for the time being I will get a hold of some 1/4" steel scraps and have someone cut out some handles in them...unless there are any other suggestions???
Old 06-20-2008, 03:06 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

that would work......make sure they are very wide and is 1/4" sturdy enough to hold the almost 2 ton car!
Old 06-20-2008, 03:09 AM
Red_Stallion
2nd Gear Member

This reminds me of a ridiculous 'incident' I had happen to me.....was trying to get up a high curb and my damn rear wheel came off the ground and for whatever stupid reason the wheel that was on the ground wouldn't get any power. My dick friend in an RX-8 videoed me spinning one wheel in the air.....just totally embarassing.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:13 AM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

My only embarassing moment was when the first of four ramps broke in half...and then my beautiful Mustang was dead in the water until I could get a jack under it and slowly inch backwards off of the curb. It caused some serious road rash to my bumper I might add! That's why I want to go the metal plate route. I know they might be heavier in the long run, depending on the thickness (MyGT500 I have no clue if 1/4" is thick enough -but I will find out via trial, error, and a saved receipt), but I definitely need to try something other than wood at this point!
Old 06-20-2008, 04:34 PM
SikO7GT
2nd Gear Member

put down some cement and call it a day!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Tell the landlord when he fixes the drive you will remove the ramp.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:14 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

airbag suspension... its all the rage now

no but really, cant you adjust the height of that on the fly?

if not, then definately hydrolics
Old 06-20-2008, 06:25 PM
slvrstang2007
2nd Gear Member

This might be obvious and I'm not sure if you tried this, but my stang is pretty low too and if I have to get into a steep driveway I'll hit the curb at an angle, dont come head on with it but point the front tires so you hit it and you're going up sideways (at an angle) then cut back and slowly straighten it out. That's how I deal with steep curbs and what not, not sure if it would work in your situation. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Need help...stupid curbs!!!***PICS ADDED***