Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Mustang Deluxe vs. Premium

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 01:29 AM
learjet35

Default 08 Mustang Deluxe vs. Premium

I'm just about prepared to buy a new 2008 Ford Mustang GT and I'm looking at an 08 GT Deluxe. I'm comparing the specs of a Premium GT to that of the Deluxe GT that I'm looking at and I don't see a whole hell of a lot added in the way of Standard Equipment.... I guess my question is do any of you see anything wrong with going with the Deluxe version instead of the premium. It seems I'm paying alot more $$$$ for not that much extra....especially if I plan on adding what I want to the car after the fact. Your guys' thoughts????
Old 06-25-2008, 01:37 AM
CapitalG
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 08 Mustang Deluxe vs. Premium

I thought there was a version of the GT that got like 30 extra hp but i cant find it maybe thats what the 350GT is .
Old 06-25-2008, 01:47 AM
Kotobuki
3rd Gear Member

The difference in basic packaging (in years previous to 08, by my research, this may have changed but I doubt it) is the Deluxe has cloth interior, and does not have the Shaker sound system. The options seperately are about 50% more than the jump from deluxe to Premium. If you don't want either of those options, or you only want one, it might be worth starting with the Deluxe.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:54 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

First thing I thought was preiminum was leather and shaker system and the deluxe was cloth and "standard radio"....So I agree with Kotobuki!
ORIGINAL: Kotobuki

The difference in basic packaging (in years previous to 08, by my research, this may have changed but I doubt it) is the Deluxe has cloth interior, and does not have the Shaker sound system. The options seperately are about 50% more than the jump from deluxe to Premium. If you don't want either of those options, or you only want one, it might be worth starting with the Deluxe.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:19 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Just my 2 cents.
I would opt for the leather. It seems to make a big difference on the interior of these cars as far as they look. I will probably get flamed for this but just offering up my opinion. Also if you can get the additional interior upgrade (I forget what the option is) that includes aluminum pedals, leather stiched dash, 2 tone interior, among other things, that also seems to make the interior stand out.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:05 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

The leather stitched dash and pedal covers and trim comes with the premier trim pack
Old 06-25-2008, 07:46 AM
pnut
2nd Gear Member

For 2008, Premium:
Leather seats and trim
IUP package (this is new as standard on Premiumsfor '08)
Shaker 500

Deluxe will be the black dash, cloth, and will not have leather steering wheel, aluminum trim, and nicer shifter ****. If you don't care about the leather, aluminum look bits, and upgraded stereo, then get the deluxe, nothing wrong with that.

Also consider resale. I just bought my '07, and the values for Mustangs in cloth and/or without the Interior Upgrade Package (IUP) were much lower. People who buy used want these extra goodies, so keep that in mind too.

Pics of both
Premium (in light gray)

Deluxe (in black)
Old 06-25-2008, 07:55 AM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CapitalG

I thought there was a version of the GT that got like 30 extra hp but i cant find it maybe thats what the 350GT is .

There is no 350GT (or GT350) model. What you're thinking of is the Shelby GT. Then there's also the Bullit.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:56 AM
Ato
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

First thing I thought was premium was leather and shaker system and the deluxe was cloth and "standard radio"....So I agree with Kotobuki!
ORIGINAL: Kotobuki

Yeah that's the only real difference. I was going back and forth on this issue when I bought mine too. I was all set to buy a deluxe, but then the dealer let me take a used GT premium home for the night to help me decide. I liked the look, feel and sound of it much better and the next day I had them find me a 08 premium. Really you have to think of it like this: What is $1800 more added into your payment, $30 more a month for a five year loan? Are you going to like the car even a tiny bit more w/ the leather and sound, say $30 more? Will $30 more a month put the car out of your budget? If so you need to look at another car b/c when gas hits 10 bucks a gallon you will really be hurting.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:03 AM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

you can get leather as an option with a deluxe package. here are some differences ive noticed right away between and owning both
deluxe-plain dash, plain wheel, plain door panels, no trip computer ie info center, no MYCOLOR
things like the stereo, you can get any shaker in any package.

Quick Reply: 08 Mustang Deluxe vs. Premium