Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad hesitation on W.O.T acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Bad hesitation on W.O.T acceleration

"The TCS only wears out your brakes" is what I was told by one mechanic. I start my car and turn it off as standard procedure.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:43 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

People, what is happening is you have that instant spike in revs and your rev limiter is kicking in. It's not the throttleand it's not the TC.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

People, what is happening is you have that instant spike in revs and your rev limiter is kicking in. It's not the throttleand it's not the TC.
Guess the reason I dont have the problem is A. Manual Trans, B. TCS Disabled in Tune, C. RPM Limiter at 7200 rpm.
At any rate my car doesnt doit.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:43 PM
vicmeldrew
1st Gear Member

my car did it and it was the fuel pump - the dealer changed it for me when i told him i almost got killed when passing; they cannot replicate this at the dealership; since then i have not had the problem; so get it changed - read the tsb and tell them that is what is happening; then if it does not happen again you have found the problem; if it does happen then that is one less item to worry about.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:05 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

thats not true at all,it does it before the revs even get close to the limiter,its almost instant,soon as you hit the gas after cruising for a bit.

i have an 07, the TSB does not cover the 07 is what the dealer told me,lol,he wants to get a guy to ride around in my car and diagnose the problem,lol,yeah right. im calling monday to bitch at the service manager for wasting my time. he tried to also blame it on my tuner,just got the tuner a month ago,its been doing it since i bought the car,said he would still fix it for me and let me know how much it was going to cost me,lol.idiots!

i have a 5 speed
its happened to me about 5 times maybe in 6700 miles
happens when i get on it after cruising,not every time,just sometimes

from what ive been told,air pockets build up in the pump, then when you try and go,that pocket gets pushed through the pump and car falls on its face.

if i knew how the techs at the dealership fix it i would just do it my self.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:32 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

with the TSB and the service manual you should be able to do it yourself i would think?
Old 06-29-2008, 04:18 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: one eyed *****

thats not true at all,it does it before the revs even get close to the limiter,its almost instant,soon as you hit the gas after cruising for a bit.

i have an 07, the TSB does not cover the 07 is what the dealer told me,lol,he wants to get a guy to ride around in my car and diagnose the problem,lol,yeah right. im calling monday to bitch at the service manager for wasting my time. he tried to also blame it on my tuner,just got the tuner a month ago,its been doing it since i bought the car,said he would still fix it for me and let me know how much it was going to cost me,lol.idiots!

i have a 5 speed
its happened to me about 5 times maybe in 6700 miles
happens when i get on it after cruising,not every time,just sometimes

from what ive been told,air pockets build up in the pump, then when you try and go,that pocket gets pushed through the pump and car falls on its face.

if i knew how the techs at the dealership fix it i would just do it my self.

The OP said it did it at WOT when the tranny downshifted. That is the time when the rpm's spike and it does indeed bounce off the rev limiter.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:38 PM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

Readmy following post:

https://mustangforums.com/m_5180925/tm.htm

Might be the problem!?!
Old 06-29-2008, 06:30 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

I don't have exactly the same symptoms, but its similar. When I go to pass, I'll bury the gas pedal, the car does nothing for a second or maybe two, THEN it goes WOT. There is such a delay, its annoying. The car has done it stock, when I had the FRPP Pro Cal tune, and now with my SCT tune. I told my tuner, he said, "thats funny, I've heard where its something with the transmisson, where its ready to go, but the engine isn't"...ok... Yeah... To me, its a delay where the TB doesn't recognize the WOT signal right away. Reminds me of the "pedal pressure" setting on EFI Live programming for GM LS equipped cars. I was wondering if this could be "tuned out" with the SCT? My tuner said he's "looking into it". Hmmmm....
Old 06-29-2008, 08:04 PM
DADZRYD
1st Gear Member

Has nothing to do with traction control because it has happened to me with and without it on...It also has nothing to do with bouncing off the REV limiter as one had suggested...To the OP, I posted a response in a similar thread a few days ago...This same thing is happening to me and it only happens after an extended cruise at highway speeds...I also have an 06 5-speed, not the AUTO...Here is the post https://mustangforums.com/m_5210558/...tm.htm#5212054

Quick Reply: Bad hesitation on W.O.T acceleration