Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad hesitation on W.O.T acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 09:27 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Bad hesitation on W.O.T acceleration

ORIGINAL: DADZRYD

Has nothing to do with traction control because it has happened to me with and without it on...It also has nothing to do with bouncing off the REV limiter as one had suggested...To the OP, I posted a response in a similar thread a few days ago...This same thing is happening to me and it only happens after an extended cruise at highway speeds...I also have an 06 5-speed, not the AUTO...Here is the post https://mustangforums.com/m_5210558/...tm.htm#5212054

YES, it does hit the rev limiter DAGNABIT! I do it frequently. If you don't have an auto, shut the frak up~
Old 06-29-2008, 11:01 PM
DADZRYD
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

Has nothing to do with traction control because it has happened to me with and without it on...It also has nothing to do with bouncing off the REV limiter as one had suggested...To the OP, I posted a response in a similar thread a few days ago...This same thing is happening to me and it only happens after an extended cruise at highway speeds...I also have an 06 5-speed, not the AUTO...Here is the post https://mustangforums.com/m_5210558/...tm.htm#5212054

YES, it does hit the rev limiter DAGNABIT! I do it frequently. If you don't have an auto, shut the frak up~
Real mature...GidyupGo, if you have a problem with me, PM instead of telling me to "shut the frak up"...The OP says nothing about reving it to the 6200+ rev limiter...It appears others with autos, including the 5-speeds, have this same issue and NONE have said it was from bouncing off the rev limiter...I don't want to argue with you, it appears you are GOD with your 3000 posts...I'm a laid back guy who has the same issue, whether it be a 5 speed or an auto and others have noted the same...
Old 06-30-2008, 06:48 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: DADZRYD

Then don't call me out saying my idea has no merit. It cracks me up when guys throw the first mudball, then cry because they got hit in the retaliation. The condition that the OP provided is exactly what happens when the auto tranny downshifts at WOT to pass someone. The momentary spike in rpms redlines the engine. It's not rocket science.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:01 AM
DADZRYD
1st Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

Then don't call me out saying my idea has no merit. It cracks me up when guys throw the first mudball, then cry because they got hit in the retaliation. The condition that the OP provided is exactly what happens when the auto tranny downshifts at WOT to pass someone. The momentary spike in rpms redlines the engine. It's not rocket science.

Let me get this right...So your saying that he is bouncing off the rev limiter by flooring it when passing someone in an auto...I think AUTO's are meant to shift right before they hit that magic redline number so you DON'T bounce off the redline...I have owned many auto's and never had one bounce off the rev limiter because it shifts just prior to doing so...And i'm not crying, I said PM if you are gonna tell me to shut the frak up...
Old 06-30-2008, 11:16 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

[quote]ORIGINAL: DADZRYD

Let me get this right...So your saying that he is bouncing off the rev limiter by flooring it when passing someone in an auto...I think AUTO's are meant to shift right before they hit that magic redline number so you DON'T bounce off the redline...I have owned many auto's and never had one bounce off the rev limiter because it shifts just prior to doing so...And i'm not crying, I said PM if you are gonna tell me to shut the frak up...
i have the same issue with my GT with 5-speed. unfortunatley all this CRAP you are sending back and forth to each other is a waste of my time to read and I'm looking for someone who has/had the problem to respond with ACTUAL USEFUL INFO instead of your BULL**** back and forth.....
Old 06-30-2008, 11:36 AM
DADZRYD
1st Gear Member

Never mind, you have already had the TSB done on the fuel pump...
Old 06-30-2008, 12:02 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Yes, it will go redline on a down shift going WOT. The tranny will jump from 5th gear, into 3rd. This engine is so torqey, that it goes beyond where it should before shifting. During an aggresive pass, it will bounce the rev limiter. It partially depends on where you are in the torque range when you go WOT. If it was up in the rpm band, it will breifly redline and cause the studder. There have been other threads on this exact issue in the past on here. I don't want to fight, but I will defend my ideas when I know they are correct.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:03 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: wilkinda

i have the same issue with my GT with 5-speed. unfortunatley all this CRAP you are sending back and forth to each other is a waste of my time to read and I'm looking for someone who has/had the problem to respond with ACTUAL USEFUL INFO instead of your BULL**** back and forth.....

I hope I answered your questions.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:04 PM
MikeD916
1st Gear Member

Ok so this just happened to me for the first time. I have a 5 speed manual. Was driving down the highway at normal speeds and getting off the highway. Whenexiting the offrampI saw the light turning red ahead so I sped up a little to beat the light and as I was swerving left (was completely in 3rd grear with foot off the clutch)I received a huge jolt as the car hesitated. I mean it felt like the transmission dropped out of the car. Scared the crap out of me.

Just wanted to provide some of my own experience.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

The few times (3 or 4, I think) I had it happen with my manual, the engine did NOT rev up when I downshifted and tried to go WOT. It just did nothing for an instant and then slowly wound up. I've tried to duplicate it on many occasions but w/ the TCS off. Perhaps I'll see if I can get it to happen with the TCS on. I'm still putting my $$ on the fuel pump issue.

Quick Reply: Bad hesitation on W.O.T acceleration