Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turbo parts are here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 10:26 AM
rad_rob
3rd Gear Member

Its coming along great! Cant wait to see it all finished.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:34 PM
magden auto

One Eyed... Can you send me some info on your oil pressure sending unit? I want to see if we can read that signal and just display to LCD screens.

Second, did you relocate the factory Intake Air Temp sensor or did the turbo supplier give you another one to install? The reason I ask that is because I think the factory one is actually still in the Mass Air Flow Sensor. We are working on just connecting wires back to that sensor so you can see Intake Air Temp at the Mass Air Flow sensor and compare it to the new sensor located downstream. This is crucial data to have to see temp increases as you raise boost.

I look forward to your answers and if anyone else is looking for help on getting data from stuff that is already there...
Old 09-03-2008, 09:00 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by magden auto
One Eyed... Can you send me some info on your oil pressure sending unit? I want to see if we can read that signal and just display to LCD screens.

Second, did you relocate the factory Intake Air Temp sensor or did the turbo supplier give you another one to install? The reason I ask that is because I think the factory one is actually still in the Mass Air Flow Sensor. We are working on just connecting wires back to that sensor so you can see Intake Air Temp at the Mass Air Flow sensor and compare it to the new sensor located downstream. This is crucial data to have to see temp increases as you raise boost.

I look forward to your answers and if anyone else is looking for help on getting data from stuff that is already there...
im using the aeroforce sender, hich is actually a GM part, they sent it to me in the original GM wrapper with GM part number. i can get you the part number. im using the air temp sensor built into the MAF for now. i could possibly get another one and do a seperate one later on down the road.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:55 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

You have a GM part on you car Ewwwwwwwwwww

I used a lightning IAT sensor for mine, but they should all work the same.

I am no expert, but are you reading 2 different temps for your ambient temp and IAT?

I can see both on mine, but I am not sure where the ambient temp is read for the ECM, it might be in the MAF as well.

During cruise I see a 3-7 degree difference in ambient to IAT, and at WOT I can see the IAT rise fast.

I mostly monitor it to make sure my intercooler system is working properly.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:16 PM
magden auto

Well, that makes three spots to look at Air Temperatures.
1. Ambient
2. Intake at or near the filter (Mass Air Flow location)
3. Downstream of the supercharger /turbocharger, after the intercooler, or as close to the combustion chamber as possible.

The main point here is data acquisition. I think 2 and 3 are good enough to perform proper tuning.

Yeah, we did some tests of sensors and see that there are differences between manufacturers. You have to be careful since some of these sensor designs have been out since the cars came out (GM MAP Sensor) and now they are made by aftermarket parts suppliers from other countries... We were going to be compatible with the GM MAP sensor from Grand Nationals, turbo Trans-AMs, but the sensors we sourced were not accurate. Once we finish all our testing, we are putting the recommended sensors on our website. Monitoring accurate boost pressure is really important too, since your mapping relies on it.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:37 PM
JoshyGT
3rd Gear Member

this is exciting!
Old 09-07-2008, 09:58 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

i took everything off the car to go to the drag strip on thursday with the other forum members.i wanted to get a base run in before the turbo. today while it was off i welded up the piping for the wastegate. then put everything back on the car. It only takes about 1.5 hours to put it all back on with removing the front bumper and putting the intercooler back on, the wastegate didnt line up to well once i got it all back together so i ordered a piece stainless flex coupler so the dumptube will be a little more flexible. im waiting now for the piping i need to finish the downpipe, and the flex coupler i just ordered. all the piping from the turbo to the intercooler is done and the BOV is installed. Im having a little problem with the pipe that comes from the intercooler to the intake. i cant find anything that really has the right measurements that i need. once the downpipe and dumptube are done,its getting its final welding and then off to get hot coated,then im going to wrap the upper pipes that are in the engine bay to help with heat.maybe by then i will have the inlet pipe figured out and ready. I also got the air filter on today as well with a little help from the ricer pep boys section, they had a 4" elbow that worked perfect.ill take more pics tomorrow.

i know the welds look terrible now,but its just to tack it all together and make sure all the angles are figured out. ill be taking all the pipes over to my uncles soon who has a much better welder and get all the welds cleaned up and looking purdy.

Last edited by one eyed willy; 02-10-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:52 PM
ryanralston07
3rd Gear Member

Gah I can't wait to see the finished product!
Old 09-14-2008, 04:12 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

update from todays work:

finally have all the exhaust pipes tacked together except the wastegate dumptube. i really need to find something flexable,the flexable coupler i got originally did not work,it was too big and didnt clear the balancer.so i will look around and see what i can find,other than that and getting an exhaust hanger for support,the exhaust is ready for welding and coating. thats really about all i got done today,took alot longer than i thought but turned out great,could not be happier with the way things went together (other than that damn wastegate tube).its like a maze of pipes under there.

Last edited by one eyed willy; 02-10-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:31 PM
rmssch89
2nd Gear Member

Looking great!

Quick Reply: turbo parts are here!