Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me get into a mustang GT please (update)...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 01:52 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Help me get into a mustang GT please...

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

Who cares what the back seats look like. It's still an UGLY car and NOT in the same league as a Mustang GT.
It has a better interior and has a higher practicality. If anything the Mustang GT isnt in the same league as it considering that... What are you talking about?

What I was saying was a response to what some one else was saying, clearly if you dont even know who cares about something I was putting out there then you need more skill at following dialogue lol

Wow dude.

Anyway Its an amazing choice for a new family, and the VW gets great ratings from many sources and all that. Its the only fast car Ive heard of that still gets nice mpg
Old 06-30-2008, 03:08 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Buy it.
Unlock it.
Pull the door handle to open the door.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:35 PM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Legion5

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

Who cares what the back seats look like. It's still an UGLY car and NOT in the same league as a Mustang GT.
It has a better interior and has a higher practicality. If anything the Mustang GT isnt in the same league as it considering that... What are you talking about?

What I was saying was a response to what some one else was saying, clearly if you dont even know who cares about something I was putting out there then you need more skill at following dialogue lol

Wow dude.

Anyway Its an amazing choice for a new family, and the VW gets great ratings from many sources and all that. Its the only fast car Ive heard of that still gets nice mpg
A jetta is not a practical replacement for a mustang. The features that draw people toward mustangs are completely different than the features that draw people toward jettas.

Also, WVs are chick cars.

At a glance, I thought you were making a great point with the audi and jetta reference. I then right clicked on the one I suspected to be the Audi (because the seat looked much more comfortable), fully expecting it to be the Jetta (proving you right) I was disappointed to see that the picture that looked blatantly obviously to be the Audi, in fact, was the Audi.

I'd also like to note that every mainstream luxury car has a mainstream "base" car from the parent company that is almost identical. It is much more practical, as it saves the company money to reuse a chassis.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:50 PM
plutnicki
2nd Gear Member

I guess to have an opinion, I'd have to know what "money is tight" means.

How secure is your job?
How much are you saving for retirement?
How much are you saving for college?
How much extra is in your budget each month?

Those are the questions I'd be asking myself if I were in your shoes. That said, given that you're probably going
to buy one anyway (anyone who is asking this kind of question, probably has already answered it and is hoping a
bunch of mustang nuts will fuel the fire) I would buy new given you're going to keep it for a long while. 0%
financing eases the pain a bit and there are deep discounts available now...

And don't come back here after you buy it, because once this place gets in your system and the mod bug hits,
well... Money will be tighter to say the least...
Old 06-30-2008, 06:43 PM
EnragedCoconut

ORIGINAL: 157db

Buy it.
Unlock it.
Pull the door handle to open the door.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

carsdirect.com for a new 08, or buy a used 06.....
Old 06-30-2008, 07:07 PM
vack75
3rd Gear Member

Wait it out, and get what you want! It'll be worth it.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:24 AM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

Look at the used stangs for sale on this site. The ones that are over $20k aren't selling and you see..."bump for nice ride"..."why hasn't this sold?"

Mustang sales are down 45% from last year so it's a buyers market. If you just want a weekender, then buy used and don't pay over $17k. That should get you a very nice 06 GT Deluxe at fair value (with low miles). If you encounter sellers trying to stick to $20k even with their IUP, and leather, and fuzzy dice and other "who cares options" then leave your number as they will probably be calling you back. Did I mention that Mustang sales are down 45%, so the factory and dealers are trying to unload inventory as well so that means lower prices. Only those that are buying on emotion are paying too much.

Another path might be a sixer with manny tranny. Pay no more than $13k for a really sharp one, do some appearance mods, and later, as mpg's become even more of an issue, you will see the supercharger prices drop and you could then have fun doing a project of bolting on 70-100 more ponies and still be under the GT cost and do it as you can afford it.

Me, my kids now drive so that's why I can have the car I want, not the car I need. If my kids were younger, then a MazdaSpeed 3 would probably be my ride, or a WRX. they have 4 doors and can seat 5 and still get 30 mpg highway and a heck of a lot of fun to drive.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Vegasfilter
3rd Gear Member

wait man....best thing to do. I waited 10 years to FINALLY get a mustang gt....Opportunity presented itself, so i leaped.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:45 AM
jjgt07
1st Gear Member

go to dealer and see what they have at the moment look at the back tires,are they burnt off,then if they are the car is beet on or if it has low miles and the back tires are replaced,well figure it out. buy new,only way to go.

Quick Reply: Help me get into a mustang GT please (update)...