Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White stripes, White Mustang??

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 02:00 AM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: White stripes, White Mustang??

obviously he hadn't looked at page 1....or the white on white was so unnoticeable that he didn't even notice it....lol
Old 07-02-2008, 02:02 AM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

yeh, look at that...it's barely visible....might be better to go with a different color...
Old 07-02-2008, 02:47 AM
SikO7GT
2nd Gear Member

But again thats a photoshopped picture!! Im never gonna know how it looks if i dont do it!!
"It's barely visible" ya true, but i never heard any of the old school car guys complain about ghost flames NOT BEING VISIBLE!! Hence the name "ghost" by the way,
Ghost flames look sick and u can barely see them..
WHY NOT GHOST STRIPES??
Old 07-02-2008, 03:04 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

1+ Your right as black has a deeper shine and the matte black stripes will stand out from the deep shine of the black paint. White on the other hand IMO is opposite and the reflection would drown out the matte white stripes IMO.... I have never detailed a car that was white on white but if you do decide to do it take pics esp if you change your mind after the install so we can see (or not) see them.....think- 2 opposite colors that reflect/absorb (white/black) light differently. White is all the colors of a prism and black is the abscence of color....so on and so forth....save your money is the point I am getting at!!!!! JMO J
ORIGINAL: JRT1

I don't think matte white on white paint would look good like the black does.
I think the stripe will get lost in the paint because of the reflection, where as black absorbs light so the contrast between the stripe and the paint will be more noticable.
That is just my guess though.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:57 AM
Texcan
1st Gear Member

Hi there. This is my first time to post, as I joined about 3 weeks ago. Bought my wife a V-6, Hight Performance white, Convertible. Anyway we ordered the black stripes from the dealer when we bought her car. I found this website ford has to see what they were going to look like on her car. http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/fas/b2c/catalog.asp I put her car and color in and tried the white stripes on it and they look cool. Since the car is High Performace White and the stripes are Oxford White, you can see them nicely. Wish we would have thought about that color before we ordered them. They go on, this Monday. Try it out and see what you think,but really does look cool!
Old 07-02-2008, 09:04 AM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

I noticed the first page but i was gonna actually try to make it look as real as possible with photoshop. Not just paint some white on the car.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:55 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

The static image you create with Photoshop will not necessarily look like it would in person being how subtle the colors are. The image can always be manipulated to show an example in the best possible way that is intended by the artist.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:32 PM
SikO7GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Texcan

Hi there. This is my first time to post, as I joined about 3 weeks ago. Bought my wife a V-6, Hight Performance white, Convertible. Anyway we ordered the black stripes from the dealer when we bought her car. I found this website ford has to see what they were going to look like on her car. http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/fas/b2c/catalog.asp I put her car and color in and tried the white stripes on it and they look cool. Since the car is High Performace White and the stripes are Oxford White, you can see them nicely. Wish we would have thought about that color before we ordered them. They go on, this Monday. Try it out and see what you think, but really does look cool!

Thanks for the website....
I tried it out and it actually does look pretty nice because the oxford white stripes are darker so u can tell!!
Not alot but u can tell!!
And congrats on ur new purchase!!
Post some pics of the new vert when u can!!
Old 07-02-2008, 06:31 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

ORIGINAL: A_Drunken_Llama

i guess it would be possible....matte white stripes...if u want I can photoshop u some so u can see how they would turn out....
Can you photoshop me a Windveil Blue with Autumn Gold Superstripes on it???????!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

I think a really light grey would look better than plain white or off white.

Quick Reply: White stripes, White Mustang??