Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CenterForce Dual Friction Clutch ::installed::

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 12:42 AM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

Default CenterForce Dual Friction Clutch ::installed::

Hey you guys,
so I've been runnin my boosted mustang for 9000 miles on the stock mustang GT clutch...and with 430 rwhp...well that clutch took a dump...SO i noticed while runnin the car not only was the clutch slipping, but boost was slipping like a mo fugga, especially higher up in the RPMs where my centrifugal paxton unit screams. well three days ago I got my centerforce dual friction clutch installed (picture below!). At first it was pretty hard to get used to, it was noticibly stiffer than my basically toasted stock clutch and is also a 6-puck so its chattery if you dont know how to use it. i took 3 days to get used to the new clutch and break it in (500 miles). well i hit the break in today and of course, at 501 miles i beat the living **** out of this car. Its amazing, the clutch is supposed to be good for 700 hp and has made the entire car feel ... "tighter" and more solid all around, and to be honest has made it a bit more fun. I HIGHLY recommend this clutch to anyone considering a clutch swap. It was either the centerforce DF or the spec stage 3+ but I've heard mixed things about the spec so i went with the centerforce (had one in my 69 mustang) and let me tell you, i dont regret it at all and its fantastic. im takin the car to motorsport ranch (road racin) on the 20th and will hopefully have a more agressive tune and my prochamber offroad x w/ slp LMs. ill try to get some vids for yall if youre interested. anyway, great clutch, fun as hell, i highly recommend it. I give it an "A+".

Old 07-03-2008, 12:47 AM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

Default RE: CenterForce Dual Friction Clutch ::installed::

If you are getting an O/R midpipe I strongly recommend not getting SLP LMs.

Congrats on the new clutch though.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:49 AM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

hey thanks man why do you say that? too loud? i want freakin ear bleadin, obnoxiously loud.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:55 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

sweet man thanks for the info
Old 07-03-2008, 01:00 AM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EmperorOfChicken

hey thanks man why do you say that? too loud? i want freakin ear bleadin, obnoxiously loud.
No, it trumpets and sounds like ***. You need something to smooth it out. I had that set up and i switched to Boomtubes, they have some baffling in the interior and it sounds much much better, and it is still obnoxiously loud.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:02 AM
paydirt
2nd Gear Member

sweet, thanks for the write up bro, I've really been trying to decide which clutch I wanted to get and now I think I have a pretty good idea on a scale of 1-10 though how much heavier is the new one than stock?
Old 07-03-2008, 01:02 AM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

ah i see, thank you, you just saved me some money my friend. I want it to have that good sound, but still be loud as hell. I think ill just do the o/r prochamber and leave my GTAs, if its too quiet i'll get some boomtubes. preciate the help.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:05 AM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

on a scale of 1-10 id rate the stock clutch a 2. the centerforce dual friction id say is probably a 6. the engagement is really short, and for someone who doesnt have much muscle, like myself[8D] its definately something to get used to. you gotta understand, my clutch was literally non existant, i could basically tap it and itd hit the floor. the centerforce is much stiffer than my dads GT500 stock clutch, and that clutch felt heavy compared to my stock gt clutch (if that helps at all). traffic in dallas can be pretty bad, but its never too bad where i think my legs gunna fall off or anythin
Old 07-03-2008, 01:08 AM
paydirt
2nd Gear Member

oh alright cool, that doesn't sound too bad.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:20 AM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

Do you have long tubes?

Quick Reply: CenterForce Dual Friction Clutch ::installed::