Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 08:12 PM
MasterMike

Default RE: 2008 GT

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

ORIGINAL: SirKnightTG

I'm going to be looking into an 08 GT with a manual. I just can't stand the auto anymore, even after a good tune. It's also a DD too. Get the manual. Real mustangs have manuals. Plus you'll get better MPG and a lot more HP to the real wheels.

Manual.

Yup.

Not so fast. My auto is up to 28 mpg everyday on a 70 miles round trip commute with my 3.31 gears. On a DD with gas prices, come on.................
Same here...On the Highway, my mileage is aroundd 28-29 mpg with my auto trans...The auto trans is really effective and when I get my tuner from BamaChips, it's gonna be even better...
Old 07-05-2008, 08:21 PM
HazardSports
2nd Gear Member

I live in Staten Island, work in Brooklyn, Frequent Manhattan; and have a 5spd. There are times that the 5spd is a pain in the neck when the Belt Pkwy is going too slow to maintain 1st gear, (makes me consider 4:10 gears even more - but will kill me on the long trips).

My 06 GT get's 29 MPG from SI to work in Brooklyn when driving EASY, (most fuel efficient in 5th gear @ 65 - 70 MPH). Driving moderate gets me anywhere from 22 - 25 easily. When I drop the hammer I'm looking at about 8 MPG. Wouldn't trade the manual or the 4.6 for anything. The fun factor out weighs the MPG / shift factor by FAR !

My girlfriend has the 04 V6 convert and when I was offloading13 OEM Torque Thrust / Pirelli'sI tried to hook her up with 4. It will not happen. (Still have 4 left).

I have the Shaker 1000 w/ Subwoof and think it's great for an OEM but definately not awesome. Good enough for me because I'm not an audio buff ! I listen to the motor more than the radio.

Good luck and let us know when you get her.

PS: When I got it I wasmoderately disappointed with the power / throttle response. When I did the CAI + Tune I said, "now that's how a stock mustang should feel". I reccommend that you Consider a CAI / Tune as part of your initial purchase. The throttle response is worth it alone, (you cant even blip the throttle between downshifts with the OEM delay).

Old 07-05-2008, 08:39 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SuPa StaLLiOn 7

I got a 2000 V6 with over 115,000 miles. I'm seriously thinking about getting a GT around Columbus Day, because that's when the biggest sales come out. I'll take a 2008, since it will be cheaper than the '09's. I know gas would probably be a little more, but I can handle it. Do you guys have any pointers for me? I would really appreciate your help.
Gas mileage on my GT was great, the Shelby mileage is BRUTAL!!
Old 07-05-2008, 09:11 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: duckbubbles

When I was car shopping in late August of '07, I ended up with my '08 Mustang. The selection of '07's was pretty slim, mostly V6's with autos. There weren't any GT's. I wanted a manual and haven't regretted it at all, even when commuting. It's just more fun to drive and I enjoy driving a lot more than I used to. You steer an auto but you DRIVE a manual.

Just some food for thought.

Frank
[align=left][/align]

You drive in a straight line. An auto needs to be able to steer in order to overtake you on the left.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:42 PM
SONICBOOST3
2nd Gear Member

Ur first mod should be a supercharger
Old 07-07-2008, 08:43 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

^ I agree with the above statement..... all the money I put into the car already (I try not to count) I could probably have a whipple H.O.

Whoever lives in Staten Island or Brooklyn, if you guys are looking for a great shop, check out Ralph and Johns on 65th street between 13th and 14th ave. I'll be there this thursday
Old 07-07-2008, 09:12 AM
jimei
I ♥ Acer

www.Jordan9.com discount cheap nike jordan gucci prada shoes lacoste puma trainers at china factory
Welcome to visit www.jordan9.com,We are a professional shoes and sneaker Industrialcompany, and as af(www.guccisneaker.com) amous nike shoes factory & Stores and wholesale company.(www.google.com)
Old 07-07-2008, 09:28 AM
jimei
I ♥ Acer

www.Jordan9.com discount cheap nike jordan gucci prada shoes lacoste puma trainers at china factory
Welcome to visit www.jordan9.com,We are a professional shoes and sneaker Industrialcompany, and as af(www.guccisneaker.com) amous nike shoes factory & Stores and wholesale company.(www.google.com)
Old 07-07-2008, 10:38 AM
matt07GT
4th Gear Member

I have an 07 Auto.....I love it. I get about 25+ for highway driving. I agree with everyone with getting a cai/tune. Once I got mine it felt like a new car.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:59 PM
HazardSports
2nd Gear Member

I bought the7/75 ESP (buddy hooked me up at cost) and I havea great "RELATIONSHIP" with my dealership mechanic so My warranty is not void; but,I THINK A SUPERCHARGER IS A DEAL BREAKER. That's why I'm waiting on the S/C. Building for turns right now and by the time I'm done my 75,000 will be up and I will be ready for the Saleen S/C.

So SONICBOOST3brings me to my next suggestion - dont buy the ESP if you're looking to S/C or mod motor right out of the gate. You get the factory 3/36 and hedge your bet on when you plan to install. For my puoposes - 10 min will reverse CAI / Tune if I need to.

Have to admit - can't wait for the blower though.

Quick Reply: 2008 GT