Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some new pics of the car

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 03:54 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Some new pics of the car

ORIGINAL: Its A Stang Thang

Is the 5.4 a crate motor or...?

What is its stock numbers, and what is it putting out currently? Also how difficult was the switch to the bigger motor, along with the price if you don't mind?

Also just curious, since you've got a V8 in it are you debating switching your exhuast out for something a little more louder/throatier?
It's a take out motor from a F150 I believe. I'll be forging the internals this winter, which is why its at 8.5lbs of boost. It was cheaper than getting $3k custom forged 4.0 rods, as the motor came in at $2.5k by itself. I got new SLP Powerflows on it, love them. Here is some info on the power/tune from the other build thread:

"As for the numbers, Mike left a lot of timing out of the car, but its making (DJ numbers):

461 rwhp / 565 rwtq

The tune, is super super safe. I wanted Mike to add timing, but now thinking we best not till we shake it down a few times at the track. Besides, I'm tired of breaking the damn thing, something safe works for me...till I forge the bottom end. And also, I don't have a dyno sheet. I haven't had a dyno sheet printed out since I was 11 psi I think. I just have him tune it, and then take it to the track and look at the ET and MPH."
Old 07-07-2008, 03:55 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oh6vee6

That car is and has always been BADASS!! Congrats on the conversion. I bet she sounds amazing!!

Thanks you, honored you think so.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Sexy!! I would leave the heat exchanger silver. I dunno I have always liked seeing it and knowing you mean business....IMO.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Its A Stang Thang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

What is its stock numbers, and what is it putting out currently? Also how difficult was the switch to the bigger motor, along with the price if you don't mind?

Also just curious, since you've got a V8 in it are you debating switching your exhuast out for something a little more louder/throatier?
It's a take out motor from a F150 I believe. I'll be forging the internals this winter, which is why its at 8.5lbs of boost. It was cheaper than getting $3k custom forged 4.0 rods, as the motor came in at $2.5k by itself. I got new SLP Powerflows on it, love them. Here is some info on the power/tune from the other build thread:

"As for the numbers, Mike left a lot of timing out of the car, but its making (DJ numbers):

461 rwhp / 565 rwtq

The tune, is super super safe. I wanted Mike to add timing, but now thinking we best not till we shake it down a few times at the track. Besides, I'm tired of breaking the damn thing, something safe works for me...till I forge the bottom end. And also, I don't have a dyno sheet. I haven't had a dyno sheet printed out since I was 11 psi I think. I just have him tune it, and then take it to the track and look at the ET and MPH."

I'm not going to lie, I've been following your mods pretty closely, considering I'm a sixer as well. This engine swap looks promising,and I'm really actually debating it. Your drivetrain is all reworked anyways correct, so dropping the engine in didn't cause any significant issues to flare up? How much was it installed? Also are the powerflos on in the video you posted in the other thread.

If you could maybe PM or post any information, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:20 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black Mamba GTT

Sexy!! I would leave the heat exchanger silver. I dunno I have always liked seeing it and knowing you mean business....IMO.
Wow, thanks!
Old 07-07-2008, 06:22 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

461 rwhp / 565 rwtq

I'm not going to lie, I've been following your mods pretty closely, considering I'm a sixer as well. This engine swap looks promising,and I'm really actually debating it. Your drivetrain is all reworked anyways correct, so dropping the engine in didn't cause any significant issues to flare up? How much was it installed? Also are the powerflos on in the video you posted in the other thread.

If you could maybe PM or post any information, I would greatly appreciate it.
My build included a 4r70 with percision 3200 rpm stall and a trans brake. Oh yea, a Baumann trans controller. CHE fabbed up some motor mounts, and Mike had to fab up an intake. The biggest issue with the 5.4 3v is the intake, as the stock one is too big. You can hit me up via email if you want the nitty grity details.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Its A Stang Thang
2nd Gear Member

Sounds good, I probably will. This is actually in my current price range some what...