Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lojack

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 01:34 PM
fullboogie
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Lojack

Man, does anyone else have trouble getting a GPS signal inside their garage? In a building? Under trees? In very cloudy weather? Under freeway overpasses? I sure do. I would not want a locator in my car working off GPS.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

i can get lojack for under 200 bux installed.. i get discoutns on cars and things like this.. i also have the viper 5900 alarm system as an anti theft.. so lo jack would be better for me the mobile angel
Old 07-17-2008, 02:32 PM
Kamalyn
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Simon1

I'm real familiar with the Lojack and have never heard of the MobileAngel. The big difference between the two is Law Enforcement (LE) uses Low Jack in their cars and would be able to find your car by accident. Do you know how difficult it is to explainto a dispatcher where your car is?? It seems like it has great possability. Lojackworks off of radio waves so in the cities it will bounce around on buildings until you find it. It looks like the Mobileangel goes off of GPS which needs "line of sight" well almost. Trees and other obstructions will prevent it from having a signal strong enough to work properly. I know that if I pull my Fusion into the garage at homethe satelite radio will not work. The difficulty would be relaying the info to LE of the updated locations of the vehicle. Something that happens often with these upper end cars (not your typical 1995 Honda Accord, the most stolen vehicle in CA) is they are towed (stolen)by a two truck and taken somewhere to be dismantled in the middle in the middle of the night. Usually only a fewmiles away. It will take just a few hours for them to have a car like ours completely dismantled. So, Lojack sucks because there is no active theft system.No one calls you and says, "Hey, someone stole your car." You have to contact them after you find out your car missing. Mobileangel has a draw back of having reception for the GPS to work correctly. Although I am unsure how well it would work just guessing based on other systems I've used (GPS systems). I know the computer (Gateway laptop)in my vehicle uses a wireless signal to upload info and GPS to pinpoint it's location. As long as I have line of sight and I'm not in the bottom of a canyon, I'm good.

I can get Lojack for half price and I wonder what the MobilleAngel costs up front and if there is a regular service charge. Now,if both systems were combined into one, that would be the ultimate theft recovery system.

For those with more info, let's hear it.
I have LoJack with Early warning on my car. And they do indeed call when someone steels your car. I have mine set up to e-mail my office, e-mail my home and call my cell phone. It also keeps doing it until you respond that you got the message. It works great. I drove my car without the Key-FOB and and about 5 minutes after I started driving I got a phone call from them saying my car may have been stolen. So I guess it depends on which type of LoJack you get.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Project Renegade
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deekum1627

i know some cops in the city and they said they alway fine a car with lojack
did you say FINE as in a ticket? or meant to say FIND as in they almost always get your car back to you?
Old 07-17-2008, 04:31 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Project Renegade

ORIGINAL: deekum1627

i know some cops in the city and they said they alway fine a car with lojack
did you say FINE as in a ticket? or meant to say FIND as in they almost always get your car back to you?
sorry i mean find your car they always find it lol and i have mine set to call me, my wife, my house, my parents and my brother
Old 07-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Project Renegade
2nd Gear Member

haha good, cuz i was about ready to jump the gun on that one, whew, glad im not going to have a ticket for having a theft system on my car![&:]
Old 07-17-2008, 04:40 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

lol i hear ya sorry for givin you a heart attack