Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-23-2015, 05:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Installing Radar Detector

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 09:21 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by A_Drunken_Llama
my cop detector is mounted in the small openings in my head... never failed me....

+1
mounted on either sides of the nose

Passport Wireless SOLO S2 FTW
Zero Wiring Problems as it runs on internal batteries.

Last edited by 157dB; 08-17-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:47 PM
mignella254
2nd Gear Member

Default ??How to Hard Wire Radar Detector

Anyone have a "how to" link or post. I couldn't find one. Thanks for the help
Old 08-16-2008, 07:03 PM
frdfrst
2nd Gear Member

i know there were post before,but i have mine on the dash in left corner.mounted it with the two sided strips that are out now.wire runs around corner of dash and down behind the door molding,across under the dash.mounted ground on any screw head that goes into metal.hot lead goes to fuse box in passenger side well in front of the door.its easier than it sounds.make sure you fuse the hot side in case anything shorts out.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:37 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

Its really easy to do. Buy a hardwire kit for your detector then buy an "add a circuit" from your local car parts store. the add a circuit plugs into your fuse box and then gives you a hot wire to wire your radar detector. I believe mine is in spot 15 in the fuse box in by the passenger footwell, but i cant remember off the top of my head. if you want me to look, i can find out tomorrow when its light out. then you just wire the positive part of the hardwire kit to that add a circuit and then ground the other part to any screw. then just run the cable up through the plastic A pillar piece and then tuck it under the front edge of the headliner. i have my radar detector just to the left of my rear view mirror and just under the dark tint banner on the windshield. nobody can see my radar detector from the sides or from the back of me, so when cops pull up next to you, they dont know that you have a detector unless you are playing with it. if you need more clarity or pictures, i can probably take some tomorrow morning.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Go here for your radar needs http://www.radardetector.net/forums/index.php
Old 08-16-2008, 09:00 PM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jahudso2
Its really easy to do. Buy a hardwire kit for your detector then buy an "add a circuit" from your local car parts store. the add a circuit plugs into your fuse box and then gives you a hot wire to wire your radar detector. I believe mine is in spot 15 in the fuse box in by the passenger footwell, but i cant remember off the top of my head. if you want me to look, i can find out tomorrow when its light out. then you just wire the positive part of the hardwire kit to that add a circuit and then ground the other part to any screw. then just run the cable up through the plastic A pillar piece and then tuck it under the front edge of the headliner. i have my radar detector just to the left of my rear view mirror and just under the dark tint banner on the windshield. nobody can see my radar detector from the sides or from the back of me, so when cops pull up next to you, they dont know that you have a detector unless you are playing with it. if you need more clarity or pictures, i can probably take some tomorrow morning.
I would love to see some pics because that sounds like something I want to attempt here in the near future!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:16 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Here's an old write up I did for installation of my Raptor Shift Light. Just ignore the shift light aspect, and the wiring to the engine bay, and you should be able to follow the same steps for your radar detector I would think.....

https://mustangforums.com/forum/show...or+shift+light

Mike
Old 08-17-2008, 10:47 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

http://www.users.qwest.net/~cookpagi...augePower.html

Just ignore the part about the headlight switch and illumination wire.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=473677
3 days between radar detector 'how do I power' posts.
Didnt you even search the forum for recent radar detector posts?
Shame on you.

Passport Wireless SOLO S2 FTW
Zero Wiring Problems as it runs on internal batteries.

Last edited by 157dB; 08-17-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:20 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

which one do u got, i wired mine to the fuse box and then had it grounded, very easy.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:43 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

i had mine wired into my radio in the fuse pannel, i had it hard wired into a constant power source (ono the fuse pannel) but it if you leave it on for 4 days while your on vacation you might have problems

Quick Reply: Installing Radar Detector