Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most Annoying Thing...?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Twiztga
2nd Gear Member

+1 on most of this minus the clutch issues and wet floorboards! Another thing that annoys me is they could have put one of those in the trunk handles so you can close the trunk w/o putting a big smudge on the trunk/decklid/faux cap; CDC Classic blackout has somewhat fixed that problem for me but a little handle to pull it closed on the inside kinda like the IS250 has wouldn't hurt...
Old 09-07-2008, 10:17 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by r3velation
OMG YOU HAVE NO IDEA. if my front seats move even an inch. and i move it back to it's original position or try to, it just squeaks. i absolutely love my gf's a4 cuz of the memory seat and mirror feature. so convenient

back to the op, i think that the most annoying feature about the car is that i don't like that there is that the speedo's default setting when the lights are off have a very nice white, but when you turn the lights on, you can't have the same white light.

oh, the squeaky stock clutch, not the most fun. good thing there's music and engine roar. lol
good point i dont know why you cant have the white light at night
Old 09-07-2008, 11:02 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

I'm noticing some more scratches on the plastic interior pieces lately. Its like if you run a finger nail across a flat black painted surface and it leaves a permanent shiny line. The rear window cleaning is bad so mine usually looks fogged when the sun shines through.

I've never had a leak in the interior. I'm happy with the trunk button on the key fob. If it bothers you so much, mount a spare one inside the car.

The only other problem I have is trying not to get stopped for speeding or reckless driving. The Mustang sometimes turns me into a Mr. Hyde when I get behind the wheel.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:07 AM
07cspony
3rd Gear Member

Cheap interior. I love the car but can't understand why Ford couldn't have spent a little more money on a higher quality (material) interior. That "hard plastic" with no cushion dash, side panels and other interior parts kills me.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:50 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

im love my car but i hate the cheap plastic dash and its only a v6 lol.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:06 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

^^yes, but your car looks soooo good!!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 12:26 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

LOL

My clutch pedal also squeaks sometimes.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:53 PM
BaDStAnGT
2nd Gear Member

A rattle in the back right corner (usually rattles when someone is seating back there)
driveshaft noise (need to chk on that thread also)
windshield gets extremely foggy at night and the a/c wont do much to help??????really annoying!!!!!

rattle in the door with speaker loud (i think theres a fix to this in the dealer)
Traction Control always on (dont know how many times i forgot to turn it off to race!!!!!!)

but i love my car....
Old 09-07-2008, 04:55 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

I only have 2 complaints.........1) How deep set the gauges are...watching the tach and the road is a pain in the *** 2) The rear mounted mufflers
Old 09-07-2008, 05:04 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mynameismike65
I only have 2 complaints.........1) How deep set the gauges are...watching the tach and the road is a pain in the *** 2) The rear mounted mufflers
I also have to add the deep gauges as a complaint. Actually the mufflers help with weight distribution although I have a lot less weight than stock with my Boomtubes.

Quick Reply: Most Annoying Thing...?