Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pypes mid muffler using a different muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 01:30 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07torchredgt
There was a youtube video now come to think of it of someones s197 that used flow masters in place of the m'80s ...Maybe someone can find it?? Video quality was poor so it was hard to tell the sound, But imagine a mid muffler mac setup... It would sound amazing...

theres no room under there for regular mufflers,bullits barely fit with out hitting the gas tank,thats why they use the bullets,id like to know how they fit flowmasters.

i dont remember my pypes mid mufflers having a small hole,they are flow thru just like those bullits in the picture.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:51 PM
cougarfan088
2nd Gear Member

can you put mufflers in there vertically?
Old 09-21-2008, 12:00 PM
07torchredgt
2nd Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk2fF9lQJxU

They did it... ALthough they did it with flowaster 40's which are even quieter than the 44's that the american thunder system uses (Weak)... I think with macs it would sound awesome!!! And no drone... But how did they fit them? Thats the question...
Old 09-21-2008, 03:46 PM
07torchredgt
2nd Gear Member

BUMPP
Old 09-21-2008, 04:01 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2007CalSpec
Here's a pic of the M-80 mufflers that come with the Pypes mid-muffler system. The opening looks kinda small wouldn't you say?

http://pypesexhaust.com/images/mvr200.jpg

And here's what I'm running right now. I don't have the mid-muffler system from Pypes but it's essentially the same what I'm doing. I have these two Dynomax race bullets right under the car near my o/r prochamber. Once I get rid of my boomtubes, these Dynomax bullets will be the primary mufflers and will no longer play the resonator role. Oh god will it be loud! My neighbors will really love me then.

A full 2 1/2" opening.

sorry but your wrong, the MM is the same size as that....its 2.5 inches...I have them sitting on my floor beside me and the final product is alot nicer looking then those resonators. ya there under the car but for $46 each u cant go wrong. IMO I think the pypes sounds better anyway heres a clip of ****** exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDNtc9BPaBQ
Old 09-21-2008, 04:04 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

all though u do have the boomtubes on th eback , your car wil basically sound like ******, I have slp LM powder coated as my tips so they are staying cause thats all they are really is tips, they dont have anything in them like the boomtubes. It will be loud at wot but its actually not that loud at idle. I run a o/r x with lm right now and its loud at cold start and when u get on it but idle the car is almost stock sounding
Old 09-21-2008, 06:30 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG
sorry but your wrong, the MM is the same size as that....its 2.5 inches...I have them sitting on my floor beside me and the final product is alot nicer looking then those resonators. ya there under the car but for $46 each u cant go wrong. IMO I think the pypes sounds better anyway heres a clip of ****** exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDNtc9BPaBQ

I guess the M-80 picture from the Pypes website is old then. Don't know why it shows the muffler with a small opening.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:56 PM
kthulhu
1st Gear Member

I just had my Pypes MM system installed last week, and the resonators that come with it are straight through with no restriction. My exhaust guy was actually very impressed with the quality of the resonators.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:45 AM
doctorj77
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dr350rider
Check out the Magnaflow website. They sell several round mufflers in several diameters. The Magnapack kit for our cars is, I think, their 4" round muffler made into a kit. Some guy on mustangforums used Magnaflows in a mid muffler set up.
That was me. I used Magnaflows in the middle. These were "part #10436" 4in round, 22in length, 28in overall.

These had a great sound to them, nice deep tone. I was using them with MRT's catted H. After they broke in, the started to trumpet at 70-75mph. Which got really annoying. I think I paid $63 a piece, shipped from Fleabay.

Here is the only clip I took, not the best

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=100_1172.flv

and a couple pics

Old 09-25-2008, 11:06 AM
07torchredgt
2nd Gear Member

NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS? wheres warmachine.... He originally posted it...

Originally Posted by 07torchredgt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk2fF9lQJxU

They did it... ALthough they did it with flowaster 40's which are even quieter than the 44's that the american thunder system uses (Weak)... I think with macs it would sound awesome!!! And no drone... But how did they fit them? Thats the question...

Quick Reply: Pypes mid muffler using a different muffler?