Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't decide between Borla stingers and MAC axlebacks! help

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 12:48 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i have the mac's and love them sound great really mean sound it does drone but not that bad good luck
Old 09-24-2008, 12:50 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AmericanMuscle4.6GT
o/r catted? its one or the other lol.

both sound great. i prefer the mac's when its just the mufflers, for crusing they sound amazing (from outside at least). but the borla's are always safe, especially if your going to put on an o/r midpipe.
Both with this kit LOL! Pypes has this kit in 3 parts so the cat's are not welded in so you can put the kit on and run it as a true O/R x-pipe or cut 9 1/2"'s off the down pipes and put the high flow cat's in that come with it. I'm going to run it with the cat's in just to keep the noise level down a bit more then running them strate.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Violator187
2nd Gear Member

How deep are the borlas compared to the Macs though? i definetly want deep and mean...
Old 09-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

You can't go wrong with either one, I like my Stingers, they have a much deeper tone then most mufflers I've heard, and they sound awesome with my o/r H. But they do drone quite a bit and they trumpet too once the cats are removed.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Violator187
2nd Gear Member

Would the borlas trumpet once the offroad prochamber is installed? i'm guessing yes but i shure hope not... anybody here with that combo???
Old 09-24-2008, 03:25 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Violator187
How deep are the borlas compared to the Macs though? i definetly want deep and mean...
There not as deep as the macs. Cant compare the 2 diff sounds the borlas are not as agressive but a lil bit smoother but the macs desatroy them in deepness, u can tell imediatly at start up who the king of deep is. The macs u can honestly feel in the ground and your chest when the car is pulling up like 30 yards away. add the pro chamber and u have the deepest set up u can get for s197.

The borlas would be ok to with the pro chamber but if u want deep get something that is actually deep, I swear borla owners are tone deaf when they say they are so deep......
Old 09-24-2008, 03:59 PM
Violator187
2nd Gear Member

Hahaa ok... I'm just really worried about too much drone... I know putting resonators in will help but that mess up the whole sound and deepness??? because i am definetly going to get an offroad prochamber in the near future... i just dont want to drive and get sick to my stomach like the guy said above lol
Old 09-24-2008, 04:02 PM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TOMBSTANG
There not as deep as the macs. Cant compare the 2 diff sounds the borlas are not as agressive but a lil bit smoother but the macs desatroy them in deepness, u can tell imediatly at start up who the king of deep is. The macs u can honestly feel in the ground and your chest when the car is pulling up like 30 yards away. add the pro chamber and u have the deepest set up u can get for s197.

The borlas would be ok to with the pro chamber but if u want deep get something that is actually deep, I swear borla owners are tone deaf when they say they are so deep......
We have had a big run on MACs lately.

But you will never go wrong with the Stingers!!!

http://www.southernmustangparts.com/...5-c-27_28.html

Ken
Old 09-24-2008, 04:04 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i say get the mac the have the deepest tone you can get and if i get my catted prochamber on this weekend ill let you know how that sounds with the macs
Old 09-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Jersey Stang
2nd Gear Member

I think the macs sound great if your outside the car. but the sacrifice is the DRONE inside the cabin. But I LOVE my stingers. Its the perfect balance. :-)

Quick Reply: Can't decide between Borla stingers and MAC axlebacks! help