Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AEROFORCE GAUGES WITH BOOST/FUEL PRESSURE????

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 12:44 PM
MUSTANGLOVER73
3rd Gear Member

Default AEROFORCE GAUGES WITH BOOST/FUEL PRESSURE????

hey guys, i was on steedas website and i saw that the aeroforce gauges have sensors for boost and fuel pressure. Is this correct? http://www.steeda.com/products/aerof...gle_gauges.php

Also does anybody know where these sensors are to be installed on the car? I was quoted $1300 by a local shop to install a air/fuel wideband, boost and fuel pressure gauge for my paxton s/c. This price is for the 3 gauges (Autometer Cobalt) w/gauge pod and installation. Or am i better off getting the aeroforce gauges and getting the wideband later? Im definately already getting the aeroforces but was going to buy the other three gauges seperately. Help...i dont have much experience with gauges!!
Old 10-13-2008, 12:47 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

Everyone is going to reccomend getting the aeroforce gauges. They are a great product with the ability to read multiple things. I personally have the auto meter cobalt series.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:06 PM
MUSTANGLOVER73
3rd Gear Member

im def getting the aeroforce but am i better off to monitor the fuel/pressure and boost with seperate gauges or buy the additional sensors for the aeroforce gauges??

Cobra443-who installed youre gauges? How much did it cost?
Old 10-13-2008, 01:15 PM
bigray327
2nd Gear Member

Why not install them yourself? Piece of cake, especially if it's just plugging into the ODB port.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

1300 holy ****.. i paid 210 dollars for 4 gauges to be installed.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:23 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

Installed myself. Its cake, worst part is finding best way to route the wires back to the gauge. If i were we I would get a seperate mechanical boost guage.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

definately dont pay $1300 to have someone install 3 gauges, thats utterly rediculous.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:30 PM
paydirt
2nd Gear Member

yeah I had 3 glowshift guages, the pod and installation all done for $350. the glowshift guages function just fine but I just want to upgrade because they look a little on the cheap side (cause they are)
Old 10-13-2008, 04:13 PM
MUSTANGLOVER73
3rd Gear Member

$1300 is for the autometer cobalt boost gauge, air/fuel wideband, fuel pressure gauges. It is also for the gauge pod and to have it all installed.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:47 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

with aeroforce, you wont need fuel pressure becuase it monitors it thru the ecu already. you would need a seperate boost sensor to read pressure.this is waht i did, it works very well.

1)seperate a/f wideband, aem- this is probably the most important gauge becuase the ratio is critical, so i did seperate gauage, i always want to be able to see it at a glance with out having to toggle thru menus.

2)seperate boost gauge/controller,aem also-aem has a boost gauge/controller that works well for me becuase im turbo so it kills 2 birds with one stone and boost is critical also, so i can catch it if it decides to creep on me.

3)aeroforce gauge,i got this to monitor all the small things, you can monitor 2 things at once and even set a light to let you know about problems. i had to get a seperate sensor to be able to monitor oil pressure. for now im covered on anything important.im using the aeroforce currently to monitor:
oil pressure (need extra sensor $65)
HEAD TEMP
coolant temp, some say this is just a computed number becuase our cars dont have a actual coolant sensor,im not sure?
rpm, set up with the shift light
outside air temp
intake temp
fuel pressure
throttle position
maf counts

thats all i can think of right now, im sure there are a few other things it can monitor, another good thing is you can read and clear any codes, im clearing my O2 sensor code alot until i get my tune.

HTH

Quick Reply: AEROFORCE GAUGES WITH BOOST/FUEL PRESSURE????