Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange squeaking sound from rear passenger tire

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 09:42 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Default Strange squeaking sound from rear passenger tire

The last couple weeks my car has been making a slight squeaking noise when I slow down to make right turns. It doesn't happen if I come to a complete stop and then turn at a stop sign or a street light, but if I simply slow down without stopping to make one of those turns it sometimes happens. I'd say probably about 15% of the time... mostly, if not only, in the mornings when it's still cool outside. It seems to be coming from the passenger side rear tire/wheel. It would seem to sound like it's the tire making that sound, but I suppose it could also be the brakes. My car is an '06 V6 Pony Package with 28,000 miles. I've got stock rims and the tires are stock as well. I've had them rotated regularly and have never changed the brakes. The warranty expired in September.

If anyone has had this issue on their 'Stang or has any insight please chime in. Thank you.

Last edited by VictoriaRR; 11-04-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:46 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

hey victoria

do you have any mods in that area? lower control arms maybe... t-lok?

can't say i've had similar issues running STOCK, but with aftermarket parts i've had squeaks here and there.

will you be attending the socal cruise? maybe we could take a look at it for you.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:02 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by danbevsv6rumbler
hey victoria

do you have any mods in that area? lower control arms maybe... t-lok?

can't say i've had similar issues running STOCK, but with aftermarket parts i've had squeaks here and there.

will you be attending the socal cruise? maybe we could take a look at it for you.
No mods there... just my AeroTurbine exhaust. It doesn't look to be rubbing on anything, though.

Where exactly will the cruise be? If it's in the OC area I'd probably be interested... also depends on what day it is. I'd need to check my work schedule.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:47 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

maybe its the LCA bushings? Could be anything you mentioned too but now might be the opportunity to "mod" the suspension! Could be as simple as the brakes.....which IMO is normal. The car drives fine otherwise?
Old 11-05-2008, 12:39 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
maybe its the LCA bushings? Could be anything you mentioned too but now might be the opportunity to "mod" the suspension! Could be as simple as the brakes.....which IMO is normal. The car drives fine otherwise?
Yup. Drives good as ever. This squeaky thing only started about two weeks ago... it doesn't seem to be affecting anything but who knows in the long term. Hopefully whatever it is it's nothing major.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:50 AM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Sounds like its the brakes. I have that squeak from time to time as well and I'm positive its the pads...Why I havent fixed it yet is beyond me LMAO!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:48 AM
Chare375

I have an 05 V6 mustang and have run into the same exact problem. It would come from the right passenger side and only squeak on slow stops. Had my brakes changed and still had noise but not as much. I assume it could be the rotors but my mechanic told me the rotors are fine...unless he lied to me
Old 11-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

If it's more of a click than a squeak, it may be the TPMS bracket and band coming loose from the rim.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:58 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
If it's more of a click than a squeak, it may be the TPMS bracket and band coming loose from the rim.
No, it's definitely a squeak similar to what the guys above mentioned. It sounds similar to tires screaching the pavement but a lot quieter and much more subtle.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Halzyeah

I just started noticing the same annoying squeaking problem coming from my right rear tire area. Would like to get whatever it is taken care of car sounds horrible driving me crazy but don't know how to start going about fixing it. Sounds like something is rubbing or something is loose and the car is only a 2006 Mustang and it sounds like a piece of crap. Especially on the highways I can hear that noise all the time.