Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how hard is offroad pipe install?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 08:35 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Default how hard is offroad pipe install?

I am planning on buying an offroad h or x pipe and i want to know how hard is it to install it yourself? what is needed? I need to do it at home so i can keep my stocker instead i have to go to dealer for some reason. So, what tools are needed, how long did it take? i am getting flowmaster mufflers so what you think would bhe better h or x?
Old 11-13-2008, 09:21 PM
ErcWrestlr
2nd Gear Member

I just installed mine this past weekend. Very easy install. You just need to follow Taco Bill's write-up and he has everything listed you will need. It took me maybe an hour and a half. Thats from jacking the car up, taking out the stock midpipe, running to the parts store for anti-sieze, installing o/r midpipe, and then lowering it back down. It was my first time around to changing one out, so I took my time. I would probably go with an H, but thats just my own opinion.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:35 PM
harraid5711
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ErcWrestlr
I just installed mine this past weekend. Very easy install. You just need to follow Taco Bill's write-up and he has everything listed you will need. It took me maybe an hour and a half. Thats from jacking the car up, taking out the stock midpipe, running to the parts store for anti-sieze, installing o/r midpipe, and then lowering it back down. It was my first time around to changing one out, so I took my time. I would probably go with an H, but thats just my own opinion.
what he said! not bad at all. just make sure you have all the items handy, per TacoBill.

as far as your choice, i'd be careful mating either o/r pipe with flowmasters....many people have been unsatisfied with that combo......rasp city! However, it's a personal preference and you may like it.

For both of you....if you have trouble getting a tight seal at the exhaust manifold, Brenspeed can ship you some inserts that they fabricated that will help seal it up tight!!
Old 11-14-2008, 04:00 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

It is fairly easy to do. If you can put it on a lift, it will be much easier. I helped a friend put on a O/R X-pipe and it only took an hour.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:14 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

The hardest part was lifting the car up
Old 11-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

i don't see how it could be very difficult...
Old 11-15-2008, 10:48 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

It's not....and as stated above Bill's got a good write-up. Even without it, it's not hard
Old 11-15-2008, 01:24 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by owero01
It is fairly easy to do. If you can put it on a lift, it will be much easier. I helped a friend put on a O/R X-pipe and it only took an hour.
a hour on a lift? lol how many beers did you guys drink in that hour, only takes me 20 -30 on rhino ramps, I have done it probably a dozen times now on a few diff s197's its not hard at all , maybe need a lil force to make stuff fit but other then that its like 2 out of 10 on install
Old 11-15-2008, 01:31 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

its very easy not hard at all the hardest part for me was taking out the ramps and my tools
Old 11-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Atlanta_Tider
2nd Gear Member

My Flows sound raspy in the car at certain RPMS with the H but outside the car it sounds tough as hell, loud too! With a lift it took about 15 minutes to swap the pipes.

Quick Reply: how hard is offroad pipe install?