Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bfgoodrich kdw2...tire pressure

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 11:33 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Default bfgoodrich kdw2...tire pressure

for those that are runing these tires(summer) are you having problems keeping the psi? since, the weather has gotten colder(even in georgia), my pressure always goes down....what psi are you running?
thanks for the help in advance
jason
Old 11-17-2008, 11:37 AM
degeze
5th Gear Member

I'm sorry what was the question again...I keep looking at your avatar .

I have not had any issues with them losing pressure, I run around 32. I believe between 32-35 is normal.

Last edited by degeze; 11-18-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

IMO, tire pressure is a personal preference. I usually start at the drivers door placard stated pressure and work up from there in 2-3 PSI increments (up to the max inidcated on the sidewall) to see what I like. Every tire I've ever owned has felt "right" at a different pressure.

Cold weather always does that. And the same in reverse going from cold to warm. Tire pressure will change roughly 1 PSI for every 10 degree change in ambient temperature. I just bought a new SUV and had the tire pressure set at the dealership at 32 PSI in a 65 degree shop. The next day with the car sitting outside and the ambient at 45 degrees, the tire pressure was between 30 and 31. Nitrogen doesn't change nearly as much as air but I think it's a big waste of money.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:05 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

thanks ,NUKE
Old 11-17-2008, 12:06 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by degeze
I'm sorry what was the question again...I keep looking at your avatar .

I have not had any issues with them loosing pressure, I run around 32. I believe between 32-35 is normal.

it's a shame that i can not post a "better avatar" of my wife....she loves seeing that pictures knowing you guys/and possibly gals are loving it.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:56 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

i usually run 33-34 PSI. When air gets cold, it condenses and takes up less volume, therefore lowering pressure in the tire. when it gets hot it expands and increases pressure. This is why when you watch the top fuel dragsters with the really saggy wheels, they look properly inflated after they heat them up a la burnout; tires get hotter, air expands to fill the tire.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1morepart
it's a shame that i can not post a "better avatar" of my wife....she loves seeing that pictures knowing you guys/and possibly gals are loving it.
Actually, 1morepart, I wouldn't even RESPOND to your threads if it wasn't for that pic. LOL! (You KNOW I'm kidding... but if you'd like, I'd be happy to "love it" more if you'll send more pics. Will she take pose and wardrobe requests? )
Old 11-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
IMO, tire pressure is a personal preference. I usually start at the drivers door placard stated pressure and work up from there in 2-3 PSI increments (up to the max inidcated on the sidewall) to see what I like. Every tire I've ever owned has felt "right" at a different pressure.

Cold weather always does that. And the same in reverse going from cold to warm. Tire pressure will change roughly 1 PSI for every 10 degree change in ambient temperature. I just bought a new SUV and had the tire pressure set at the dealership at 32 PSI in a 65 degree shop. The next day with the car sitting outside and the ambient at 45 degrees, the tire pressure was between 30 and 31. Nitrogen doesn't change nearly as much as air but I think it's a big waste of money.
I agree about the nitrogen, huge waste of money for car tires. I mean, atmosphere is already darn near 80% nitrogen and its free, lol. Paying for pure nitrogen to go in my tire is just retarded.

Now on a plane that's climbing into the sky and burning a crap load of rubber when it lands, I completely understand using nitrogen.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:24 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I run mine at 34 psi cold. If you really think you're losing air pressure over a relatively short period of time, check the valve needle. Occasionally they get loose and can be tightened easily. If all is good you can get your tires filled with nitrogen. An advantage it has, is relative little psi change with temp compared to atmospheric air.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:29 PM
xxDerek
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1morepart
I run my KDW2's at 35 psi at all times. Oh and if your wife wants to let you send some "better pics" my way then I will most definitely enjoy them lol!

Quick Reply: bfgoodrich kdw2...tire pressure