Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Mustang reveal on Speed

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

Default 2010 Mustang reveal on Speed

I may be behind the ball on this so forgive me if that is so but last night on TV Speed ch they had the 2010 Mustang reveal and showed off the new Mustang. I would like to get your Input on the show if you see it or have seen the car another way. I for one think the car is nice looking but have some things to say about what I did see. For one the hump is nice over the rear wheel area glad to see that. However the rear end is well not to my liking as far as the taillights and the way they curve around the back of the car and the way they curve down from the top to get smaller to the outside edge did not care for that look. the front end of the car has changed a lot too and at this point I do not know how I feel about that it is very small in the grill area and looks to be nice but headlights are kind of rice like to me. Side view of the front end looks good but not sure how I feel about the front view yet. It looked like on one of the cars last light it had sequential tail lights on it. They really did not show the car that much for an hour show they spent more time talking with past Mustang Legends. they made only one comment about the V6 as an entry level car in passing Ford just does not care about the V6 world IMO however they did say that the Mustang is the most Modified car in the world and I can't help but to feel that the V6 community has helped out in that area just look around here and that leaves me to say THANKS to ALL MEMBERS here that have helped me out along my way Modifying my car. LOVE to all of you. I still like the 2005-2009 style better IMO

Last edited by Yellow Tang; 11-19-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:07 AM
McBudd
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs down Not 4 me

I don't think I am to much of a fan of the 2010. To me the front end is trying to emulate the Challenger and the body is to bulky. I like the smooth lines of the 2005-2009 models and the homage to the original front ends of our cars. I will probably be in the minority with this view, but o'well, that is why we have different models; not everyone likes the same thing in a car. My wish would have been for them to design it more like the '70s Boss, that would have been sweet.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:14 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I saw the show, and I don't dig the new bodystyle. It looks less like a muscle car.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:24 AM
tailwind

After seeing the styling of the 2001 Mustang I have definately decided to keep the 2006 & 2007 that I now have. I do not like the styling of rear of the 2001 nor the 'power dome' hood. Maybe the front end would grow on me but I like the 2005-2009 styling so why change. Remember trading my 65 Mustang off after 3 years and have regretted that move to this day so sure don't want to make that mistake again.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

I thought Ford had a great idea to unveil the 2010.

The show; the execution could have been better. Some of the stories fell flat on their face. Handing the keys to the kid in the Army could have been a great story, but they just kind of botched that one bad. The announcers were definitely car guys not actors and really struggled with their lines. BUT, seeing Parnelli Jones, Scott Pruett, John and Ashley Force and some of the other greats including maybe one of the greatest influential people in the history of the Mustang, Carroll Shelby was cool. I like Tommy Kendall, but he seemed a little rude in his interviews.

The car; the very second I saw the S197 I fell madly in love and knew I'd have to have one. I like the 2010, but it didn't have the polarizing effect on me the current model did. It's nice looking, it is a Mustang, but the current body style is just so 'Mustang'. I'll keep the one we have while continuing to look for the perfect, black, 2005-2009 GT 5 speed.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:32 AM
gearhed289
1st Gear Member

The show was a pretty awkward and anticlimactic piece of programming. I've seen more effective 30 second commercials than this one hour infomercial. I kind of want my hour back! LOL!

As for the car itself - I'll just say I won't be trading in my '08 any time soon. The interior refinements are nice I guess.....
Old 11-19-2008, 11:50 AM
svastano
4th Gear Member

I am not fond of the 2010 either. I think they are going Mopar on us!
Old 11-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Mopar on us? It's still a 281 dude. Negatory on that.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

^^
Yes, explain that response!
I saw just one photo of the red 2010 that looked similar to the new Challenger, but don't all cars in the same class look alike anyway?

The show was a disappointment because all they did was talk about Mustang's history.
That's not what you want to hear when buying a new car. I know the history pretty well and think what they showed with all those winning racers was very important, but was that a commercial to get a bailout from the US Govt.?
"Save us because we have such a rich history!"???

I want to know how the NEW Mustang is great not how great someone's favorite Mustang was!
I like Team Force but c'mon! John's team isn't racing a car with any parts off a production Mustang!

All in all I probably should have just drove the few miles to try to sneak a peak in Santa Monica.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:15 AM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for all the reply's and I am glad I am not the only one that feels the way I do. I will stay with the S197 too. And +1 on the comment on the GI that got the new Mustang I forgot to talk about that. You are right they could of and should of did a better job with that.

Quick Reply: 2010 Mustang reveal on Speed