Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help on axle backs

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Those vidoes REALLY make me want my MAC's back!!!

IMO, if you want the really deep 2V sound MAC's are the premier choice. However, with an off-road setup you WILL have trumpeting no matter what. A catted mid-pipe is the answer. i never owned a "pro-chamber" but I bet it trumpeted too.

Spend your money on "go-fast" mods.. much better investment.

Last edited by Rubrignitz; 12-27-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:20 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Here is in-car footage from my car, I have Corsa's. While under normal driving they are relatively quiet (just a shade louder than stock) they REALLY sounds good when you get on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9R6tO-BWEc

Also, as mentioned earlier if you add long tubes to Corsa's... they sound insane. I really want a Vortech but I'm probably going to wind up with Kooks LT headers and catted X pipe at bonus time.

Here is a vid of Corsa's with the Kooks LT Headers... sounds sick!! You have to get about 1/2 into the clip to hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzLCjvq-b3U
Old 12-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Can't go wrong with Kooks LT's and corsa's sound great!

I wish I could re-experiment with exhaust setups but found something I could live with and moved on.

There's no "perfect" exhaust setups like the 2V's... but it's fun to experiment and S197 exhaust setups go for close to retail on craigslist and ebay. no reason not to experiment a bit to find your perfect setup.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:01 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

WOW what a ton of info in such a short amount of time +1 for MF

To the exhaust, right now since I’m going to be out of school soon (college) I just want to toss on an axle back, and down the road may be a O/R H or X pipe. For now just the A/B is what I want to do. The borla Stingers sound nice, a decent upgrade from stock but not the tone I’m looking for but still sounds good. The SLPs, power flows sounds nice but still not what I’m looking for the loud mouths on the other hand is the what I’m looking for but it does have some trumpeting. I would rather have drone the trumpeting, HATE HATE HATE trumpeting

Side note the loud mouths legal? You’re basically dumping the muffle for a straight pipe.

The violators do sounds nice but again not the note I’m looking for. The FRPP mufflers I’m still doing some homework on to find a video that has a drive by and the combo of just A/B I’m looking for.

I’m still leaning towards the MACs I just love how well the sound. To those who had them when the drone was at its deepest did the car rattle, or how hard was it to listen to the radio or talk to a passenger. The only smooth drone as side from my blazer that I herd and LOVED was in a Yukon Denali. There was a drone in them stock and it sounds great from the inside. I don’t know if any one has herd that and the Mac drone to compare to but the Denali drone didn’t bother me at all.

Also to make a long post even longer, with my blazer 4.3 v-6 I know it’s a different motor, but when I would down shift it would gargle, snap, pop as the motor would slow the car, I loved it. From seeing all these clips it doesn’t seem that many fords do that. Does any one have this gargling on there car?

Thank again for all your input and sorry for the novel i have just herd WAY to many people around my area just tossing crap on there car to be loud.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I have ZERO gargle/pop whether on up or down accelaration now. It's a constant tone up or down.

I also hate the popping/ snapping on decel.. sounds like crap to me.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:24 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

the loud snapping, crackling on decel yes, does sounds like crap, i like the low deep gargle i used to get. but only the lower more quite tones i like, the almost trumpeting on decel, YUCK im sure no one likes that
Old 12-27-2008, 09:41 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Here's my MAC Boomtubes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erbt2E3evCc
Old 12-27-2008, 10:05 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
They do sound nice, i wasn't able to find a video of some one on the road with them, do they trumpet at all?
Old 12-27-2008, 11:07 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

To answer your questions, yes my macs do gargle on deceleration. I love going down a hill and taking my foot off the gas and hearing that v8 gargle all the way down the hill. The SLP's (or any muffler delete) may only violate a law pertaining to sound level. In most cases its not nearly loud enough to get hasseled or even break the db level. Since they dont have anything to do with emissions there is no problem. If your interested in hearing how it sounds just take your mufflers off. I did this for a while and it wont melt the bumper or anything. From what you said in all honesty it sounds like you should get the macs. Deep, gargle on decel, great tone, great price, great quality, no trumpeting/rasp. Also the drone isnt that bad. you will never spend more then 10 seconds in the "drone zone" while driving.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:35 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

wow i need some LT's 2 make my car sound like that

Quick Reply: need help on axle backs