Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #21
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

If i was putting a remote start in my car it would ONLY be factory ford,your asking for problems with a aftermarket one!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 12-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #22
Jermaine_Luvv

Vehicle: 2002, Ford, Mustang

I have a 2002 3.8 5 speed manual mustang I want to install a Excalibur AL-2050_EDPB with a Blade-AL64 bypass module! Now the wiring diagram came with the Eacalibur but not with the Bypass module! So I went there website a to look it up and they show me that two wires (Orange/Black-ECM RX, Gray/Red-ECM TX) go from the bypass to the ignition 1 & 2, but that's it! I do know that using a Bypass module eliminates most of the wires that comes with the Excalibur! Now the a wiring diagram for the Excalibur show's you where to put it's wires but not the blade bypass! Can someone please help me with this!!!
Jermaine_Luvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #23
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '08 S197 GT

Remote start switch on a manual...Hmm...where have I heard this story before??

http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-...e-updated.html

Actually OP, is your car auto or manual? I just posted this because someone mentioned putting Remote start on their MANUAL car....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoyz View Post
if you are getting 29mpg in your 5.0, you aren't driving it correctly
Derf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #24
wkayl
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible

I have a remote starter on my 2013 GT with a 6 speed manual. it is made by AstroStart. You have to shut down the car in a proper sequence or it will not start the car. With your feet on the clutch and brake, take it out of gear and let out the clutch. While foot is still on the brake, set the emergency brake. Take feet off the pedals, turn "off" the car and remove the key. The car will continue to run. After one or both doors have ben opened and closed, the car will shut down. The start system now knows that the car was out of gear when the car doors were closed. It may seem complicated, but after a few times, it is automatic and you don't even think about it. It has a switch under the dash to disable the system (like when I have the car serviced). I also have a phone app (SmartStart) that I can unlock, open trunk, or start the car from anyplace in the United States where my phone (Verizon) has connection and the car has phone connection. The car is AT&T so that s**ks in some areas.
wkayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #25
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang
whosniffedme whosniffedme whosniffedme

Getting a remote started in stalled on a manual is a pain in the ***. I called 6 or 7 different businesses asking for an install and only two offered me prices like $250-$300, the others flat out refused. This is because they believe that it's a liability on their part if you were to start in gear. I did a lot of research and this stuff is utterly annoying to try and understand, good luck.

I had a guy said he'd install mine if I bought him a case of beer but he flaked out on me.

Current Vehicle:
07' GT/CS Roushcharged http://mustangforums.com/forum/garag...sniffedme.html
Past Vehicles:'03 Explorer Sport Trac XLT,
'69 Mustang soft top fully rebuilt 351C swap
whosniffedme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #26
johnny_raincloud
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang GT
https://www.facebook.com/chris.cuevas.5249 Chris Cuevas chris_cuevas11

I definitely agree that a remote start on a manual is very risky...
From a convenience stand point, it would be nice. However, I have had so many friends who destroyed their front ends and property from having this on their MT cars.
SMR#3125
Starving for mods...

johnny_raincloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #27
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 GT500 07 GT vert

It's just a bad idea. Remote starts are for autos. Anything else is asking for trouble.

wcgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #28
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '08 S197 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkayl View Post
I have a remote starter on my 2013 GT with a 6 speed manual. it is made by AstroStart. You have to shut down the car in a proper sequence or it will not start the car. With your feet on the clutch and brake, take it out of gear and let out the clutch. While foot is still on the brake, set the emergency brake. Take feet off the pedals, turn "off" the car and remove the key. The car will continue to run. After one or both doors have ben opened and closed, the car will shut down. The start system now knows that the car was out of gear when the car doors were closed. It may seem complicated, but after a few times, it is automatic and you don't even think about it. It has a switch under the dash to disable the system (like when I have the car serviced). I also have a phone app (SmartStart) that I can unlock, open trunk, or start the car from anyplace in the United States where my phone (Verizon) has connection and the car has phone connection. The car is AT&T so that s**ks in some areas.
What a pain...it's fine up until you shut the car 'off' and it still runs until you open close one or both doors.

So if you can start the car without the key, can you drive it without the key?

The way I look at is that if you own a manual (more fun to drive) you give up certain perks of owning an auto, and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoyz View Post
if you are getting 29mpg in your 5.0, you aren't driving it correctly
Derf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #29
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 GT Vert, 02 GT Vert

Any auto start should shut down when the brake/clutch is depressed without a key in the ign. My factory system on the 08 auto works like a charm....but I doubt I would have ordered one or installed one on a car for my personal use.
I wake up in the morning with nothing to do and by supper time, I have half of it done.

2008 GT Vert, stock
2000 Lightning, s/c, tuned, Basanni, built tranny
Previous Mustangs:4 - '66 Coupes(silver/blue/grey/red) '87 GT HO, '00/'02/'07 GT Vert(red)(grey)(black), '68 Coupe, '11 GT/CS
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #30
wkayl
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf00 View Post
What a pain...it's fine up until you shut the car 'off' and it still runs until you open close one or both doors.

So if you can start the car without the key, can you drive it without the key?

The way I look at is that if you own a manual (more fun to drive) you give up certain perks of owning an auto, and vice versa.
It is not a pain at all. Like I said, after doing it a few times, it is no hassle at all. How many of you already have the clutch and brake pushed in when you shut down your car and set the emergency brake? After you exit the car it is just like any other remote system. The car will shut down if brake is depressed or the engine goes over 1000 RPM. No key in ignition, so no you cannot steer the car to drive it. I will shoot a GoPro video this weekend and show how it works.
wkayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:24 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
07, 1996, 2005, 2007, 2008, find, ford, gt, hook, manufactor, mustang, problems, remote, silververt, start, starter, starters, tool