Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw the 2010 Mustang....

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 08:23 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vintage Mustanger
Ford did their usual thing and had to change the looks, once again for the worse.
They did it in 1970 when they changed the great looks of the 69 Mustang to the ugly 1970 Mustang, then again when they came out with the Mustang 2.
If Ford was really smart ( well we know the answer to that) they shoud have come out with a "Mach 2" version of the 06-to 09 body style.since "Mach 1" was the 1969 version.
Hood scoop, blacked in hood with pin striping, turn signal indicator lights on the back of the scoop, but Ford just seems to lack in the design department.
Glad I have my 06, with only 9500 miles on it!
Mine is a V6 but has plenty of power, great on gas mileage, gets about 26 to 28 on the highway, with an automatic transmission and all the options.
I also own a 68 Mustang coupe, candy apple red which is restomod, but a nice car, 302 V8, 307 horsepower,4 speed toploader( NASCAR version-very rare-)with 3:50 posi rearend gears. Hurst short throw shifter, custom made highback front bucket seats, American Racing wheels -16 inch- with BF Goodrich wide oval radials.
I also own and drive my 2006 Mustang Pony Car version, just an all arond nice car, bought it new in 06, have only put 9500 miles on it, stored winters.Car is yellow, gets a lot of great comments!
I have had a 66 Mustang , a 67 Mustang GT, and a 1969 Mach One, brand new, and it came stock with a 427 cubic inch big block V8- 485 horsepower, toploader 4 speed transmission, and there were only 36 of these ever made!
Like a fool I sold it when I was in college and nit was getting expensive for insurance and gas, ( laughing here) because gas was only about 31 to 36 cents a gallon back then!
In showroom condition today that particular Mach One would be worth about 150 thousand!
Where it is today, I have no idea, probably eventually found a junkyard to rust down in! LOL!
But also looking at the interior of the 2010 Mustang, I simply don't like it, the 2005-2009's were much better!
Shame on Edsel !!!
I will let Edsel know my feelings personally when I see him at the Oshkosh Wisconsin Air Show in July 2009, Ford is the main sponsor and I am sure they will have some 2010 Mustangs for VIP cars to hand out.
One really great looking Mustang is the P-51 version of the 2009 Mustang, done up to commemorate the World War Two 356th Fighter Group of the US Army Eighth Air Force.
There is a picture on the Experimental Aircraft Association website.
There is ONLY ONE of this car made.
Well, when all is said and done, I wonder if Mr Shelby will do a 2010 "Shelby Mustang", if so , it also might be at the Oshkosh Air Show this year, as Carroll usually attends and can be seen at the Ford Pavilion display tent on one or two days during the show.Several years ago, he personally signed a "Ford Oshkosh" ball cap for me, then handed it to Edsall and had him sign it also.
Motor Trend put a 2010 Shelby GT500 on it's front cover saying, "540 hp take that Camero!"
I love it!
Old 02-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

The *** on that is absolutely horrible.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:15 AM
powerband
2nd Gear Member

I like the new styling a lot, but it's not so vastly different that I feel bad about being "stuck" with a previous generation. I will stick with my 08 for a while, with absolutely no regret or envy.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:14 AM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

i would be able to look past the rear end/front end if the 5 liter was under the hood, maybe, just maybe perhaps ford will please us fall 2010
Old 03-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

For me, it's a wash. There's a lot I like about it, but for every detail I like, there's one that I like better on my current pony. For example, I love the new hood, but hate the taillight bezels, love the new lower bumper/chin, hate the grill, love the HIDs, hate the shape of the headlight buckets, love the upgraded materials in the interior, hate the new design of the dash.

For me, the pinnacle of the Mustangs are the GT500, and the convertible pony package. Both are the essence of modern Mustangs. One is aggressive and sexy, the other, retro and stylish. This new one, as nice as it is, feels like it's trying too hard to fit in. It reminds me as much of a Saab as it does a Mustang.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:33 PM
davidrc517

Are the new lights bi-xenon? I would love to get those on my 06 V6 bc my lights are yellow and weak!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:01 PM
ztalon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by powerband
I like the new styling a lot, but it's not so vastly different that I feel bad about being "stuck" with a previous generation. I will stick with my 08 for a while, with absolutely no regret or envy.

That's always the problem when you get a brand new car that ends up with a refresh a year or two after you buy it. It has happened to me a few times. I had some initial urges to up to the newer style, but it quickly passed and I enjoyed those cars for many years without any regrets and with a lot less of a hit on my wallet.

I agree with you. No need to feel stuck with the current style. It isn't going to suddenly start looking dated. It has a classic look that should endure for many, many years.

I've had my eye on uping to a new Mustang GT, but I really am not sure yet on whether the 2010 appeals to me more or whether I should just look on a lot for a 2009 and maybe get a better deal.

I priced a 2010 GT premium with the glass roof and side/hood scoops and it was over $36,000. Suddenly my currrent cars started looking pretty good to me.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

I think the V6 looks a ton better than the GT. But I really hate the rear. Exspecially the convertable!!! I have seen them in person and they look like BOATS!!!
Old 03-28-2009, 04:39 PM
RedRave
1st Gear Member

Personally i think like everything this car will grow on you guys. Its human nature to hate things that change when you love what u have. I like many of you wasnt sure about this new 2010 stang but after seeing it in person i have grown to really like it.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:10 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

I still say that the 2010 is just a ride drop and a set of wide, beefy radials away from looking more than badass. The high stock ride height and narrowass tires are what is ruining the car's rear profile IMO. It was the same way on the 05-09's.

Quick Reply: Saw the 2010 Mustang....