Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Close call is an understatement

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 12:13 PM
07cspony
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by eslhockey92g
I play for IUP my college.

Yeah i had like an out of body moment just seeing that ditch get closer and closer. i always see it and think damn, that would suck to slide in. sliding in backwards never crossed my mind haha.

Im assuming the whole drivetrain back there has to be kind of strong so im really thinking there no damage, once i got it out there was not mud or clear damage just some light snow, Nothing like hard packed snow stuff any there just the muffler had mud in/on it.
Good to hear a Crimson Hawk (my son is a freshman at IUP this year) and his stang made are OK.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:36 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Oh thats cool, the school is nice. I like it but im ready to be done and get started.

Well i washed it off good today, the bumper is cracked a little bit. Around where the left exhaust sticks out, that little lip about 6" on each side along the where the lip and bumper meet. its not to bad if you don't know its there. The bumper support punched a small whole to the left of the left exhaust. The paint is chipping a bit, but looking at the bumper it almost seems like it is not OEM.

I put a non OEM bumper on my friends car and it felt cheap and didn't really line up. Now looking at this one it kind of seems the same. may be down the road ill toss on a gt500 or CS bumper but im sure between the bumper and to have it painted, than the stripes repainted it wouldnt be cheap. When i take it in next week to a shop ill see if they can quote me to get it fixed. But it isn't really noticable, i just hope it doesn't get worse
Old 01-23-2009, 01:26 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Just got back from a collision center, everything is fine underneath

it will need a new bumper,paint, pin strip to add up to 720.00
That is also with the CS bumper, its only 10 more dollars. I think ill hold off on that for now, its not too bad
Old 01-23-2009, 08:22 PM
nofear
1st Gear Member

Glad to see you and your car are ok.
my friend lost his g35 coupe this winter in the charles river here in boston.
this is the kind of stuff that makes me keep my car under a car cover all winter.
but im spoiled i can walk to work (5 blocks) however the withdrawals are killing me
Old 01-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Wow, glad to see your ok, as well as the car.

I had quite a few experiences myself with my older 01 Mustang.... imagine you are on a highway late at night and you are going to go into the middle lane. When you are going you see someone else doing the same and you beep but he keeps on going and hits you. Then you end up doing around 3x 360s, come around again and hit his/her back bumper - your front bumper flies off and then you are facing oncoming traffic like a deer looking at headlights. All of this is happening when you are doing 60mph or so.

...its not fun

*BTW, that person never stopped - hit and run.

Glad you are safe once again

Originally Posted by nofear
Glad to see you and your car are ok.
my friend lost his g35 coupe this winter in the charles river here in boston.
this is the kind of stuff that makes me keep my car under a car cover all winter.
but im spoiled i can walk to work (5 blocks) however the withdrawals are killing me
My car is in the shop for less than 1 day and I miss it already :/
Old 01-23-2009, 09:28 PM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Maybe go a bit slower next time?
Old 01-23-2009, 10:06 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Smooth j: Damn that would put some hair on your chest haha

nofear: haha lost it in the river, how did that happen. I have sunk my blazer offroading but the water level was only around where your hips are in the car, i couldnt imagine seeing a nice car go under.

Svasto: if that was towards me yeah, just a tad to fast for the conditons. I learned quick on that. Ill save that kind of driving for the track or atleast the summer time.

It sucks having to wait till summer/spring to enjoy our cars
Old 01-24-2009, 09:46 AM
travis5049
1st Gear Member

Default deer

It amazing the abuse the cars will take! I was on a crowded freeway here in central texas and traffic was slowing,it was dusk, just turned my fog lights on, went to change lanes. There was a Big F-250 in front of me in the right lane and a van in the center lane. The van moved slightly to the left, thought he was changing lanes to the left, so I was going to move into his spot and when I moved over I realized there was a dead deer on the white line, BIG F***ing dead deer. We were rolling about 70 and the whole left side went airborne at least 2-3 feet in the air, I was on 2 wheels for a moment and when it slammed back down to the pavement she got a little squirrely. I kept it straight and was amazed that I didn't hit anybody ............as I pulled to the shoulder I just new the whole front fascia was crushed, but to my amazement there was no damage. I had a rub spot on the bumper and blood stuck to the front wheel and slung down the side of my car. I looked around realizing it was rush hour, cars are everywhere, better get off the highway, nothing leaking under the car. There were 2 hondas on the shoulder also,or maybe it was a honda and a toyota they both had bad damage on the front ends. The honda looked like he had a cracked windshield. I was lucky and went SLOW.........straight home, the car seemed fine. The next day we got it up on blocks at the house..........nothing wrong. Had the alignment checked and it was dead on. Everything was fine, that was deer season last year. Jumping my mustang sh...................
Old 01-24-2009, 09:51 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by xxDerek
Good save man, lucky, but glad to hear you're okay. My stang was rear ended today it's okay though, bumpers trash, but getting a CS rear fascia and HOPEFULLY a Roush wing out of the deal,
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Last edited by pascal; 10-04-2009 at 06:54 PM.