Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Mustang GT vs. 2010 Dodge Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 12:17 PM
TheRebel
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 302me
I've heard a couple of rumors that the SRT is being axed along w/ all Mopar's "muscle" series. I don't have any definitive evidence to the rumor, except a buddy of mine is wrench and gets a lot of "hear say" about the industry as a whole.
That would explain why the Dodge dealers around here are loading up on SRTs. I have yet to se a V6 Challenger on any of the lots and the maybe 1 or 2 R/Ts. Most have 3 or 4 SRTs. Didn't make sense to me since I figure the R/T and SE would sell more as most people would be able to better afford them.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:09 PM
snaggeltooth

Originally Posted by TheRebel
That would explain why the Dodge dealers around here are loading up on SRTs. I have yet to se a V6 Challenger on any of the lots and the maybe 1 or 2 R/Ts. Most have 3 or 4 SRTs. Didn't make sense to me since I figure the R/T and SE would sell more as most people would be able to better afford them.
Sale person said the RTs are gone as quick as they get them in, dont last 2 days usually.. But he did say they getting a $8k mark up .. so go figure
Old 02-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
/\/\/\ What's with all the Camaro specs? This thread is about the new GT vs the new Challenger.
Because the Camaro will pwn both.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:45 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
Sale person said the RTs are gone as quick as they get them in, dont last 2 days usually.. But he did say they getting a $8k mark up .. so go figure
must be where you live..????

where I live ( Cincinnati,Ohio ) you can buy them all day long at sticker .. maybe even under sticker ..???? I haven't gone that far yet.. ( to see how low they will go as I am not that serious YET..!!! )
but real nice looking car.. what you all are forgetting..
this is a real 4 or 5 person car.. not a 2 person car that has a back seat that only the kids can get into the back .. like my 06 Mustang GT.. nobody has even been in the back seats.. a adult person of any real height can't fit back there..

would I buy one.. ????

I might .. but I would like to give it a few more years so they can work the bugs out..
ie: like the water leaks on the 05 to 08 Mustangs.. yes mine is fixed now.. and I thought I was going to be one of the lucky ones without the problem.. WRONG..!!!!! it got me when the warranty was almost out.. ( I had a smell with no leak ) the fix is * TSB-08-26-7 *
which is newer than TSB-07-14-6 .. the last one I seen posted on these forums..

bottom line.. real nice looking car.. and has plenty of power for just being stock..
mods.. trust me.. if people want them.. they will come.. so even more HP..

the Shelby.. come on.. at 50K.. that is a joke.. you all know that.. I would love to have one .. so don't get me wrong.. but 50K.. WOW.. that is A LOT of $$$$$$ for a car...
and for the most part.. it is just a Mustang with a better engine in it.. ( keyword .. for the most part )
now if Ford wanted say around ~40K for a Shelby.. I would sell my GT in a heart beat and buy a new Shelby.. but not at 50.. so I think I will wait it out .. let the big 3 fight it out.. " so to speak.. lol " and see who has the best bang for the buck in a year or so..

JMO only.. and to be taken as such...
Old 02-14-2009, 06:02 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
Because the Camaro will pwn both.
But all those were specs on the sixxer Camaro. I don't see the sixxer Camaro pwning any newer GT or Challenger (except the base model). And if the GT does get a 4V 5.0 for 2011, I don't see the SS pwning that either. JMO.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:37 AM
TheRebel
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
Really? They have employee discount on them in my area with another grand off with bonus cash. That is about $3000 below sticker and they are not moving. The dealers keep dealer trading the R/Ts for SRTs. I think they could sell the R/Ts but the SRTs are out of most peoples price range.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:03 AM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 302me
I've heard a couple of rumors that the SRT is being axed along w/ all Mopar's "muscle" series. I don't have any definitive evidence to the rumor, except a buddy of mine is wrench and gets a lot of "hear say" about the industry as a whole. He also mentioned to me that the body panels for the new camaro are made of site be a separate, independent company. He heard, and remember "rumor" that the company went bust and took everything w/ them, so the camaro is being nixed after the lot of them already built are sold. Has anyone heard anything about either, either on the net or mags?

The verts were canceled but that's about it (as in, the vert challenger and camaro). There's PLENTY of people that want these cars for them to keep making them for quite some time.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:49 PM
99RedStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
The verts were canceled but that's about it (as in, the vert challenger and camaro).
I swear I read something that said Chevy would be producing Camaro verts afterall. Can anyone verify this?
Old 02-16-2009, 09:05 PM
'00gt

The Challenger SRT is hands down a more comfortable car than the mustang GT. Like Rex said, you can actually fit people in the back seat. it handles great, for how big it is...I think some lowering springs would help it a lot though. Our biggest complaint is the blind spot and rear view (not mirror!!!) ...They are both great cars though. The mustang feels like a slot car compared to the challenger, although the chally will go around any corner just as fast as a GT, if not faster. I myself was surprised at what the SRT's could do while at the SRT Track Experience. The chargers (they didn't have challengers last fall, but they handle almost identical) did have body roll, but that's where the ESP came in and stopped the roll while we pushed the car harder. I think many people become afraid as soon as the body rolls, but in SRT's you can push way past the roll. It will take any turn as fast as you want and grip. Sometimes the mustang rolls less, but feels less grippy...I don't know how to explain it. If you read all this I'm proud of you....I love both cars!!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 09:19 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

Here is a nice link about the car.. ( yeah I know there are a million link on them )

http://www.edmunds.com/il/dodge/chal...id=gc47736483#

I like this comment on that link..
" The second, a 525-hp flat-black Challenger Super-stock concept, is shod with massive Goodyear slicks and is good for one thing — knocking off 11.0-second quarter-mile runs. "

which is what Dodge done in the " muscle car" days.. make a car with primer paint only and slicks stock on them... so a person could take it straight to the race track after you bought it.. I remember my older brother was going to buy one.. but my Dad talked him out of it.. then he was going to buy a Hemi Road Runner... but our Dad also talked him out of that also... he bough a van instead .. makes me sick thinking about that now.. as it does my brother... lol

the car really looks like a old 'Cuda in a way to me.. as a 16 to 25 year old kid.. my dream car was a 'Cuda.. but I couldn't find one to save my life..!!!! ahahahah

oh well.. maybe in a few years I will buy one.. again.. when they have " the bugs " worked out on them...!!!!!

Rex

Quick Reply: 2010 Mustang GT vs. 2010 Dodge Challenger